Author Topic: Any changes in base takes with the new version?  (Read 1742 times)

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Any changes in base takes with the new version?
« on: August 12, 2015, 05:47:56 PM »
Are towns going to be different? Vbase and port guns setup differently? HQ gonna have manned guns?

393rd Bombardment Squadron

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Re: Any changes in base takes with the new version?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2015, 06:08:59 PM »
Have you downloaded the alpha 69 and looked around for your self? Try bailing out at the HQ and take a foot tour. Or drive a jeep around in the mega towns attached to the current NDisles large airfields. There is at least one manned gun with covering range on the map room.

We tried questions on Hitech like this since last august in the closed alpha. I'd like to see how this turns out for you. Personally, I've walked and driven around the towns and HQ so many times, I was praying for the open alpha so you guys can take over driving yourselves batty.

One day a bunch of us got bored and had a pistol fight at an HQ last year. Lawndart discovered you can skewer another pilot from behind with your gun and arm to the hilt and the only way he can get loose is by towering out. And then there were those sections of the HQ mountain road where your pilot would levitate....... :O Even a few of those for a time in the small towns where your GV would levitate.  :evil:
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2015, 06:54:16 PM »
I am undefeated in pistol fights at the hq...........or anywhere else.

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2015, 09:24:20 PM »
I am undefeated in pistol fights at the hq...........or anywhere else.
not only is that outstanding, I would expect nothing less :rock

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2015, 09:24:52 PM »
Have you downloaded the alpha 69 and looked around for your self? Try bailing out at the HQ and take a foot tour. Or drive a jeep around in the mega towns attached to the current NDisles large airfields. There is at least one manned gun with covering range on the map room.

We tried questions on Hitech like this since last august in the closed alpha. I'd like to see how this turns out for you. Personally, I've walked and driven around the towns and HQ so many times, I was praying for the open alpha so you guys can take over driving yourselves batty.

One day a bunch of us got bored and had a pistol fight at an HQ last year. Lawndart discovered you can skewer another pilot from behind with your gun and arm to the hilt and the only way he can get loose is by towering out. And then there were those sections of the HQ mountain road where your pilot would levitate....... :O Even a few of those for a time in the small towns where your GV would levitate.  :evil:
my point is there is no talk.

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2015, 09:26:12 PM »
and unless i am the onry one,
                                         ( L)

Talk is sometimes a very good thing you hermits

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2015, 09:41:17 PM »
Wizz, there is enough of a change in the layout of the towns, the air bases, Vbases and ports that it will change the game play.  With that said it APPEARS that base takes still require troops in the map room in town, or the map room at a Vbase or Port. Beyond that as Bustr stated, no feedback  yet. For GV'ers it will be a big change just due to the graphics improvements, as well as the change in layouts. I am looking forward to it going live and see what we can do. :banana:
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Yankee67

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2015, 08:59:29 AM »
I've played the alpha in a tank, and War Thunder in a tank.  The only edge War Thunder has right now, imho, is graphics.  If AH3 finalizes into a War Thunder-like graphics package (ie, the explosions, terrain, clutter, etc), and all evidence seems to be pointing in that direction, you're going to need an army or divorce papers to get me off the computer I'm building.

(Also, there was a thread yesterday about making the ord bunker explosion more realistic, with an actual 50k pounds or so of ords going off at once.  That would be way cool, too.) 
Y67 (6/2/13 - 9/17/13)            8thJinx (9/17/13 -   )

B-24H Liberator SN 294837-T, "The Jinx", 848th BS, 490th BG, 8th AF, RAF Station Eye, delivered 1943. Piloted by Lt. Thomas Keyes, named by his crew, and adorned with bad luck symbols, the aircraft survived the entire war.

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2015, 10:31:01 AM »
The towns  are different
Flying since tour 71.

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2015, 10:51:57 AM »
The towns  are different

Ill eventually jump back into the game and check it out. I have recently moved and enjoying a nice break for awhile. With that said ive been curious so thought I would ask. Its good to hear its different. IMO wf a town and deacking it in lancs should take a full load of ords without room to spare. Appreciate the feed back gents <<S>>

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2015, 11:39:21 AM »
Sorry I was pressed for time before!
 the towns are different  (and very nice)the bases are all different , new map room, new buildings,, It;s going to be fun learning everything again.
Flying since tour 71.

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2015, 03:51:25 PM »
Sorry I was pressed for time before!
 the towns are different  (and very nice)the bases are all different , new map room, new buildings,, It;s going to be fun learning everything again.
that is good news. It is very exciting to think about!

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2015, 09:56:21 PM »
Dear Hitech,

Some of us have been laboring with you for a year now on the alpha as testers. You made it very clear what our roll was in the scheme of things. It took a bit of ignoring our questions for us to get the point and just look for bugs. So after all of this time, I want to ask a very important question.

Will we get the vodka bottle back in the La's?
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline ebfd11

• Platinum Member
      • [b]POTW[/b]
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2015, 05:04:22 PM »
deleted
PIGS ON THE WING 3RD WING

InGame id: LawnDart
RIP Skullman Potzie and BentNail

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2015, 07:20:13 AM »
NO
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes