Author Topic: Patch 70  (Read 1859 times)

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Patch 70
« on: August 14, 2015, 02:55:19 PM »
New version up!  Read the sticky.

Do you have the anti for this game?

Come get some!
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
Re: Patch 70
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2015, 03:13:40 PM »
I don't understand. The download portion says patch 68 to 69 and the full install also lists as patch 69.

When I click on the link, the file names also confirm patch 69.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2015, 03:18:27 PM »
Hit refresh on the post Easy.  You might have gotten to it before the post was completed as it takes us a couple of passes to get all the information into it.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2015, 03:58:57 PM »
DL'd patch failed first try, usual stdshape.res. Ran patch again no problems. AA looks good. Films look nicer.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2015, 04:07:08 PM »
At A1 I spawned an LVT4 in the hanger, then drove over to the lake off the side of the airfield that terminates one end of the river. The LVT4 entered the water quickly then stopped. I could not get the LVT to navigate water once entered. We should be able to navigate that water system in an LVT including porting across to deliver troops to the map room.

At least at the port we can now enter and exit the water in an LVT.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 04:14:38 PM by bustr »
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2015, 04:20:09 PM »
Mode 1024

All defaults on.

Field A1.

In the hanger, tried to spawn a HurriC, game locked up. Had to Ctrl-Alt-Del to the desktop. At that point the executable error window popped up.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2015, 04:24:13 PM »
If I move from the hanger to the tower or the bridge of the CV and press the spawn button for an aircraft, instant exe error window.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2015, 04:30:28 PM »
Will download the full version and reinstall to see if that stops the exe errors. I've now reached the point if I try to change rides in the hanger, clicking on the new ride causes the error.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline Tracerfi

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2015, 04:34:17 PM »
it appears that if you spawn on the CV and drop your bombs on the deck of the CV the bombs will damage the CV
You cannot beat savages by becoming one.

He who must not be named

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2015, 04:38:46 PM »
Update went ok, Upped an LVT at port to check access, worked great! :aok

Played with one of the 88's at the port, no issues noted.

Went to takeoff in an F190D, CTD.
Ended program, restarted Alpha, CTD.

Will try again. Program started okay.

Nope still CTD when attempting to takeoff in any aircraft. GV's work great, just no aircraft.

Uninstalled program, downloaded Alpha 70 complete and installed, still CTD when attempting to takeoff in aircraft.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 05:04:58 PM by JimmyD3 »
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2015, 05:02:34 PM »
Jimmy, thanks, I'll go with that.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline ebfd11

• Platinum Member
      • [b]POTW[/b]
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2015, 05:05:12 PM »
Checked out 70 and the CV looks awesome... and the new icons for the strats are great... BUUUT

The Port Icons are showing on strange vectors ... some are upsider down and some are facing east and west... none are showing the way the fields are up and down...

LawnDart
PIGS ON THE WING 3RD WING

InGame id: LawnDart
RIP Skullman Potzie and BentNail

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2015, 06:22:17 PM »
After a full reinstall of 70.

Icons are fine for me. If I only choose GV and manned guns, I can spawn. I unchecked all of the new graphics boxes on the fold out page, a few fps more while on the ground but, didn't change the exe error for spawning aircraft in the hanger or on the runway.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2015, 07:06:19 PM »
As the rest have reported, I crash to desktop whenever I launch a plane to take off.

I reduced all my graphics, including the 4 new lighting effects to see if that would fix it but no joy.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 07:07:50 PM by Easyscor »
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline ebfd11

• Platinum Member
      • [b]POTW[/b]
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2015, 08:14:13 PM »
For those getting CTD i found a fix for it (i think)...go into your graphics cards settings and set anti ailising and graphics options back to the original sertings. I was having the same issue and i set everything back to stock and i have had no problems with it. ..

LawnDart
PIGS ON THE WING 3RD WING

InGame id: LawnDart
RIP Skullman Potzie and BentNail