Author Topic: Bad News Car Enthusiasts  (Read 6130 times)

Offline SilverZ06

• Silver Member
Re: Bad News Car Enthusiasts
« Reply #45 on: August 22, 2015, 04:36:52 PM »
Just get out there and get some American V-8 while you still can!

I got mine!  :banana: :aok :cheers:

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: August 22, 2015, 08:05:54 PM »
Fustang.  :bhead
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline SilverZ06

• Silver Member
« Reply #47 on: August 22, 2015, 10:17:39 PM »
Fustang.  :bhead

the only thing that looks like a fusion is the upper grill opening and that opening shape is on almost every car Ford currently makes.  With the lower grill and splitter it looks nothing like a fusion in person. Pictures really don't do these cars justice. The sharp lines throughout the body just look fantastic in person. You can't please everyone I guess. I am happy with my purchase.  :aok

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #48 on: August 22, 2015, 11:31:26 PM »
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: August 23, 2015, 07:33:49 AM »
I guess the time when ford owned aston martin had an influence on the shape of the more recent mustangs.

It's basic shape reminds me of a generations old Aston Martin V8 vantage.............which, of course, was influenced by late 60s mustangs...........which were influenced by the early 60s aston martins.

I think ford did right on the roofline and basic shape and hope they don't turn the front end into a lexus "electric razor" grille setup.

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: August 23, 2015, 08:16:38 AM »
Me in my SRT Skyline Drive.  Note:   no extension cord.  And by the way can you say big block?

I prefer the sound of a HEMI rumbling, not the sound of a whirring electric razor thank you.

And by the way, thanks for plugging in!  Saves more 93 octane for me...........and skip the ethanol please.

HAJO:  DRIVING BIG BLOCKS SINCE 1965!

The R/T I owned before my SRT

I pick electric cars out of my grill.  What fun they must be to drive  har de har har :rofl

R/Ts engine bay.

« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 08:40:23 AM by Hajo »
- The Flying Circus -

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #51 on: August 23, 2015, 08:31:33 AM »
I guess the time when ford owned aston martin had an influence on the shape of the more recent mustangs.

It's basic shape reminds me of a generations old Aston Martin V8 vantage.............which, of course, was influenced by late 60s mustangs...........which were influenced by the early 60s aston martins.

I think ford did right on the roofline and basic shape and hope they don't turn the front end into a lexus "electric razor" grille setup.

Actually, the designer of the new Ford lineup was the lead designer at Aston Martin.

I think the new Mustang is the best looking Mustang Ford has ever produced.  If it was not so big, I would have one in a heartbeat.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: August 23, 2015, 08:31:45 AM »
Me in my SRT Skyline Drive.  Note:   no extension cord.  And by the way can you say big block?

I prefer the sound of a HEMI rumbling, not the sound of a whirring electric razor thank you.

And by the way, thanks for plugging in!  Saves more 93 octane for me...........and skip the ethanol please.

HAJO:  DRIVING BIG BLOCKS SINCE 1965!

(Image removed from quote.)

The R/T I owned before my SRT

(Image removed from quote.)

I pick electric cars out of my grill.  What fun they must be to drive  har de har har :rofl

By FAR the best-looking of the three pony cars. Hoping to upgrade to the Hemi, but seems I'm on a time-limit.  :(
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: August 23, 2015, 08:32:23 AM »
Actually, the designer of the new Ford lineup was the lead designer at Aston Martin.

I think the new Mustang is the best looking Mustang Ford has ever produced.  If it was not so big, I would have one in a heartbeat.

What blasphemy is this? Give me a First Gen in a heartbeat. You can keep your Eurostang.

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: August 23, 2015, 08:44:23 AM »
By FAR the best-looking of the three pony cars. Hoping to upgrade to the Hemi, but seems I'm on a time-limit.  :(

Saxman do not despair!  Word has it they are coming out with a factory 900HP version!

You will have plenty of time!  900HP for the street a bit much for me.  Even the SXTs have 300HP V6s'.

The key is the look of the challenger, it's timeless.  When you watch TV, which of the 3 (Camaro, Mustang and Challenger) do you see most?
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 08:58:04 AM by Hajo »
- The Flying Circus -

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #55 on: August 23, 2015, 11:11:42 AM »
We've had the worst luck with Fords except for the truck line.
We traded our (then new) 1999 Ford Explorer in in 2005 for a new Mustang.
Both of these vehicles had major transmission repair bills awaiting them UNDER 120k miles and they were both automatics and both driven by my wife.

We went from Ford to Toyota and BMW and never looked back at another Ford again.
With that said, I've never had any issues with Ford Trucks I've owned over the years (1981, 1991, 1997) All were solid performers with no major issues however two of the three were manual trannys.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #56 on: August 23, 2015, 11:13:30 AM »
Saxman do not despair!  Word has it they are coming out with a factory 900HP version!

You will have plenty of time!  900HP for the street a bit much for me.  Even the SXTs have 300HP V6s'.

The key is the look of the challenger, it's timeless.  When you watch TV, which of the 3 (Camaro, Mustang and Challenger) do you see most?
I see whoever quoted the producers of said programs the most free autos to get their advertisement in.  :aok

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: August 23, 2015, 11:37:13 AM »
I see whoever quoted the producers of said programs the most free autos to get their advertisement in.  :aok

No Rip.....by consensus they are the best looking of the newer American muscle cars.  Producers want eye candy.

Google the awards that the Challenger has won since its' inception in 2008.  More then the Chevy or Ford.

That's a fact Jack!  :aok
- The Flying Circus -

Offline SilverZ06

• Silver Member
« Reply #58 on: August 23, 2015, 12:06:10 PM »
I like the challenger and would have bought one if it weren't so damn heavy. Even my mustang is too heavy for my liking but it is lighter than those pigs. I can't wait to get out the local auto x next month.

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #59 on: August 23, 2015, 04:40:33 PM »
I like the challenger and would have bought one if it weren't so damn heavy. Even my mustang is too heavy for my liking but it is lighter than those pigs. I can't wait to get out the local auto x next month.

SilverZ06.  In reality I like all cars.  I had opportunity to purchase an 89 C4 that was stored in a heated garage during winters.  Needed very little work.  Exterior is
beautiful, interior was rough.  I bought it because my brother liked GM. He is about to retire and he needed imho something like this to enjoy with my sister-in-law.
Only 84K miles, frame and exterior pristine....everything was but the leather which was easily refurbed, replaced injectors and rebuilt the flip up lights.

It's now a beautiful Vette.  Refurbed the interior and it is now my brothers warm weather weekend cruiser.  It's a 6 speed also.  He insisted that he purchase the car from me
even though I gave it to him.  Heck....he's my brother.  He was very insistent.....I caved and sold it to him.  He was bordering on being angry because I purchased it and
just gave it to him.  I would rather he be happy of course.

My blood however runs MOPAR blue and always will.
- The Flying Circus -