Author Topic: Aces Hig works on Windows 10 ?  (Read 4484 times)

Offline ZE

• Copper Member
Aces Hig works on Windows 10 ?
« on: August 22, 2015, 12:22:09 PM »
<S>

Close to upgrade to Windows 10, but have the question if Aces Hig works on Windows 10 ?
Any one had installed already and test it?
Thanks
Felipe

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
Re: Aces Hig works on Windows 10 ?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2015, 12:34:45 PM »
<S>

Close to upgrade to Windows 10, but have the question if Aces Hig works on Windows 10 ?
Any one had installed already and test it?
Thanks
Felipe

It's working very well for me...  :airplane:

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2015, 12:40:34 PM »
both AHII and open alpha work fine.

Needed to tweak some controllers and my microphone but all working. 
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline ZE

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2015, 01:04:30 PM »
Excellent news guys... probably will migrate tonight :salute :salute

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2015, 01:36:00 PM »
Excellent news guys... probably will migrate tonight :salute :salute

Don't do it!!!!!!!   :devil

I can not understand WHY people are rushing in to installing Win10. Is there something special about it? Does it make money fall out of the DVD tray? What is it?

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2015, 02:45:03 PM »
I can not understand WHY people are rushing in to installing Win10. Is there something special about it? Does it make money fall out of the DVD tray? What is it?

It's the aggressive hype and marketing about the novelty. You'd fall off the sled if you don't upgrade. You'd become a relic if you don't upgrade. If you don't upgrade right now, you'll get fired, your wife will leave you, your mother-in-law will move to your house instead, you'll get wrinkles and pimples, your hair will fall off, your car will fail the annual checkup, your computer will be hacked... And did I already mention, it's FREE! And that isn't all! You'll also get a thorough investigation of your surfing habits made. Your data will be regularly checked for safety by the NSA. Your online activity information will be kept a secret between Microsoft and some selected well paying marketing companies. And all of this for the incredible price of FREE! If you're still hesitating, did I already mention it doesn't cost you a cent?  :devil
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline ZE

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2015, 03:53:17 PM »
 :lol  Now you scare me guys... will continue the reviews and my security  :t :devil

Offline Peanut1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2015, 04:01:19 PM »
Don't do it!!!!!!!   :devil

ITs much nicer. easy to use/

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2015, 04:33:53 PM »
:lol  Now you scare me guys... will continue the reviews and my security  :t :devil

Don't let others scare you away from downloading Windows 10.  They're afraid to download it themselves, so they try and scare or put down anyone else who
chooses to install it.

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline Canspec

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2015, 05:14:50 PM »
I use it and no problems with AH. I did have a controller bug after download but managed to fix it and it now seems to work fine.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2015, 05:48:39 PM »
It's the aggressive hype and marketing about the novelty. You'd fall off the sled if you don't upgrade. You'd become a relic if you don't upgrade. If you don't upgrade right now, you'll get fired, your wife will leave you, your mother-in-law will move to your house instead, you'll get wrinkles and pimples, your hair will fall off, your car will fail the annual checkup, your computer will be hacked... And did I already mention, it's FREE! And that isn't all! You'll also get a thorough investigation of your surfing habits made. Your data will be regularly checked for safety by the NSA. Your online activity information will be kept a secret between Microsoft and some selected well paying marketing companies. And all of this for the incredible price of FREE! If you're still hesitating, did I already mention it doesn't cost you a cent?  :devil

hehehe FREE crap is STILL crap!

I'm ok with everyone else testing and working the bugs out. In 8-10 years when they no longer support Win7 they should have it pretty stable. I'll upgrade then.

Offline Snork

• Copper Member
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2015, 05:49:12 PM »
I tried it. I got an unexplained CTD from the main and immediately switched back. The good thing is that the switch back to 7 was painless. . . . .I'll give it a year and maybe try it again. I also upgraded my 6 YO laptop and it seems ok. It's not used for sims and such.
Flying as Noser

Offline JVboob

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2015, 12:33:57 AM »

welfare and foodstamps plus low income houseing seems to be the way to go these days no complaint there. no mother-in-law no worries, wrinkles are signs of experience pimples a sign of youth, OK has no annual checkup on vehicles  :rock The NSA makes me feel safe but they will see me playing AHII and maybe get more subscribers.  plus its free.
"Sighhhhhhhhhh, office closed do to ice for a day, And I miss a thread like this.."HiTech
Armed N Hammered 2002-2003
JG44 Night Hawks/JV44 Butcher Birds 2003-2009
49th Fighter Group fightn' 49ers Feb2012-present
138th FW Tulsa, OK 2009-2015

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2015, 11:51:46 PM »
Well, if you are faced with reinstalling your OS anyway, it is a lot faster to install W10 with 26 updates instead of W7 with 298!

All of that being said: What are you afraid of? Do you think the NSA will call the "Share my data" switch "the Jared switch?"
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline SirNuke

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2015, 01:05:46 PM »
if you don't upgrade, don't be crying afterwards about having to pay a new license...