Author Topic: Aces Hig works on Windows 10 ?  (Read 4467 times)

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Re: Aces Hig works on Windows 10 ?
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2015, 01:09:36 PM »
if you don't upgrade, don't be crying afterwards about having to pay a new license...

A lot can happen between now and 2020 (when W7 supports end).

Personally, I see no reason to upgrade.  All my software works fine and I like the W7 GUI better (well, I do not use the W7 GUI,....mine still looks more like Windows 95).
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2015, 01:25:45 PM »

. . . Personally, I see no reason to upgrade.  . . .

Sooner or latter though, a new computer will be needed and it will come with W10.   Another side of the coin is what percentage of users will go to W10?  The bigger the switch to W10 the less product back fitting to W7 and 8 in hardware and software.

The savoy work by MS to use "Free" followed by  ". . .have to pay for W10 in a year" is powerful stuff.

I really like W7 but the handwriting is on the stall wall.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2015, 01:30:42 PM »
Only OEM computers have that forced OS thing.  I have a couple of W7 OEM discs about the house.

By the time W7 is ending the operating system world may look very different than today.

Even if I was going to change, there is no way I would do it right now.  The things people are discovering about W10 is enough to keep me away from it.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2015, 03:47:35 PM »
free junk is still junk, I'll gladly pay for a stable product with most of the bugs all ready worked out and a fresh load of drivers for all my peripherals a few years down the road. 

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2015, 03:53:42 PM »
free junk is still junk, I'll gladly pay for a stable product with most of the bugs all ready worked out and a fresh load of drivers for all my peripherals a few years down the road.

I am pretty sure I will never install Windows 10 on any of my personal computers.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline redcatcherb412

• Nickel Member
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2015, 07:32:47 AM »
Installed it on a dual core/3gig laptop and de-installed 3 days later.
Win 7 on the same machine is faster loading/shutdown and operation.
Win 10 clobbered the laptop with quite a slowdown.
Ground Pounders ...

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2015, 03:07:14 AM »

I guess you are still running DOS?
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2015, 08:15:24 AM »
I guess you are still running DOS?

Yes, as we all do with a Windows overlay to make things easier.   :rolleyes:

I stuck with XP until it was no longer supported as it was the most stable and bug free version at the time. I switched to Win skipping all the crap versions in between as it is the most stable and bug free version available at this time. I will most likely  stay with this version until it is no longer supported hoping windows gets another version squared away as best as they can.

Is any Windows product perfect? Nope, but win is certainly better than win 10 at this time.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2015, 08:55:45 AM »
With every iteration of Windows, the first releases have always been buggy as can be.  Always.  It takes some time to get them stable.  No doubt Windows 10 will get stable, but its particular feature list is the reason why I will never use it on my personal computers.

In all likelihood, Windows 7 will be the last Microsoft operating system I ever use.  The direction they are taking things is not compatible with my personal definition of what an operating system is.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2015, 07:39:08 PM »
I upgraded on my gaming rig only. Unfortunately I have only been on a few minutes in a gv. However it seemed to work well. Time will tell.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline Yaks

• Zinc Member
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2015, 06:33:59 PM »
Went to Windows 10 a week or so ago, nice system no problems EXCEPT no vox in game , I can hear but not talk. any ideas?

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2015, 06:41:30 PM »
Been using Win 10 for several weeks not with no issues at all.  None, nada, nil, zip.......you get the idea  :)

Everything worked right out of the box.  I guess I must be lucky to have such a sucktard thing work for me when the rest of the world is saying it is so bad.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2015, 08:49:20 AM »
Been using Win 10 for several weeks not with no issues at all.  None, nada, nil, zip.......you get the idea  :)

Everything worked right out of the box.  I guess I must be lucky to have such a sucktard thing work for me when the rest of the world is saying it is so bad.

Just because you have not run into the many documented problems Windows 10 has, does not mean there are no problems.  For example: https://www.yahoo.com/tech/13-windows-10-bugs-microsoft-c1249735918542902.html
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline 1Canukk

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2015, 09:15:41 AM »

:aok  Till Win7 is not compatible , staying put  everything working well why change....

JG11  Sonderstaffel , Geschwader Kommodore

The P51 D was made by the Gods for men to fly. 
 The FW190 D  was made by men, for Gods to fly .

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2015, 10:27:38 AM »
Just because you have not run into the many documented problems Windows 10 has, does not mean there are no problems.  For example: https://www.yahoo.com/tech/13-windows-10-bugs-microsoft-c1249735918542902.html

I could add a few to that list and not reach the end of the problems I've seen.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.