Author Topic: Aces Hig works on Windows 10 ?  (Read 4468 times)

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
Re: Aces Hig works on Windows 10 ?
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2015, 05:05:37 PM »
Just because you have not run into the many documented problems Windows 10 has, does not mean there are no problems.  For example: https://www.yahoo.com/tech/13-windows-10-bugs-microsoft-c1249735918542902.html

Come on Skuzzy - that list is full of mostly cosmetic issues not the base OS.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2015, 06:46:02 PM »
Come on Skuzzy - that list is full of mostly cosmetic issues not the base OS.

You may consider them cosmetic, but that is only a dribbling of problems being reported to Microsoft about Windows 10.  The problems range from lockups to losing data to non-operation hardware devices and so on.

One does not have to look very far to find any number of problems.  There is a reason Microsoft is pushing updates out as fast as it can.

Windows 10 is not stable yet.  Even Microsoft will say that and has said it.  I wish I had time to post all the links to all the problems.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 06:47:41 PM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Peanut1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2015, 10:30:51 PM »
Well... i began to like windows 8! :) Im pretty sure i know of a few buggy programs i use on my pc

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2015, 11:03:56 AM »
  Hey what happened to Windows 9?   :noid
I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2015, 12:19:37 PM »
  Hey what happened to Windows 9?   :noid
The official explanation is that they wanted to avoid confusion with Windows nine-somethings, the 9x versions (95, 98, 98SE, Me)

Word on the street may tell that it's because Apple has a long time had the OS X, which as you know is 10 in Roman.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2015, 09:34:42 AM »
Just another bit of information, more pertinent to those who have decided not to try Windows 10.

A quote from Microsoft:

"For individuals who have chosen to receive automatic updates through Windows Update, we help upgradable devices get ready for Windows 10 by downloading the files they’ll need if they decide to upgrade.

"When the upgrade is ready, the customer will be prompted to install Windows 10 on the device.

So if you have "Automatic Updates" enabled, Microsoft is pushing the Windows 10 installer to your computer, even if you have not opted in for it.  Once they determine your devices are all supported in Windows 10, then you will start getting a prompt about upgrading to Windows 10, each time you boot.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline SirNuke

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2015, 01:15:26 PM »
yes, once you reach the adequate patch level win7 will spam you about upgrading, I'm pretty it can be disabled thos with some tinkering.

For now, except the bug I had just after the upgrade on day 1, the experience has been good. My computer boots a few seconds (no ssd), performance is on par if not better than under win7. I still had to disable a couple of privacy things but I can say windows 10 itself never crashed on me yet, and I appreciate the GUI improvments from win8 mixed with the classic "windows". The GUI is good looking but doesn't hinder the use of the computer.

Granted I'm a bit biased (I'm that guy that ran WinME for a while) and I was really curious about Win10 also for professionnal reasons, but I don't see why I should roll back to Win7.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2015, 01:51:26 PM »
yes, once you reach the adequate patch level win7 will spam you about upgrading, I'm pretty it can be disabled thos with some tinkering.<snip>

No, you are talking about the small update which places an ICON in the tray which allows you to apply for the Windows 10 update.

This is completely different.

Microsoft is downloading the Windows 10 update to ANY computer which has "Automatic Updates" enabled.  That update is about 3.5GB is size.  Once that download is done, they do not install it.  They issue tests against your hardware to make sure it is all supported in Windows 10, then they harass you about updating to Windows 10 each time you boot.

Example:  User A does not want Windows 10 and never installed the update which would prompt him to upgrade to Windows 10, but User A has "Automatic Updates" enabled on his computer.  User A continues to use his computer while Microsoft slips a Windows 10 update onto his computer, without his knowledge. After a few days User A starts getting a boot prompt asking him to update to Windows 10.

I am still trying to find information on how to clean that mess up.  In the meantime, I would strongly suggest anyone who does not want his/her computer to be updated to Windows 10 to disable "Automatic Updates" as soon as you can.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2015, 01:17:33 PM »
Alt + Tab seems iffy when you want to go to desktop. I find holding it down and clicking the desktop button on the far right works.

Windows 10 installed drivers to my integrated sound card and I use soundblaster. So I had to disable that and any related items in device manager.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter