Author Topic: The Strategic Dominance Gaming Theory Book of Aces High  (Read 23689 times)

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
Re: The Strategic Dominance Gaming Theory Book of Aces High
« Reply #285 on: August 31, 2015, 09:59:05 PM »
If I follow your line of thought, you're saying that it's not an individual sport but rather an individual activity, an individual activity that requires the use of balls and a sort of stick?

The balls that are used don't really count.  They have fur on them and you can get hit in the head with it and you don't get killed.  The sticks, well, they aren't really sticks.  They're a fiberglass egg-shaped hole with a large amount of webbing that makes it easy to hit the furry, hollow, spongy yellow ball.

The uniforms...well, gosh.  They're not awesome unless girls only play. 

This ranks just above women's kickball as an activity.  Cheers.
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #286 on: August 31, 2015, 10:01:42 PM »
If that's the case then an SDGT type player could not play tennis as he has no balls and his stick is too small :bolt:

I would defer to Latrobe but I believe no SDGT qualified AC come with a "deploy balls" lever.  I could be wrong

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #287 on: August 31, 2015, 10:02:06 PM »
If that's the case then an SDGT type player could not play tennis as he has no balls and his stick is too small :bolt:

:rofl :rofl

The balls that are used don't really count.  They have fur on them and you can get hit in the head with it and you don't get killed.  The sticks, well, they aren't really sticks.  They're a fiberglass egg-shaped hole with a large amount of webbing that makes it easy to hit the furry, hollow, spongy yellow ball.

:rofl

stop guys you are killin me :rofl

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #288 on: August 31, 2015, 10:07:57 PM »
I would defer to Latrobe but I believe no SDGT qualified AC come with a "deploy balls" lever.  I could be wrong

So there would be no chance that an SDGT player's balls would ever drop?
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #289 on: August 31, 2015, 10:53:39 PM »

Ah, yes, you're the college pitcher. 90 mph? You know Roddick put a serve in the box at 155, right? and nobody uses fiberglass since about 1980. Even a 4.0 can hit 70-80 on a routine forehand -and you've got to run to get it, ball after ball.

I'll give you this: I got beaned a few times in junior high. You could get hurt with one of those damn hard balls. A pitcher's precision can be zen-like, if he's good. I assume you had a good Changeup.
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline Lab Rat 3947

• Silver Member
« Reply #290 on: August 31, 2015, 11:59:27 PM »
So there would be no chance that an SDGT player's balls would ever drop?

don't you have to have them before you can drop them  :headscratch:
LtngRydr
14th FG Grounded

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #291 on: September 01, 2015, 12:40:25 AM »
Ah, yes, you're the college pitcher. 90 mph? You know Roddick put a serve in the box at 155, right? and nobody uses fiberglass since about 1980. Even a 4.0 can hit 70-80 on a routine forehand -and you've got to run to get it, ball after ball.

I'll give you this: I got beaned a few times in junior high. You could get hurt with one of those damn hard balls. A pitcher's precision can be zen-like, if he's good. I assume you had a good Changeup.

hu·mor
ˈ(h)yo͞omər/
noun
noun: humour; noun: humor; noun: cardinal humor; plural noun: cardinal humors

the quality of being amusing or comic, especially as expressed in literature or speech.

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
« Reply #292 on: September 01, 2015, 05:17:17 AM »
Re-Arming should always be used which will show all lowly non SDGT adherents that you of the SDGT exalted has what it takes to kill many many opponents in a single sortie,

I think it is common knowledge that elite SDGT and rearming are bound together inextricably.  You cannot have an elite SDGT without using rearming to redefine what a "sortie" is.

EDIT: In RL WWII were kills from multiple times a plane upped/landed/rearmed/re-upped considered multiple sorties (each time they re-upped) or were all the days kills in this manner considered just one sortie?  Maybe I dont understand what a "sortie" is.  Thanks.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 07:29:03 AM by Slade »
-- Flying as X15 --

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #293 on: September 01, 2015, 08:44:04 AM »

You rather get hit in the back of the head with Roddicks 155 than my 90, that much we know is true.  See?  If it were a sport and not an activity, everyone would know fiberglass went away.  80-90 forehands?  Shortstops throw 85-90 across the diamond to make a play and sometimes they throw flyers...again, the 80-90 mph hollow fur-ball isn't a problem.  Getting hit in the head by a laserbeam the SS throws?  That's a problem.

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #294 on: September 01, 2015, 09:04:47 AM »
You rather get hit in the back of the head with Roddicks 155 than my 90, that much we know is true.  See?  If it were a sport and not an activity, everyone would know fiberglass went away.  80-90 forehands?  Shortstops throw 85-90 across the diamond to make a play and sometimes they throw flyers...again, the 80-90 mph hollow fur-ball isn't a problem.  Getting hit in the head by a laserbeam the SS throws?  That's a problem.

I'd rather get hit by a Tom Brady pass, a Shaq slam dunk, or ANY soccer ball than a Monfils forehand (a mere 120). So, by the standard of fearing the ball, indeed, tennis would take a back seat to baseball, but those others are even lower on the sport/activity totem pole. Where do motor sports (good possibility of injury, but no balls involved) or sports like track and field stuff (no balls, less likelihood of injury) fit in there?

Batters helmets: unfair advantage for the hitter... he shouldn't be stepping in there unless he's hanging it out there?

Hockey: still a sport, because that puck can be a real motherf*&^%$, even though it's not a sphere.

SDGT: the pitcher should wear a kevlar nut protector and a full face guard and aim at every batter's face, since the batter can't take his base if he's in the hospital and even a designated runner will have to step up to the plate or somewhere in range (maybe you  nail him when he takes his lead off) some time or other.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 09:23:45 AM by PJ_Godzilla »
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #295 on: September 01, 2015, 09:20:27 AM »
I've played both tennis and baseball pretty extensively growing up. I was a damn good pitcher myself. Went to Renz baseball academy, went UGA baseball academy, and really perfected the art of mechanics used to pitch, I should have kept playing, but I hated my highschool coach and teammates full of sweetheartry. I've been hit in the face 3 times, one was a curveball, and it hurts like SOB.

I had started to get into tennis a few years earlier. Then I started really getting competitive with it, joining tournaments, going to camps, and playing on the highschool team.

The biggest decision I had to make was tennis or baseball in highschool as they were in the same season.  I had played freshman year baseball and just hated practice and only playing every other game to pitch, so I decided to stick with tennis instead, it was a lot more fun to play, better excersize, and not as strict.

I really should have stuck with baseball because I had no idea how stiff the competition was in Atlanta. It really shocked me on how good some of these kids were, and I considered myself pretty good. It was then I realized just how hard tennis was. I was playing top 50 ranked players in the state who were damn good, but they didn't even compare to the top 50 in the south, and they didnt even compare to the top 50 in the nation, and most of them don't even compare with the top 50 in the world.
It's amazing how good you have to be to make it in tennis, and actually live off your winnings.
There is no coaching during the match, no teammates to help you, and its running back and forth up and down for hours while being mentally tough to make the right shots and win the match.

So while baseball has the hurt aspect of getting hit by pitches, or getting hit with the ball in general, which Fing sucks! Tennis is a much more physical and mentally draining game than baseball is. Being a pitcher has its mental notes and high pressures don't get me wrong. But tennis on the mental level is a whole different ball game.

So you can say what ever you want. But I'll back it up by saying tennis is much harder physically and mentally than baseball as well as more rewarding as you get all the credit being the only teammember. Winning 4 grand slams like serena is about to do, or winning 17 grandslams or more  in mens like federrer has done, pretty much takes way more effort and skills than it does in baseball.

I love both sports respectively. But playing both competively opened my eyes to how physical and mentally draining the sport really is.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 09:24:39 AM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #296 on: September 01, 2015, 09:22:49 AM »
How did we get to the topic of sports? Sports and real life do not matter in SDGT! The only thing that matters in life is your score in a virtual world!  :salute

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #297 on: September 01, 2015, 09:25:08 AM »
Frikkn derailers!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #298 on: September 01, 2015, 09:31:44 AM »
I just added an SGDT addendum above for baseball.

For tennis, I think it'd be more like what Cade Lutz used to share with me. Cade was a former Purdue player with whom I had the pleasure of hitting a few times. He was subject to the burnout that frequently happens. Violator knows (I work for Ford corporate, V - I have no illusions about making it pay, at least for the last few decades). See Nicole Vaidisova for recent high=profile case.

On a changeover, Cade told me, "yeah, this is great - just playing for practice. If this were an NCAA match, I'd be talking under my breath right now about what I did to your mother last night."

You need to get in the opponent's head if you're a real SDGT WINNER!!! and into the whole Totaller Krieg thing. See Nick Kyrgios trash talking Stan Wawrinka's GF for a recent example

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #299 on: September 01, 2015, 09:39:11 AM »
I'd rather get hit by a Tom Brady pass, a Shaq slam dunk, or ANY soccer ball than a Monfils forehand (a mere 120). So, by the standard of fearing the ball, indeed, tennis would take a back seat to baseball, but those others are even lower on the sport/activity totem pole. Where do motor sports (good possibility of injury, but no balls involved) or sports like track and field stuff (no balls, less likelihood of injury) fit in there?

Batters helmets: unfair advantage for the hitter... he shouldn't be stepping in there unless he's hanging it out there?

Hockey: still a sport, because that puck can be a real motherf*&^%$, even though it's not a sphere.

SDGT: the pitcher should wear a kevlar nut protector and a full face guard and aim at every batter's face, since the batter can't take his base if he's in the hospital and even a designated runner will have to step up to the plate or somewhere in range (maybe you  nail him when he takes his lead off) some time or other.
It's not about injury.  It's about overcoming fear of physical injury lol.  Once you've stood in the box and watched someone throw 90+ inside knowing their control is so-so, or a 6-4, 235 linebacker bearing down on you, or a puck shot at 114 mph and its frozen-hard, you know you're in a sport.  Those are a few examples, lol.

Full grown men driving around in a circle is not a sport.  They don't even have to master the art of turning right for crying out loud.  Bass fishing?  Not a sport.  Soccer?  Not a sport but does qualify as a tribal activity which is one notch above activity. Skydiving?  Sport.  Curling?  Not even an activity.  Bowling?  No.  Cricket? Not a sport.  Reason:  the activity can last months before an outcome can be achieved.  Anytime a player can die of old age before his activity reaches its natural conclusion?  Not a sport.  Wrestling?  Sport.  Basketball? Ready to be a sport.  Anytime an 18 can go directly to an activity's highest level the activity is suspect.

Anymore questions please PM me and I'll help you