Author Topic: Starting Saturday August 29th!  (Read 538 times)

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Starting Saturday August 29th!
« on: August 25, 2015, 08:34:05 PM »
We in the Aces High CM corps are proud to announce we're taking Combat Challenge global!  As of this month we will be doubling the number of Combat Challenges every year and extending time frames we run the event to European friendly times.  For the remainder of this year we will be running a European Combat Challange with a separate leaderboard from the main Combat Challenge.  The 2016 season of Combat Challenge will feature a merged leaderboard, all points gained in Euro Combat Challenges will score on the same leaderboard as the US timed event.  In 2016, the winner of Combat Challenge will truly be able to call himself world champion.

Please join us!
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline RSLQK186

• Silver Member
Re: Starting Saturday August 29th!
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2015, 02:39:05 PM »
Please,add the when and where. I do not know how many use the calendar, but a posting there would be nice.
Hacksaw- THE UNFORGIVEN
Founder- Special events contingent
"I'm very very sneaky"

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2015, 09:02:06 AM »
We're kicking off at 3pm EST, 8pm UK, 9pm CET today.   Setup is exactly the same as last night, however points won't count in the championship.  They will next season though.

Offline RSLQK186

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2015, 12:49:15 PM »
Please update info in Special Events Announcements forum. It differs greatly from times stated here and did not add up correctly according to my world clock. But then again, it wouldn't be the first time my iPad led me down the wrong road.
Hacksaw- THE UNFORGIVEN
"I'm very very sneaky"

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2015, 01:22:25 PM »
Doh. Yeah you're right.  Going with the previously posted by Nef times, must have gotten my wires crossed somewhere.

Offline RSLQK186

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2015, 01:35:03 PM »
What is BST? If it includes London then my world clock is wrong. Shows 5 hour difference from New York EST and Neff's times show a 4 hour difference. I would think that the Euro time is correct in either case. Just want to make sure I am on time from east coast USA.
Hacksaw- THE UNFORGIVEN
"I'm very very sneaky"

Offline RSLQK186

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2015, 02:46:19 PM »
Wikipedia has it as Bangladeshi Standard Time. Now I am really confused.
Hacksaw- THE UNFORGIVEN
"I'm very very sneaky"

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2015, 03:19:59 PM »
BST is British Summer Time.

Offline RSLQK186

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2015, 03:48:04 PM »
So we are both currently in +1 offset and 5 hours apart. I will try 5PM eastern U.S. And find something to do for an hour if I am wrong.
Hacksaw- THE UNFORGIVEN
"I'm very very sneaky"

Offline artik

• Silver Member
      • Blog
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2015, 07:59:36 AM »
I must admit I was heavily grounded by baby ack... I even managed to get online for 5 seconds and was vouched right back again even before got into hangar.

However I can tell that it wasn't obvious that the event would even run... Can you provide some better publicity especially for new events.

Thanks.
Artik, 101 "Red" Squadron, Israel