Author Topic: Fix that exploit plz  (Read 2530 times)

Offline Lucifer

• Probation 9/1/2017
  • Nickel Member
Fix that exploit plz
« on: August 27, 2015, 09:31:16 AM »
Atm, we can be shot down in a b25 attacking ground vehicles by a T34's main gun(or any tank), due to the wrong speed/ground scale (ingame ,compared to ground, planes speed is wrongly represented, and is way too slow compared to real scale), which means planes fly "so slow" (ingame speed scale) that Tanks got time to aim planes flying around with their turret...and shoot them down :bhead

It's so ridiculous, so out-of-realism and ennoying, plz inflight planes must be set immune to Tanks main gun shells to fix that exploit.
In wwii, no tank ever shot a flying plane around with its main gun... :salute

Hope AH3 will have this fixed.

" Army Of Wolves "

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
Re: Fix that exploit plz
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2015, 09:53:21 AM »
Your attacking angle is wrong, not the game.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2015, 10:08:55 AM »
In wwii, no tank ever shot a flying plane around with its main gun...

Not according to Otto Carius.  ;)
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2015, 10:35:05 AM »
Atm, we can be shot down in a b25 attacking ground vehicles by a T34's main gun(or any tank), due to the wrong speed/ground scale (ingame ,compared to ground, planes speed is wrongly represented, and is way too slow compared to real scale), which means planes fly "so slow" (ingame speed scale) that Tanks got time to aim planes flying around with their turret...and shoot them down :bhead

It's so ridiculous, so out-of-realism and ennoying, plz inflight planes must be set immune to Tanks main gun shells to fix that exploit.

Sigh,

All speeds are what they show they are. There is no "In game speed scale".

The concept of speed is distance / time. For in game purpose the only real way to measurable distance is the size of planes and other vehicles. So if you really wish to measure speed start with the size of a known vehicle. Then measure the time it takes to travel the length of said vehicle.

You will find if you do these test that all speeds are what they say they are on any speedometer in game.

HiTech

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2015, 10:49:21 AM »
The only apparent scale distortion in Aces High is the size of objects on your monitor when you set your field of view to be wider than you see in a window the same size and distance from you as your monitor. This wider view is useful to see enough of your surroundings in an aircraft but as a tank driver you can "zoom in" the wide angle FOV until the view matches reality and everything will then appear to scale. 

Walking across an airfield in AH helps to give a sense of it's size.

Offline Lucifer

• Probation 9/1/2017
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2015, 11:52:19 AM »
Ingame, planes are flying way slower than in reality (scale speed/ground) : why do u think ppl can aim at planes and shoot them with tanks main gun when in WWII it happened one time / 1 billion ?

Dont tell me that when i fly 600kmh, the ground passing under me reflects 600kmh, cose thats obviously wrong.

Sigh,

All speeds are what they show they are. There is no "In game speed scale".

The concept of speed is distance / time. For in game purpose the only real way to measurable distance is the size of planes and other vehicles. So if you really wish to measure speed start with the size of a known vehicle. Then measure the time it takes to travel the length of said vehicle.

You will find if you do these test that all speeds are what they say they are on any speedometer in game.

HiTech

" Army Of Wolves "

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2015, 11:58:28 AM »
Ingame, planes are flying way slower than in reality (scale speed/ground) : why do u think ppl can aim at planes and shoot them with tanks main gun when in WWII it happened one time / 1 billion ?

Dont tell me that when i fly 600kmh, the ground passing under me reflects 600kmh, cose thats obviously wrong.

Too late for that. He already told you.

As I explained, it's the field of view you set in video properties that tricks you into seeing the ground as smaller, closer and slower.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2015, 12:29:49 PM »

It is not an exploit or a bug or anything else wrong with the game  nor is it "out-of-realism".  The problem is that you flew straight at a tank at an angle that allowed the main gun to track and fire on you.

There are recorded instances of tanks during WW2 firing on and shooting down planes.  In Otto Carius' book,Tigers in the Mud, he writes about how he guided his gunner in shooting down an IL2 with their Tiger's main gun during a battle.  In Hans Rudel's book, Stuka Ace, he briefly mentions how his wingman was most likely shot down by a T-34s main gun when he got too low and flew into the gun's range of fire.  Dmitriy Loza, in an interview (its also mentioned in his book, Commanding the Red Army's Sherman tanks; the World War II memoirs of hero of the Soviet Union), talks about using their main gun on their long-barreled (76mm) Shermans to fire at attacking German planes.

The Sherman had an antiaircraft machine gun Browning M2 .50 caliber. Did you use it often?

I don't know why, but one shipment of tanks arrived with machine guns, and another without them. We used this machine gun against both aircraft and ground targets. We used it less frequently against air targets because the Germans were not fools. They bombed either from altitude or from a steep dive. The machine gun was good to 400-600 meters in the vertical. The Germans would drop their bombs from say, 800 meters or higher. He dropped his bomb and departed quickly. Try to shoot the bastard down! So yes, we used it, but it was not very effective. We even used our main gun against aircraft. We placed the tank on the upslope of a hill and fired. But our general impression of the machine gun was good. These machine guns were of great use to us in the war with Japan, against kamikazes. We fired them so much that they got red hot and began to cook off. To this day I have a piece of shrapnel in my head from an antiaircraft machine gun

ack-ack

"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2015, 12:34:38 PM »
You also have to realize that players in the game get to try over and over and practice the shot until they get good at it. In real life, the tank crews get one or two attempts before they are dead.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2015, 12:45:06 PM »
Ingame, planes are flying way slower than in reality (scale speed/ground)

Show us.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2015, 12:46:27 PM »
Look at it this way Lucifer: a tank might main gun you if you give it a shot but you can be back above said tank, armed with 2 1000lb bombs in just a couple minutes. That seems a lot less realistic to me than the frankly humorous skeet shooting outrage that goes on.
Pies not kicks.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2015, 01:29:05 PM »

I have told you so, and I also have  given you a method to prove me wrong. I'll will even give you a exact method.

Fly low over a small  airfield film  the flight , you can then use the film viewer to show you the exact ground speed you were doing, it has a clock so you can accurately time how long you are over the runway.The small air field runway is 7317.064314 feet long.

It really is simple to verify or disprove me.

Or simpler yet, you can just accept my word for it. Your choice.

HiTech

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2015, 01:37:26 PM »
Compare these videos.   Me 262 speed is 700 - 800kph.  Watch together for best comparison.  :D

Here's one with the pilot giving speed and g.

« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 03:06:34 PM by FLS »

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2015, 02:05:20 PM »
Why six places to the right of the decimal?
Pies not kicks.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2015, 02:07:00 PM »
Why six places to the right of the decimal?

I thought 7 would be a little over kill.

HiTech