Author Topic: Destroyer takes short cut across land  (Read 413 times)

Offline Smoke44

• Zinc Member
Destroyer takes short cut across land
« on: August 30, 2015, 03:28:06 PM »
Don’t know if these have been reported yet, but here goes.

It is possible to send a TG in close enough to land, that the outboard destroyer(s) will take a short cut straight across the land mass. You don’t get a warning of “Segment touches land” when setting up the “Patrol” points.

Land hoooo:

The ultimate GV, even trees won’t stop these babies……….

Just waiting for the hapless tanker to wander by:

Also, concerning the TG, when selecting a gun on a particular destroyer, you don’t seem to end up on the destroyer you selected in reference to the Hanger selection graphic.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 05:55:11 PM by Smoke44 »

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
Re: Destroyer takes short cut across land
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2015, 03:37:37 PM »
Lol  I can't get a cv group anywhere near land without getting the segment touches land warning
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline Smoke44

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2015, 05:53:26 PM »
Normally the case for me.   :bhead

This seemed to be near one of the tips of the land mass that sticks out. Easily duplicated and just out a smidgen from the last attempt that gives the "Touch Land" warning. When viewing on the clip board, the segment path is across water, just off the beach.

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2015, 06:43:06 PM »
Lol  I can't get a cv group anywhere near land without getting the segment touches land warning

Because you use Rook fleets  :devil

Will see if I have time to check gun positions to help sort this out also.  Good snag there smoke.  I am sure the dry dock workers wish it were that easy to drive on shore .

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2015, 02:02:05 PM »
Hangar / Gun selection:  I spawned on appropriate locations in guns in all tested so far EXCEPT 40 mm guns on Cruiser was reversed sides (left instead of right).

I didn't see any change in destroyer location, however I did note some confusion as fleet was turning and ships seemed to have altered paths.  Maybe this, or I maybe I did not select the exact location noted before (tested forward destroyer, located left side; tested Carrier; tested Cruiser, located forward right side).

BTW, LOLz on the beach cruiser!!   Someone grab my beach blanket!!!
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 02:03:47 PM by Chilli »

Offline Smoke44

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2015, 07:13:38 PM »
Thx Chilli, me thinks you are right about the TG turning bit. But even if you set out a long segment and wait a while, it doesn’t straighten itself out.

Take a look at a TG that has the cruiser out of position in reference to the CV according to the hanger graphic.

As example, when the cruiser is as shown in this pic, or some other rearward position, the DT you select a gun on, is not the ship position you thought it would be on, according to the hanger graphic. But in actuality, the cruiser is out front, just not depicted as such in the hanger graphic.

For example select a gun on the DT upper left, and you actually end up on the DT further back. It seems the hanger graphic is not updated to the individual ship positions. In some cases you might select the upper left and end up on the upper right, etc.

Once the cruiser is back in the lead in the hanger graphic, however that might happen in the hanger graphic, all is well. Maybe a map reset?

My offline version is just fine, that is the cruiser is out front and destroyer selection is correct, but I haven’t done much offline as far as maneuvering the TG’s.

I think CV 13 was the only one I saw that seemed ok online, cruiser out front and all is well.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2015, 07:22:02 PM »
AT LAST!

We have our LST's!
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2015, 09:03:35 AM »
Smoke,

I totally believe you man.  In fact, when I tested, I believe it WAS TG 13.  Do not quote me on this, but this gun switch phenomenon, may also be present in the current AH2 version.

I imagine this would be a low priority fix, and hopefully a quick / easy fix (ie.. 40 mm cruiser guns left and right = crossed).

But when it is tackled.......  (shamefully whispers the not to be mentioned during alpha "tracer" wishlist item.....  :noid  )  would bring "rounds" of applause, if the gunner position showed color highlighted tracers for the gun being fired........ no one else would need to see the different color / highlight  :uhoh

Now, before I get admonished too severely for doing what I knew was an unintentional "dog pile on da wabbit" request, I would like to clearly state, alpha has blown my mind from day1, and please continue to do the marvelous things that you all are doing at HTC, and simply view my compulsive input as anecdotal.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2015, 09:23:44 AM »
Thx Chilli, me thinks you are right about the TG turning bit. But even if you set out a long segment and wait a while, it doesn’t straighten itself out.

Take a look at a TG that has the cruiser out of position in reference to the CV according to the hanger graphic.

As example, when the cruiser is as shown in this pic, or some other rearward position, the DT you select a gun on, is not the ship position you thought it would be on, according to the hanger graphic. But in actuality, the cruiser is out front, just not depicted as such in the hanger graphic.
(Image removed from quote.)

For example select a gun on the DT upper left, and you actually end up on the DT further back. It seems the hanger graphic is not updated to the individual ship positions. In some cases you might select the upper left and end up on the upper right, etc.
(Image removed from quote.)

Once the cruiser is back in the lead in the hanger graphic, however that might happen in the hanger graphic, all is well. Maybe a map reset?

My offline version is just fine, that is the cruiser is out front and destroyer selection is correct, but I haven’t done much offline as far as maneuvering the TG’s.

I think CV 13 was the only one I saw that seemed ok online, cruiser out front and all is well.

What field is this?

HiTech

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2015, 10:33:09 AM »
Capture the flag TG 13.  I did a quick check and also get the trailing left destroyer's front 5 in position when I select the forward right destroyer's front 5 in position. 

I filmed the 40 mm swap position and also noted that I was unable to change the path of the fleet.  As smoke pointed out in his screen captures, the hangar shows the fleet cruiser to be in trail, even though it is in lead.  Film attached.

Offline Smoke44

• Zinc Member
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2015, 01:01:22 PM »
What field is this?

HiTech

If you are asking which TG it was, I saw problems with all, but TG 13 yesterday.

Today at 10:30am Pacific time, only TG 31 and TG 13 seem to have the problem. The Cruiser is not out front of the CV on the Hanger Graphic, although it actually is. When that happens, you don't mount a gun on the destroyer you selected from the Hanger graphic, but end up on some other one in the fleet.

I don't recall the country layout yesterday so I don't know if there was a map reset overnight, or even if that would clear the problem. But something happened during the time yesterday and now, to straighten out 4 of 6 TG Hanger Graphics.

The first screen shot in this thread shows the country layout according to the clipboard when I first noticed the problem. That was when I was playing around with TG 20 off the shore of A8.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 01:03:05 PM by Smoke44 »