Author Topic: Hitech misunderstanding..  (Read 1679 times)

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Hitech misunderstanding..
« on: September 04, 2015, 03:22:06 PM »
you took me saying it was archaic as an insult?

all that means.... it is old...an old viewing system....

not an insult in anyway...

I certainly did not mean it in a bad way...or even close to being insulting.

You took that entirely wrong.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Re: Hitech misunderstanding..
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2015, 03:26:52 PM »
Your notion of what is a misunderstanding is  archaic.

Even after reading your explanation I still take it as an insult.

HiTech

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2015, 03:47:28 PM »
Your notion of what is a misunderstanding is  archaic.

Even after reading your explanation I still take it as an insult.

HiTech

I cant help that you took what I said as an insult....that is on you not me...that is from your own thoughts NOT mine....

I used the word Archaic as a way of saying it is an Old/ out of date......viewing system...

I am saying to YOU.... Dale...that I did not and was NOT insulting you or your game in any way....that is my WORD of Honor!!!!

I will go so far as to say I am sorry you took it that way....

all I was saying is a viewing system that allows the main point of view to be focused on the plane in the hanger...so when we zoom in... the plane is the main focal point...and then being able to rotate around the plane getting a much better view of plane.

that is all I was asking for.....

I friggen enjoy AH and have for 10 plus years....to think that you feel I was insulting you boggles my mind....

hell man there has been only one change to AH... that I don't personally like....

once again I will say I apologize you took what I said as an insult...it certainly wasn't meant that way.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2015, 04:19:20 PM »
First I do not in any way believe the view system in the hanger is in any way old and out dated.

It's purpose is not to view the airplane, it's purpose is to show you what plane you selected, and be able to select items in the hanger.

I understand your wish to be able to view the planes. And that could be added with out any change to the very CURRENT view system who's PRIMARY purpose is to select ordinance, fuel, set convergences and select gun positions. And NOT to view the planes from every angle.

But you fail to understand in your request for a change you said that the current system is OLD should be change because there are newer and much better viewing system  and hence used the word  word archaic. You used this phrase  to try give a reason for your request. There are not any methods that I have ever heard of that is "A newer view system" that would justify the word archaic.

Instead of simply asking could a way be found to view the plane in the hangar that centers on the plane.

HiTech

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2015, 04:34:38 PM »
First I do not in any way believe the view system in the hanger is in any way old and out dated.

It's purpose is not to view the airplane, it's purpose is to show you what plane you selected, and be able to select items in the hanger.

I understand your wish to be able to view the planes. And that could be added with out any change to the very CURRENT view system who's PRIMARY purpose is to select ordinance, fuel, set convergences and select gun positions. And NOT to view the planes from every angle.

But you fail to understand in your request for a change you said that the current system is OLD should be change because there are newer and much better viewing system  and hence used the word  word archaic. You used this phrase  to try give a reason for your request. There are not any methods that I have ever heard of that is "A newer view system" that would justify the word archaic.

Instead of simply asking could a way be found to view the plane in the hangar that centers on the plane.

HiTech

thanx for the reply...

I am not very eloquent...and try to get the point across with as minimum words as possible....

I do accept your explanation of the viewing system in hanger.....it works as you want it to. :aok

yes I would like a way to view The plane in the hanger where the view is centered on the plane...while giving us the ability to zoom in and out to view the plane and the details....

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2015, 11:48:11 PM »
I can vouch for Ink, he's practically illiterate.   :D

I'm sure he just meant to request a change and got carried away being persuasive.    :aok

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2015, 12:05:51 AM »
For what it's worth, I learned a new word... archaic
Never heard it before...  Then again, I don't get out much.

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2015, 04:08:55 AM »
Sounds like Hitech got butt hurt over nothing.

But it is his sandbox so we have to roll in it

Offline MADe

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2015, 09:59:25 AM »
AH is HiTech's baby. AH is pushing a new build and he and team are maybe on edge, working too many hours, pushing hard on a goal. its getting close and peeps are wanting changes already. this is like building things, which I do, at some point you get focused, things are coming together, you are dialed in................boom, dam pebble stubbed my toe................

I'm guilty as well of asking for chit, or wishing for watermelon out loud. this water is already under the bridge and down stream.........let it die........
ASROCK X99 Taichi, INTEL i7 6850@4.5GHz, GIGABYTE GTX 1070G1, Kingston HyperX 3000MHz DDR4, OCZ 256GB RD400, Seasonic 750W PSU, SONY BRAVIA 48W600B, Windows 10 Pro /64

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2015, 10:07:41 AM »
Sounds like Hitech got butt hurt over nothing.

But it is his sandbox so we have to roll in it

Apparently you also don't know the common usage of archaic. The careless insult was there, I don't believe Ink intended it.

No need to stir the pot.

Offline Ratsy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2015, 12:09:47 PM »
Still...

I think rotating aircraft in the hanger to look at all aspects of a skin has great 'cool points'.

It's a nice to have and peripherally enhances the environment of the hanger.

Let's not lose this and when we get to cool points after the primary work is complete, I hope it is up near the top of the list - right after any planned enhancements to the aircraft and cockpits.

It's all good.

:salute
George "Ratsy" Preddy
328th FS - 352nd FG
Died December 25th, 1944, Near Liege - Ardennes

Operating with the Arabian Knights - callsign AKRaider

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2015, 12:44:08 PM »
The wishlist forum is a good place for suggested improvements to Aces High.   
For example, the ability to admire the various skins from all angles.   :D

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2015, 01:07:35 PM »
I can vouch for Ink, he's practically illiterate.   :D

I'm sure he just meant to request a change and got carried away being persuasive.    :aok

:rofl :rofl :aok

Offline Ratsy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2015, 01:40:31 PM »
The wishlist forum is a good place for suggested improvements to Aces High.   
For example, the ability to admire the various skins from all angles.   :D

On second thought, if my wife read this she might not understand.   ;)

:salute
George "Ratsy" Preddy
328th FS - 352nd FG
Died December 25th, 1944, Near Liege - Ardennes

Operating with the Arabian Knights - callsign AKRaider

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2015, 05:36:48 PM »
Apparently you also don't know the common usage of archaic. The careless insult was there, I don't believe Ink intended it.

No need to stir the pot.

Where in my comment is it apparent that I don't know the common usage of the word archaic?  Stirring the pot I may have been but jumping to unfounded conclusions I was not.