Author Topic: Slow mouse and other stuff  (Read 210 times)

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
Slow mouse and other stuff
« on: September 05, 2015, 09:05:30 AM »
  I just started with the Alpha, to see how it looks on my system. 

The is a slight lag on the mouse.  It is not sharp, and kind of drifts.

Flying P-38L.  The plane does not seem as stable, and is a little harder to aim (and I have enough problems with aim as it is).  Is this a change in flight model, or my system lagging?

The shadows on the ground under the trees are dancing.
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: Slow mouse and other stuff
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2015, 09:55:11 AM »
The flight model is the same.

Try changing some graphic options. Set Environment Map to 0 and turn off post lighting.

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2015, 07:26:42 PM »
FLS,

Mongoose could be mouse flying, and YES, this is an entirely new flight control system for the mouse.  Choose F3 external view mode to see what I am saying.  Dale does allow you to toggle back into the old control input method, but as the F3 view shows some things definitely have changed.  I definitely will not say flight model, because that refers to the physics and handling of each aircraft.

Does that help?   Oh, and there are a few different modes, settings and button configurations that can help you fine tune your experience, and not to mention the default field of view has changed.

It may take a bit of trial and error, but it is better for alpha testing to report these "out of the box" experiences before manually adjusting.

If you are not mouse flying and referring only to some sort of system problems, you should include your dxdiag for the staff or even other testers to look and see if there are any obvious answers to your experience.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 07:31:53 PM by Chilli »

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2015, 02:50:50 PM »
 I am not mouse flying. I tried that but I couldn't get a saddle that fit properly.   :x

I wanted to see if my experience with normal before I cluttered up the board with more diagnostic stuff. I'll play around with it a little more and then we'll see.  Thanks for the feedback.
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2015, 02:59:33 PM »
In the tower or in flight if your FPS is in the 20's or below, your mouse may be slow or laggy for clip board type activities. This is not the release code. It is the make your PC unhappy to find bugs and issues code.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.