Author Topic: Patch 75  (Read 4118 times)

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
Re: Patch 75
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2015, 03:30:09 AM »
Hi ,
went on a B17 raid to the heart of the Ruhr..

never went through clouds but they where about

have to say when the enemy fighters turned up..it all got a bit warpy..i killed 3 but that was more luck then anything..the fighters looked stationary and then warpy..maybe its early days..

then game crashed 10 to 15mins into mission..

frame rate, as in pics..half my usual 60...eveything was turned up to max though so no complaints.
never flew through clouds only close to..online.

P38 over channel..lovely clouds, flew all over / through..great 60 fr..

only thing I noticed when in clouds, and it may be a trackerir thing but each cloud tile seemed to rotate, kalidascopicly almost,
moving the head to side to side and they rotate..looks a bit odd..

any way. hope some of this helps

<<S>> good show old beans
carry on, what  :salute

:cheers:
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline JMD413

• Zinc Member
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2015, 10:33:38 AM »
Clouds look great!  Flew yesterday and maintained about 60 FPS even with the clouds and many planes in the sky.  There were only about 4 people on so most of the planes were AI.  Also had some fun in a 262.  Older card here, GTX 660 Ti 2GB.

Coming along nicely, keep up the great work!   :aok
Venom

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2015, 11:06:47 AM »
The film viewer crashes with films from this patch. Older films play.

Joined mission in progress, was able to keep flying after mission ended. Pulled to tower for start of next mission.
Next mission got dumped before I found the bombers.

Flying through clouds in P-38 FPS 50-75, mostly around 60. Default settings, no EM.

Saw the sun glare and cloud shadows on the ocean.  :aok

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2015, 12:14:06 PM »
This may have been mentioned already, but when transitioning from Level Auto Pilot to Climb Auto Pilot, the P&ID takes for ever to settle down. It seems you porpoise for ever. :joystick:

I was flying a TA152.
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2015, 12:59:31 PM »
Flying through the crowd hit my FPS by about 15 on average as much as 20 in some views. 

The mission pretty much killed it with the amount of aircraft so hard to say how much the cloud was effecting it will have to run it again when baby ack settles down.
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2015, 02:48:31 PM »
About the same slide show against 60 bombers packed together as in AH2 with that many. I do better with 20-30 spread out a little.

At the moment just too many disco from udp\tcp going on. Hitech says he thinks its a bug and is working on it in the Euro arena.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Waffle,

With post lighting enabled, the ceiling lamp just in front of the screen in the briefing room whites out the white briefing text.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2015, 04:32:21 PM »
At the moment just too many disco from udp\tcp going on. Hitech says he thinks its a bug and is working on it in the Euro arena.

I believe this should be fixed.

HiTech

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2015, 04:35:37 PM »
During the briefing, the top of the projector screen is washed out, like the projector light is reflecting off it.  Cannot read the top half of the briefing notes.  This started with this patch.

Offline Ratsy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2015, 04:49:44 PM »
Next mission got dumped before I found the bombers.

I was in a B17 during this mission.  I shot down a G14.  I was back in the scope about 15 second before bomb drop and also experienced this (mission) crash.

Impressions:
1.  The clouds from the bomb sight/bomb-aimer position were blindingly bright.
2.  The AI aircraft were lurching quite a bit.  The G14, on the other hand, was flying formation with my drones in the high 5 o'clock position.
3.  Overall the mission was stunning until the crash.
4.  Frame rate was a mostly constant 65.

:salute
George "Ratsy" Preddy
328th FS - 352nd FG
Died December 25th, 1944, Near Liege - Ardennes

Operating with the Arabian Knights - callsign AKRaider

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2015, 08:24:56 PM »
capture the flag arena. 6k base in se corner of map ne of hq. the steep slope off the mountain by the field melts like a acid trip (ive seen movies  ;) ). looks like the terrain is altering but the objects/trees are not.  shadows randomly scatter about 1024, like a constant twitch. see film.

mission. joined with about 15 to go. was sent to b-17 as bombs were being dropped. 59 fpm in tail gun looking at nothing, looking at target down to 26.  the buildings at target have a black flashing scattered about on them.  bombers dropped on one area, looked cool but not smart.

cm eye mode. 59 fpm out of clouds a little drop above them. about low thirtys in them, with a low of 26. looks nice.

:salute

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2015, 04:34:30 AM »
I built a test weather file using the cloud editor. This has ten cloud banks in close proximity at 10K altitude, each bank with a different cloud type, plus an overcast layer at 15K. The idea being to run the file in the alpha and take screenshots of each of the cloud types.

When I did this I noticed an issue with the clouds in the game. They look fine while I am below the overcast layer but as soon as I climb above it all of the cloud banks vanish. I can still see their shadows on the ground, but I have to drop below the overcast to see the clouds themselves.

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2015, 11:23:43 AM »
Crashing (jpg included) 8876-086c

You'll probably tell me my Cat driver is out of date.

The crash occurs when you go to quit or alternately re-enter the game, so two different manifestations for the same bug. By the time I wrote this one up, I'd forgotten how to reproduce the second version where I could manage to exit the game, but it crashed on relaunch the next time.

Fresh boot into Win7 64
Launch Alpha into Offline
(then all from the Tower)
Go into Graphics Detail
Toggle any of the Check Boxes except Disable Shadows (turning them OFF) and see the same error message occur in a pair at a time.
When toggling Shadows back ON, the error message occurs the same as toggling any other check boxes.

When moving any of the sliders, a screen full of the error message appears.

When you back out and click Quit, the program hangs until you Ctrl Alt Del, and then it will quit to the desktop with the Task Manager up.
At this point, you can relaunch the game okay.

I've forgotten the way I found around the lockup, but then the alpha would crash the next time I launched.

Edit: Oh, and that's ndisles

Also, in the Additional Information: you might think about a note in the Alpha patch announcements that once you create a cmepos.txt file, CMEye will throw you to that location until you delete or replace the file. That's handy information to have.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 02:01:52 PM by Easyscor »
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline MADe

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2015, 01:01:17 PM »
tried for a cloud test today.

immediate loss of udp and tcp seemed not to take hand off. Screen did not fully load upon multiple tries, loss of udp every time.
approx. 1:15pm est
fov 115
text 2048
all defaults enabled
enviro map update none.
all NVidia profile options either disabled, performance or use 3d app settings selected

I was able to fly a b17 mission briefly, load the euro map as well as all other maps, yesterday, 25fps with b17's. no clouds AI drones seem jittery, looks they are waiting location adjustments from server. no graphics anomalies. 1GB ave vram used.
ASROCK X99 Taichi, INTEL i7 6850@4.5GHz, GIGABYTE GTX 1070G1, Kingston HyperX 3000MHz DDR4, OCZ 256GB RD400, Seasonic 750W PSU, SONY BRAVIA 48W600B, Windows 10 Pro /64

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2015, 04:10:52 PM »
I took the lead Me262 aircraft in the B17 mission and the system message was "FLS is now your wingman".

When I look at cloud shadows on the ground I keep seeing them as forest first then shadows.

No disco's since the first one.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2015, 04:25:33 PM »
When I look at cloud shadows on the ground I keep seeing them as forest first then shadows.

Do you mean that the cloud shadow looks like a forest to you?

HiTech