Author Topic: Patch 75  (Read 4235 times)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Re: Patch 75
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2015, 05:44:19 PM »
Testing differences between 1024 and 2048 with my card in the Euro Mission.

HD6770
GDDR5 1G
128bit
BW 80Gbyte sec. OC'd to 85
Shaders 800

1024 gave the best FPS results in general. 2048 kept having screen freezes and stutters until I reduced BW to 82Gbyte sec. GPU and Memory clocks were too high, but, 1024 didn't have those issues. I'll leave the BW at 82. In 2048 mode I never ran out of video memory of the 1010M detected by the game.

2048 gave me great local eyecandy but, dropped my FPS into the 20's when my G14 gaggle got within 7000yds of 20 loosely packed B17. 1024 mode my FPS stayed in the 30's under the same conditions but, diving into the larger closely packed B17 groups 40 or more, a slide show. 1024 mode as a gunner inside the same huge B17 pack my FPS 17-40's depending on what I looked at.

Both 1024 and 2048 had a similar issue. If I was within 7-8k of a large group of parachutes and their icons, looking down at them with the ground behind them. All clutter turned off, my FPS dropped to 7 and would lock the screen at 2.

Oh can you put gondolas on the G14 since they are being used as bomber interceptors. B17's are tough.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2015, 06:37:37 PM »
Do you mean that the cloud shadow looks like a forest to you?

HiTech

Yes.  It's only from higher altitudes, at lower levels it only looks like shadows. Part of it is the rectangular outline, the rest may just be a reminder of terrains that combined color with tree models. 

Offline Pudgie

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2015, 08:16:03 PM »
D'ld Patch 75 a couple of nights back & installed w/o a hitch.

Went in Alpha this evening & joined a B17 mission..........1st time EVER at the helm of 1 of these!
Had a very hard time trying to stay in formation so I slowly fell out of my slot & drifted behind but the saving grace for me was that I wasn't the worst B17 pilot....musta impressed\confounded the Luftwaffe as when they attacked the formation somehow thru all that I was never hit..............not 1 time!  :D
The only bomber stuff I could guess was the key to open the bomb doors so I could drop my bombs.....don't have a clue of what I was releasing them on or I was aiming at as I didn't know how to bring up the bomb sight but they sounded cool as they dropped...........I know, soo rookie of me............. :x  I eventually bailed out as by then the main formation was so far out in front I wasn't EVEN going to catch up....................

Clouds looked good as I flew thru them w/ FPS holding in the 35-46 range w/ the bomber formation filling the windscreen w/o 1 stutter occurring thruout the duration of my flight time. Once we flew out of the clouds as long as I was viewing the formation thru the front windshield the FPS stayed between 42-47, but if I looked anywhere else except thru the forward views (10 thru 2) the FPS went back up to the more normal 59-60 w/ FPS swings down to 50-55 when at 10 o'clock or 2 o'clock positions (would get part of the main formation in the viewing area thus the FPS slowdowns). Here is a snippet of my box's Fury X vitals while flying thru this mission:

This is w/ Cat 15.7.1 WHQL drivers only (no CCC...deleted it & have no profile for Alpha set up in Radeon Pro) in default settings w/ all Alpha slider settings set full right, EM slider set @ 2, all graphics features checkboxes unchecked except "disable other plane's skins" & "disable ground clutter when in flight" & all checkboxes checked in left flip up panel.

Now I did think that the lighting reflections effects were kinda high when looking out of my left windscreen down the left wing as they seemed to blind you a little due to what seemed to me excessive glare.........but I also can't say what it should be like as I haven't been in a B17 at all, much less at 24,000'.............

It's looking better folks!

Was kinda wondering if this Fury X would hold her own.........feeling MUCH better 'bout this now............    :aok

So far it appears to me from a lot of testing on my set up & the performance thru this mission that the AMD CCC software may be interfering w/ the game graphics calls to the GPU causing extra GPU cycling for minimal to no graphical image gain & affecting actual performance some whereas Radeon Pro is not affecting the GPU at all due to me not setting up a profile for the Alpha so Radeon Pro is completely out of the way so the graphics settings & rendering calls made by the Alpha are getting thru to the GPU virtually clean as there is no interface software (such as CCC) to "skew" them............

Back to "work".................... :old:

:salute

Win 10 Home 64, AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, GSkill FlareX 32Gb DDR4 3200 4x8Gb, XFX Radeon RX 6900X 16Gb, Samsung 950 Pro 512Gb NVMe PCI-E SSD (boot), Samsung 850 Pro 128Gb SATA SSD (pagefile), Creative SoundBlaster X7 DAC-AMP, Intel LAN, SeaSonic PRIME Gold 850W, all CLWC'd

Offline MachNix

• Nickel Member
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2015, 08:25:10 PM »
Rivers not rendering properly when viewed from altitude.
Finishing up a bomber mission on the eur2015 terrain and still up around 24,000 feet, the river had some parts blue with other parts a grey-green color without any detail.  The blue and grey-green color would move along the river as the view move forward with the bomber.
Image: p75_river_24k.jpg

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2015, 10:12:19 PM »
Rivers not rendering properly when viewed from altitude.
Finishing up a bomber mission on the eur2015 terrain and still up around 24,000 feet, the river had some parts blue with other parts a grey-green color without any detail.  The blue and grey-green color would move along the river as the view move forward with the bomber.
Image: p75_river_24k.jpg

when you take cm eye mode to the roof and come back down the rivers seemed to show anomalies and beach in place of blue

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2015, 06:36:00 AM »
-190854,932,41331,0.0,-26.9,-35.4
eur2015
FOV = 50.5

JPEG
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2015, 01:24:18 PM »
Just finished with Mission in Europe Arena, flying a TA152. Was on the deck with multiple P38's and other TA152's, Frame rate dropped from 60 to 11 and bounced from there to 18 and back. :joystick:
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2015, 06:04:02 PM »
Game updated normally.

Upon first run of the game on hitting the quit button the first time the game mouse freezes and the windows mouse appears, moves but is otherwise non-functional. Starting the task manager killed the game without actually getting to tell it to. Subsequent offline starts and stops worked normally.

Offline flying around I'm getting a steady 59-60 FR but with intermittent black flashes. Temps OK no apparent rhyme or reason. A flash here a flash there. Perhaps flash is a poor choice of words as it's black but it's as if it's skipped a frame here and there.

Went online. Tried every map but the tower is all blue and looking out the window all I can see is the horizon fog and blue sky above and below the horizon. Attaching a screenie. Went back offline and this doesn't happen.

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2015, 07:48:26 PM »
Further. When I click on the clipboard map I can grab the map and move it around. I can zoom it in and out. But I can't move to any other field. Stuck at A1. The quit button on the map works but none of the others do. Tooltips do display with the dark diamondplate background.
"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2015, 10:22:11 PM »
Just wanted to chime in, updated today and confirmed what Drano is talking about.  I tried to get into the online arenas, got the blue same as he shows.  I went offline thinking maybe it was something to do with the europe map, but it loaded fine.  I went back into the online arenas, and the blue graphics went away, but I still couldn't switch fields.  It also said lost UDP and switching to TCP every time I went into the europe arena.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2015, 11:04:30 PM »
Didn't have a lot of time but flew around offline for a while today,, moved all the drones to GVs and couldn't find them from the air?
Flying since tour 71.

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: September 22, 2015, 05:32:48 AM »
Just wanted to chime in, updated today and confirmed what Drano is talking about.  I tried to get into the online arenas, got the blue same as he shows.  I went offline thinking maybe it was something to do with the europe map, but it loaded fine.  I went back into the online arenas, and the blue graphics went away, but I still couldn't switch fields.  It also said lost UDP and switching to TCP every time I went into the europe arena.

Wiley.

Today, for the first time, I had the same freeze upon logging into mission arena.  I had adjusted my network adapter speed so figured it was on my end, but now with others seeing the same thing, and Main Arena AH2 working well, I am not sure.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2015, 09:23:13 AM »
Today, for the first time, I had the same freeze upon logging into mission arena.  I had adjusted my network adapter speed so figured it was on my end, but now with others seeing the same thing, and Main Arena AH2 working well, I am not sure.

What arena, and was it a clean entry or did you exit an arena and enter a different one? Or exting off line?

HiTech

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #43 on: September 22, 2015, 10:01:09 AM »
I haven't had problems online but I did lock up once after exiting an offline mission. Next time offline I exited normally but I had a white line going through the windows that I don't usually see. The line moves with TIR head movement.

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: September 22, 2015, 10:09:13 AM »
Didn't get the white line this time but have reported it before. Might not have gotten far enough!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"