Author Topic: Fix that exploit plz  (Read 2528 times)

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
Re: Fix that exploit plz
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2015, 02:32:38 PM »
I thought 7 would be a little over kill.

HiTech

:rofl
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2015, 02:50:13 PM »

HiTech

:rofl :rofl
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2015, 03:39:06 PM »
And he didn't complain about the really sneaky tank drivers who turn their armored front end into your guns just as your guns run begins, saving themselves from a busted engine.

Lucifer,

I complained about the skeet shooting ability commander mode gives a tanker years ago. Tankers complained about my ability to crack their engine hatches with my IL2, then skeet shot me. I adapted to the skeet shooting with a steeper guns run angle, and they adapted to me by turning their tank into my guns run which wastes my ammo.

Since you are using HE ammo in the B25, shoot from farther out. The IL2 and Ju87 need to be inside of 300 for effective penetration of their AP rounds.

Say Hitech, any chance you will give Waffle the go on the Hs 129 with 30mm cannon....... :lol
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2015, 04:34:07 PM »

HiTech

:rofl

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline Yankee67

• Copper Member
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2015, 09:48:50 PM »
Lucifer, were you in the B-17's I shot down last week in my T-34, or was that someone else?    :evil:
Y67 (6/2/13 - 9/17/13)            8thJinx (9/17/13 -   )

B-24H Liberator SN 294837-T, "The Jinx", 848th BS, 490th BG, 8th AF, RAF Station Eye, delivered 1943. Piloted by Lt. Thomas Keyes, named by his crew, and adorned with bad luck symbols, the aircraft survived the entire war.

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2015, 07:04:58 AM »

HiTech
That is a shame. If you did, you'd see that all my ditches 10^-7 feet short of the runway were actually safe landings.
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline FBKampfer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2015, 11:51:53 AM »
First off, 600kph is not all that fast. The human eye is perfectly capable of tracking objects at such speed. If you're imagining things just being a big blur as you pass, you're stupid.

Likely your only real world example is a car, and only experience this with objects closer than 10m or so. You're likely flying your plane at close to 150-200m, or more than 10 times the distance, while your speed is likely not even 6 times as great.

Second, unless you're flying perpendicular to the vehicle's direction of view, your speed is fairly irrelevant to shooting you down. You fly straight down their sights, they don't have to compensate for your speed, they have to compensate for your rate of descent, and that's about it.
AvA Development Group
Freebird SAC member

Great men are forged in fire; it is the privilege of lesser men to light the flames.

Offline Oddball-CAF

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2015, 02:01:22 AM »
I think probably more than half of these so-called "main gun kills" are merely the result of
the gamey "fire the tank gun into the dirt" tactic where the strafing plane is so low that
the tank gun HE blast knocks it out...of course leaving the tank and crew completely
unaffected.
 :D

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2015, 06:55:06 PM »

HiTech

:rofl :rofl :rofl

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter