Author Topic: Unfair use of moderator permissions  (Read 12775 times)

Offline 49Greenweeney

• Zinc Member
Unfair use of moderator permissions
« on: September 21, 2015, 05:57:09 PM »
9/21/15, @1720-1740 hrs, I 49GreenW was muted not once but twice. I typed what im guessing was construed as a bad word even though it was spelled out with stars. After the 10 min muting, i typed out that i would like the moderator to pm me and explain why i was muted. Got muted again.
This is unacceptable, and i cant get ahold of anyone at Hightech Creations. 
I need to be contacted by someone at Hightech Creations. You have my number, as well well as years and years of payment.
I AINT GOT NO PANTIES ON

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: Unfair use of moderator permissions
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2015, 06:23:40 PM »
You got muted for "working around" a bad word. If you read the "Terms of service" that is as bad as using the bad word.

The second time you got muted is because you questioned a MOD. ANYTHING directed at a MOD is grounds for mute.

If you have an issue, call/email HTC. Posting it here only gets you into MORE trouble, as that is against the rules as well.

All this is well known for anyone who has sent "years and years of payments" to HTC.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2015, 06:51:01 PM »
If you feel a moderator was out of line, then please contact us.  Email is fine as it takes a while to peruse the logs and go through the transactions.

Just FYI though.  Moderators are under strict orders to instantly mute anyone who makes any attempt to confront them.  It is not the correct venue to address any issues you might have. 

We are happy to research it and work with anyone who has an issue with a moderator.  That is the preferred recourse for players to take.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Oddball-CAF

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2015, 07:42:58 PM »
  You didn't get muted for what you're "guessing was construed as a bad word".
You got muted for typing -a bad word(s)-  and sticking some asterisks in it to replace
a couple of letters.

This court finds you guilty as charged, despite your sad attempt to sway the jury in your favor
by insinuating that said offence on your part was "misconstrued" :P.

Offline Naughty

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2015, 09:14:17 PM »
I thinks it's funny that grownass men need to be muted. And even funnier that they then challenge the Moderator despite it being said repeatedly by HTC in similar threads "do not challenge the moderators"  and funnier still, that your squad mate then challenged the Moderator and ALSO got muted !  And wait... it gets better... Then come onto the BBS to complain about it !!!!  seems I've seen this EXACT same scenario play out with another squad.  Here's a hint, Stop now. It wont end well for you !  :rofl
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 09:16:35 PM by Naughty »
The true warrior has no enemies. Only teachers

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2015, 09:55:59 PM »
9/21/15, @1720-1740 hrs, I 49GreenW was muted not once but twice. I typed what im guessing was construed as a bad word even though it was spelled out with stars. After the 10 min muting, i typed out that i would like the moderator to pm me and explain why i was muted. Got muted again.
This is unacceptable, and i cant get ahold of anyone at Hightech Creations. 
I need to be contacted by someone at Hightech Creations. You have my number, as well well as years and years of payment.

No baiting here. 
You say you've only been on the boards and not in the game for a few years.  Can't believe you've never come across a thread like this.
Who's baiting who?

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2015, 09:20:10 AM »
If you feel a moderator was out of line, then please contact us.  Email is fine as it takes a while to peruse the logs and go through the transactions.

Just FYI though.  Moderators are under strict orders to instantly mute anyone who makes any attempt to confront them.  It is not the correct venue to address any issues you might have. 

We are happy to research it and work with anyone who has an issue with a moderator.  That is the preferred recourse for players to take.

Perhaps it would help  if the term "confront" was defined.  Couldn't the moderator have responded by telling the customer "contact HTC and your question will be answered"  and provide the contact information, isn't that a better way to handle a customer's question, than muting someone for asking a question?  If the customer was belligerent by all means mute them, but muting them for asking a question is I think poor customer relations.  After all we need all the customer's we can get.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2015, 09:41:51 AM »
Perhaps it would help  if the term "confront" was defined.  Couldn't the moderator have responded by telling the customer "contact HTC and your question will be answered" and provide the contact information, isn't that a better way to handle a customer's question, than muting someone for asking a question?  If the customer was belligerent by all means mute them, but muting them for asking a question is I think poor customer relations.  After all we need all the customer's we can get.
How would that be possible if mods are not identified in game?   
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2015, 09:50:52 AM »

Perhaps a message could be included with every mute.

"Your chat privileges have been suspended. To dispute the suspension email support@hitechcreations.com. Attempting to contact a moderator will increase your suspension."

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2015, 10:14:00 AM »
Perhaps it would help  if the term "confront" was defined.  Couldn't the moderator have responded by telling the customer "contact HTC and your question will be answered"  and provide the contact information, isn't that a better way to handle a customer's question, than muting someone for asking a question?  If the customer was belligerent by all means mute them, but muting them for asking a question is I think poor customer relations.  After all we need all the customer's we can get.

There is no way for a moderator to respond.  They are only enforcing policy.  If they abuse it, then they are no longer moderators.  They, themselves, are moderated by HTC.  The guidelines are established by HTC. 

All players have recourse if they feel a moderator is out of line.  We are happy to address these matters.

Attempting to communicate with any moderator will result in an instant mute.  These types of conversations are a distraction to the game.  They are best handled between HTC and the player in question.  We are the only ones who can actually address any issue a player has with a moderator.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2015, 10:55:21 AM »
Perhaps a message could be included with every mute.

"Your chat privileges have been suspended. To dispute the suspension email support@hitechcreations.com. Attempting to contact a moderator will increase your suspension."

This is a good idea.  Another good idea would be to have the profanity filter say something to the effect of "This is an automatic mute.  The server did this, not an abusive moderator.  To dispute the suspension email support@hitechcreations.com."

Can't remember what the automute text is, but I don't recall it being all that abundantly clear that it was generated automatically.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2015, 11:57:44 AM »

I'm sure that   code could be developed so that any PM or IM or whatever a MOD sends replaces there ingame ID with MOD. 
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2015, 12:03:31 PM »
There is no way for a moderator to respond.  They are only enforcing policy.  If they abuse it, then they are no longer moderators.  They, themselves, are moderated by HTC.  The guidelines are established by HTC. 

All players have recourse if they feel a moderator is out of line.  We are happy to address these matters.

Attempting to communicate with any moderator will result in an instant mute.  These types of conversations are a distraction to the game.  They are best handled between HTC and the player in question.  We are the only ones who can actually address any issue a player has with a moderator.

Does that mean that nothing can ever change?  I'm questing what I feel is a poor policy, a customer asking a simple question should not be punished for asking the question.  MODs should have a method for communicating with a customer asking a question short of muting them.  Muting a customer because he asked a question is not customer friendly.  It's not good for the player base and it's not good for business.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2015, 12:05:14 PM »
Yeah, it seems like it is really easy not to know a lot of things so being explicit probably would go a long way to help the persecution complexed. The use of the phrase "confront moderator" where ever it comes from seems pretty bad, it should be "communicate or address the moderator."

As to the unfairness of it all that must be because of personal animosity, how often to you get a speeding ticket when your speeding?

Hell just tell everybody the moderator is a bot, a malignant evil bot that has been burried so deep in the code by Ex soviet patent troll terrorist cyber crimanals that it can't be removed without destroying the game, we all hate it but all we can do about it is to follow a few simple rules.
Pies not kicks.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2015, 12:15:34 PM »
I'm sure that   code could be developed so that any PM or IM or whatever a MOD sends replaces there ingame ID with MOD.

It is not matter of hiding the name.  It is a matter of the moderator not being able to say anything to address any situation.  Again, only HTC can address matters concerning the moderators and we are happy to do so.

If the moderators were allowed to interact, it would quickly become a pig piling contest with any number of players happily jumping in on top of the pile.  It would create an untenable situation.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 12:22:29 PM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese