Author Topic: Unfair use of moderator permissions  (Read 12772 times)

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
Re: Unfair use of moderator permissions
« Reply #60 on: September 24, 2015, 03:32:43 PM »
To be clear I was not and never have been questioning why the abuser was muted, what I questioned was why someone that had not been muted asked why his squad mate was muted got muted instead of being directed to contact HTC.
Please stop...
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #61 on: September 24, 2015, 03:34:46 PM »
This ended up being a lost episode of Judge Judy versus the modern cult of the victim with a side of swift boat. At least it didn't devolve into a lost MASH episode.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #62 on: September 26, 2015, 11:13:40 AM »
I have no problem with Mods and HTCs policy, except the time I got auto-muted for saying something about an F4U , forget the exact text, maybe I mizschpelt something too.

Next Tuesday at Red Robin maybe I'll try this
<snip>Go to a restaurant and start throwing food at others.  No sign says it is not allowed, anywhere.
<Snip>
Me:       [ Throws a French fry at a patron. ]
Them:   HEY, why are you throwing food???
Me:       Skuzzy told me to!
Them:   Who???
Me:       Skuzzy.
Them:   Security, throw this bum outa here!!!
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 26, 2015, 11:16:54 AM »
I have no problem with Mods and HTCs policy, except the time I got auto-muted for saying something about an F4U , forget the exact text, maybe I mizschpelt something too.

A long time ago, typing F4UC 10K was interpreted by the software as trying to get around the filter, resulting in an auto warning and/or a possible auto mute.  :)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #64 on: September 26, 2015, 12:36:52 PM »

A long time ago, typing F4UC 10K was interpreted by the software as trying to get around the filter, resulting in an auto warning and/or a possible auto mute.  :)

That rings a bell. I used to say Lusche knows 99.99% of Aces High, going with a full 100% from now on  :lol
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #65 on: September 26, 2015, 12:54:14 PM »

At that time even squad channels got auto-filtered. I once got muted by telling my squad how much potato chips I had, in Finnish... Followed by the mute for me offending to kiss a squadmate on his forehead, using a word that's common language here although the origins of it are in Swedish. Yep, you guessed it, it has the same four letters as the Mega-you-know. Ahh, the bad old days...  :rock
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #66 on: September 26, 2015, 04:04:26 PM »
Spelling wasabi, wassabi got you a auto naughty word warning. And all I was trying to do was ask wasabi a question on text.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #67 on: September 28, 2015, 04:45:15 PM »
Reason not to let moderators communicate to players:
Online the other day I wanted to let them know they have support and referencing Mods and Rockers, mentioned on country channel I'm a Rocker but that the Mods do a good job too.

Even a harmless comment like that got attention. Maybe I should compliment them on channel 1 [wonder if they see that in LW?].

Offline jones84

• Zinc Member
« Reply #68 on: October 12, 2015, 08:04:37 AM »
I agree on the temp mute for bad words, even if stared out (provided it's law of the land) ....

BUT if he questions the call, wouldn't a simple "Foul language, even suggested foul language masking the actual word(s) with *'s will result in a temp. mute".

...an auto email when such action taken could avoid players "uncertainty".

IMO seems like the response is personal which I don't believe it should be.

Just my 2 cents....

Adding another 2 cents... :P

In another game I play when the system detects a "foul" word, it auto converts the word to an appropriate word that's unique enough that everyone else knows a bad word was said and the tone is carried over ....

Ex1: "Wow that stupid mother pudding!"
Ex2: "You chicken sucker!"

Problem solved ...everyone gets the tone, no one sees the actual foul language and no one gets muted ... :)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 08:08:58 AM by jones84 »

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #69 on: October 16, 2015, 10:22:53 AM »
I agree on the temp mute for bad words, even if stared out (provided it's law of the land) ....

BUT if he questions the call, wouldn't a simple "Foul language, even suggested foul language masking the actual word(s) with *'s will result in a temp. mute".

...an auto email when such action taken could avoid players "uncertainty".

IMO seems like the response is personal which I don't believe it should be.

Just my 2 cents....

In another game I play when the system detects a "foul" word, it auto converts the word to an appropriate word that's unique enough that everyone else knows a bad word was said and the tone is carried over ....

Problem solved ...everyone gets the tone, no one sees the actual foul language and no one gets muted ... :)

Coming up with novel obscenities to get around the aliases? Challenge accepted!!!
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline RSLQK186

• Silver Member
« Reply #70 on: October 16, 2015, 01:12:58 PM »

I have no problem with a bad word filter that blocks bad tone as well
Hacksaw- THE UNFORGIVEN
Founder- Special events contingent
"I'm very very sneaky"

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #71 on: October 16, 2015, 01:32:06 PM »

Coming up with novel obscenities to get around the aliases? Challenge accepted!!!

...so it begins.

Prefanity

Speak less.  Shoot more.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #72 on: October 18, 2015, 10:50:52 AM »
It won't be me. I have never been muted online. I'm just betting that somebody would make an art form out of trying to get around such a filter.
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #73 on: October 20, 2015, 03:42:13 PM »
Mama told me, people who cuss are ignorant because they don't have a large enough vocabulary so they don't have to cuss.

Novel idea, don't cuss, and you won't get muted...  #revolutionary
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline TJsweet

• Copper Member
« Reply #74 on: October 20, 2015, 05:28:28 PM »
ma, ma, mama told me gators are ornery because they got all those teeth and no toothbrush......Sorry just had to.  :aok
WashOut
FSO--JG54