Author Topic: Patch 76  (Read 1299 times)

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
Re: Patch 76
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2015, 06:01:02 AM »
Installed no problems.

Offline ebfd11

• Platinum Member
      • [b]POTW[/b]
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2015, 08:10:10 AM »
Thanks Easycor ...i guess trying to understand what was said while tired didn't work for me....LOL

LAwnDart
PIGS ON THE WING 3RD WING

InGame id: LawnDart
RIP Skullman Potzie and BentNail

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2015, 01:12:38 PM »
The following aircraft have no Joystick, no Rudder or Throttle animation.

BF 110's (both models)
FM-2
KI-61
ME-163
Tempest
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2015, 01:13:44 PM »
Using TrackIR or the up view key, in the CV bridge, looking up still has your head into the ceiling seeing out of the bridge.

Jimmy, never knew AH1 models did have those internal animations.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2015, 01:14:47 PM »
Earlier model cockpits Jimmy. Blame that slacker Waffle! ; )

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2015, 01:20:14 PM »
 :o
Well that shows you how observant I am.  :rofl

Never noticed that. :aok
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline DH367th

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2015, 01:44:53 PM »
nm
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 01:54:06 PM by DH367th »
You don't have to be crazy but it helps

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2015, 02:07:33 PM »
I think Waffle is busy building something like a cross between Godzilla and a King Tiger that paddles in the water like an LVT. Or is it a crass between a rail gun and a rubber ducky....... :O
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline shppr01

• AvA Staff Member
  • Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2015, 02:28:12 PM »
Range finder in Tiger 2 is moving around rapidly . Does anyone else find this ? .
Ingame : Shipper

Never put your gun down to hug a grizzly.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2015, 02:44:55 PM »
OK, is that the commander mode ring or the range adjustment when you are in the main gun site?
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline 715

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2015, 04:08:04 PM »
My Patch 76 experience:

As with previous patches the Europe and Sheep terrains hard crash my computer always, sometimes within seconds of loading.  Ndisles hard crashes my machine if I drive a Jeep through a corn field.

With Patch 76 all the BCCode errors are 8e which is KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HAN DLED with P1=C0000005 = STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION, indicating that a memory access violation occurred.  The memory referenced is always in the top 1GB of my 4GB.  Previous patches also crashed about 1/3 the time with BCCode 50 which is PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA and BCP1 is address (also top 1GB) and BCP2=1 means write operation, but Patch 76 has not thrown that error yet.

I tested my RAM with MEMTEST86+ and it ran for 30 minutes with no error (alpha often crashes in seconds).  I updated my Catalyst drivers to 13.9 (from 13.4) but that had no effect.  (Note that 13.9 is the latest my card manufacturer lists for WinXP 32bit).

Since I don't want to be a broken record I'll stop posting about patches unless they don't crash my machine.

E8400 @ 3GHz, 4GB RAM, HD7870 w 2GB, WinXP 32bit SP3, DX9.0c, 1920x1080, 4K textures

Offline MachNix

• Nickel Member
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2015, 04:11:24 PM »
Objects added to tiles in the Object Editor are not visible from within the game.
The added objects are visible in the Terrain Editor when Trees On is checked in the Terrain Window Options, but the added objects were not visible in the game.  The Graphic Settings were set to default and was using the Atlas 0, Type 0 tile.

Had lots of issues with the Object Editor:
Had to use Open Object instead of the expected Open Terrain Tile to edit tiles, and had to restart the computer before the tile’s bitmap was visible in the OE’s edit window.  The viability problem only happened the first time using the Object Editor. 

An empty folder, I:/spdtree/swa, was created at some point in the process.  (Note: The game is installed on Drive I on my computer.)

If you click Save As, the Open Tile window opens.

Should the Grid fill the entire tile or just the center when editing tiles?  (Note: A tile covers 4 square miles and the grid is one square mile.)

The view in the edit window moves when hitting keys (A,S,D, etc.) whether the edit window has the focus or not.  If the window does not have the focus, an object is added when you hit the A-key to shift the view. (Note: Happens when any control other than a pulldown menu has the focus.)

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2015, 04:39:18 PM »
Objects added to tiles in the Object Editor are not visible from within the game.
The added objects are visible in the Terrain Editor when Trees On is checked in the Terrain Window Options, but the added objects were not visible in the game.  The Graphic Settings were set to default and was using the Atlas 0, Type 0 tile.

Had lots of issues with the Object Editor:
Had to use Open Object instead of the expected Open Terrain Tile to edit tiles, and had to restart the computer before the tile’s bitmap was visible in the OE’s edit window.  The viability problem only happened the first time using the Object Editor. 

An empty folder, I:/spdtree/swa, was created at some point in the process.  (Note: The game is installed on Drive I on my computer.)

If you click Save As, the Open Tile window opens.

Should the Grid fill the entire tile or just the center when editing tiles?  (Note: A tile covers 4 square miles and the grid is one square mile.)

The view in the edit window moves when hitting keys (A,S,D, etc.) whether the edit window has the focus or not.  If the window does not have the focus, an object is added when you hit the A-key to shift the view. (Note: Happens when any control other than a pulldown menu has the focus.)

What file did you open with the open tile?

HiTech

Offline MachNix

• Nickel Member
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2015, 05:41:15 PM »
What file did you open with the open tile?

type0.bmp (Atlas 0, Type 0) using Open Terrain Tile.  The OE edit window remained blank (light blue) and title at top of window was [noname*][terrset00].
Tried type1.bmp and window remained blank.
Went back and tried type0.bmp with same results.
(I think I may have clicked Save and either nothing appeared to happen or the Open Tile window opened.)
Closed the OE, and shutdown the computer for lunch.
Restarted, opened the OE, and type0.bmp (red Atlas 0, Type 0) visible in window.

From here things are a little fuzzy.
Tried type1.bmp using Open Terrain Tile and window remained red Atlas 0, Type 0.
Tired type1.bmp using Open Object and window changed to blue Atlas 0, Type 1.
(Note: I had to change file type form Tiles(*.til) to All(*.*) and navigate to the texsrc folder to select bmp files.)

Back on track.
Re-opened type0.bmp using Open Object, added an object on the "T" in "Type 1" so I would know where it was, and hit Save with no indication the anything happened.  (Object was CITYMISC/TOWNHOUSE1.srt.)
(Note: type0.bmp already had two objects on the tile but may have been inadvertently added while I was shifting the view with the A-key.)
Closed the OE and opened the TE.  The added object was not visible until adding a check mark to Trees On.
Clicked Save, then Build, and closed the TE.
Started AH3, select the newly created terrain, and went Offline Practice.
Launched a P-51B and flew to open area that displayed "Atlas 0, Type 0" but object not visible.  (Trees on other tile types are visible.)
Reset Graphic Settings to Default but no object visible.
Went to external view to remove any canopy effects and object was not visible.
Shutdown and restarted computer but object did not appear.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2015, 06:24:17 PM »
My Patch 76 experience:

As with previous patches the Europe and Sheep terrains hard crash my computer always, sometimes within seconds of loading.  Ndisles hard crashes my machine if I drive a Jeep through a corn field.

With Patch 76 all the BCCode errors are 8e which is KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HAN DLED with P1=C0000005 = STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION, indicating that a memory access violation occurred.  The memory referenced is always in the top 1GB of my 4GB.  Previous patches also crashed about 1/3 the time with BCCode 50 which is PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA and BCP1 is address (also top 1GB) and BCP2=1 means write operation, but Patch 76 has not thrown that error yet.

I tested my RAM with MEMTEST86+ and it ran for 30 minutes with no error (alpha often crashes in seconds).  I updated my Catalyst drivers to 13.9 (from 13.4) but that had no effect.  (Note that 13.9 is the latest my card manufacturer lists for WinXP 32bit).

Since I don't want to be a broken record I'll stop posting about patches unless they don't crash my machine.

E8400 @ 3GHz, 4GB RAM, HD7870 w 2GB, WinXP 32bit SP3, DX9.0c, 1920x1080, 4K textures

A few years back I was having this issue. The answer lay outside of HTC code. But, the HTC code running was acting like a canary in a coal mine triggering the issue with my PC. Turned out to be my sound card was dying. Running the dump file through WinDbg clued me to it because of all the references to sound blaster in the memory space.

Since you are still running XP 64bit, finding the XP 64bit SDK to get a copy of a compatible WinDbg and then the debug symbols may prove interesting. Microsoft TechNet is not very helpful, they point to everything could be your problem. Bad drivers\new drivers, bad dll\new dll, corrupted XP files, bad harddrive or corrupted sectors, new hardware not playing nice, old hardware dying. Do you have a spare hard drive to lay down another instance of your OS? Or now that XP is out of support, do you have a ghosted ISO you can lay down on a new hard drive?

At BofA Microsoft would have us set the dump to a full memory dump and send them that gigantic file after the next event. Sometimes we would get lucky in one of two ways. The event would happen again after sending off the file and give us a better BSOD to narrow the culprit down. Or MS might actually find something rather than the usual, not their problem so update all of your patches and drivers and contact your server and software vendors. Or some executive would go to the CIO and we would build a new server over night. 

bustr - POTW 1st Wing