Author Topic: How or Why we will reverse global warming  (Read 32555 times)

Offline craz07

• Silver Member
Re: How or Why we will reverse global warming
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2015, 05:20:56 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 10:15:52 AM by Skuzzy »
Don't let others drag you down with their own hatred and fear

Offline cpxxx

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2015, 05:35:41 PM »
Totally with Eagl on this. I do think climate change is happening. We will adapt though. I am absolutely convinced though that our input has been exaggerated and we cannot do anything to reverse it.

Here in Ireland, we've had a terrible summer. Yes I hear you say Ireland always has a terrible summer. It's a cliché. But really this one was bad. But meanwhile over in England it was hot, very hot as I'm sure Zack will confirm. Same with most of continental Europe. The weather people here explained it simply. There's a cold area of the ocean between Greenland and Iceland  where much of our weather crosses. So it never warmed up this summer, dammit. Yet the rest of Europe was hot and dry. It met the proper cliché of the warming planet.

But we were cold and wet all summer.

Whatever the reasons for all this. It is hubris to think we can reverse anything. Sometimes I think humans believe they are God. We can do anything. In reality we are nothing, mere flies on the surface of the Earth. The Earth doesn't need us, if anything we're a parasite on it's surface.

We just need to adapt to survive. Simple as that.

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2015, 06:29:28 PM »
Hey are you guy talking about my spelling?  I'd guess one is ignoring the fact with a insult and the other to smart for his bellybutton hole.  If yous care about people you would respect them buts that's none of my bussnies . Its your life. :old:

Offline Peanut1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2015, 06:44:00 PM »
See Rule #6
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 10:16:49 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2015, 06:51:07 PM »
No rare earth magnets?! Wth, what will the Chinese use to hold the canopies on my R/C aircraft from now on?

Speaking of Chinese, everyone in the West involved in the warmer movement always conveniently refuses to discuss China.  Having lived there (Hong Kong, but close enough, and I did spend 2 months on the Mainland overall), and this was nearly 20 years ago now, I can attest to the mainland being a giant garbage dump, pretty much everywhere you looked, and don't even get started on the air pollution.  We in the western world could run 100% solar, wind, be 100% Green Party approved recyclers, and all drive electric cars, and IMO it wouldn't even make a dent in the overall footprint of global warming/pollution/etc if China refuses to do anything, which has been and continues to be the case. 

What's the point of bankrupting the west trying to reach emission and other targets when the largest dirtiest polluter, which is just getting worse, refuses to do anything?  Pointless.  Do even a quick bit of research on Chinese regarding emissions and pollutants, what they put into the atmosphere, as well as the water table, makes the worst place in the West look as clean as an operating room.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 06:59:08 PM by Gman »

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2015, 07:02:53 PM »
Totally with Eagl on this. I do think climate change is happening. We will adapt though. I am absolutely convinced though that our input has been exaggerated and we cannot do anything to reverse it.

Here in Ireland, we've had a terrible summer. Yes I hear you say Ireland always has a terrible summer. It's a cliché. But really this one was bad. But meanwhile over in England it was hot, very hot as I'm sure Zack will confirm. Same with most of continental Europe. The weather people here explained it simply. There's a cold area of the ocean between Greenland and Iceland  where much of our weather crosses. So it never warmed up this summer, dammit. Yet the rest of Europe was hot and dry. It met the proper cliché of the warming planet.

But we were cold and wet all summer.

Whatever the reasons for all this. It is hubris to think we can reverse anything. Sometimes I think humans believe they are God. We can do anything. In reality we are nothing, mere flies on the surface of the Earth. The Earth doesn't need us, if anything we're a parasite on it's surface.

We just need to adapt to survive. Simple as that.

Agree with Eagl and agree with this.

Here in Canada, the last several winters have been brutally cold in many parts - where is the MMGW when it's -60 with the windchill for weeks on end I ask?  Or the snow and cold snaps in the US east coast in the last couple years?  Lots of warmness there to be sure. 

And, as many have stated, even IF there is change happening, how can it be proven to be caused by anything man has done?  And even it could be, I again use the Chinese example as to why bankrupting companies and nations over trying to reach "targets" is pretty pointless and stupid. 

Offline craz07

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2015, 07:24:19 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 10:18:08 AM by Skuzzy »
Don't let others drag you down with their own hatred and fear

Offline Mar

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: September 27, 2015, 07:27:29 PM »
Zack rules. :old:
𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝒽𝒶𝒹𝑜𝓌𝓈 𝑜𝒻 𝓌𝒶𝓇'𝓈 𝓅𝒶𝓈𝓉 𝒶 𝒹𝑒𝓂𝑜𝓃 𝑜𝒻 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒶𝒾𝓇 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝑒𝓈 𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑔𝓇𝒶𝓋𝑒

"Onward to the land of kings—via the sky of aces!"
  Oh, and zack1234 rules. :old:

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: September 27, 2015, 07:35:21 PM »
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 10:18:42 AM by Skuzzy »
Flying since tour 71.

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2015, 07:58:30 PM »

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2015, 09:48:18 PM »
The powers that be a rubbing thier hands with glee when they swapped from oil production to a economy based on climate change.

Have you paid your ICE tax you will be :rofl

In the middle ages you paid priests so you got to heaven :rofl

The egyptians built useless pyramids that kept a whole society in work :rofl

In the 20th century we had wars to transfer wealth :rofl

In the 21st its going to be defense against refugees and climate change :rofl

the current administration and the spoiled culture will continue to attack the farmer. i call ignorance but gd i think its simply a bunch of righteous buffoons.  potatoes are grown in the desert for sun and weeds dont exist. yeah that sounds silly doesnt it.  :bhead

Zack we need you to straiten the illuminaty, (cough) banks, im working on the people.   :airplane:

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: September 27, 2015, 10:13:16 PM »
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 10:19:29 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: September 27, 2015, 10:43:46 PM »
No rare earth magnets?! Wth, what will the Chinese use to hold the canopies on my R/C aircraft from now on?

Speaking of Chinese, everyone in the West involved in the warmer movement always conveniently refuses to discuss China.  Having lived there (Hong Kong, but close enough, and I did spend 2 months on the Mainland overall), and this was nearly 20 years ago now, I can attest to the mainland being a giant garbage dump, pretty much everywhere you looked, and don't even get started on the air pollution.  We in the western world could run 100% solar, wind, be 100% Green Party approved recyclers, and all drive electric cars, and IMO it wouldn't even make a dent in the overall footprint of global warming/pollution/etc if China refuses to do anything, which has been and continues to be the case. 

What's the point of bankrupting the west trying to reach emission and other targets when the largest dirtiest polluter, which is just getting worse, refuses to do anything?  Pointless.  Do even a quick bit of research on Chinese regarding emissions and pollutants, what they put into the atmosphere, as well as the water table, makes the worst place in the West look as clean as an operating room.

Bankrupting the West is the point.  Envirowackos hate that we have so much more of everything than poor countries and want to knock us down a bunch of pegs for "social justice".  To them we are using more than our "fair share" (they are the sole judge of what that is) and want everyone in the world equally poor and miserable.  That's why they want us to pay poor countries as punishment for our success.

"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline saggs

• Silver Member
      • www.kirksagers.com
« Reply #43 on: September 28, 2015, 12:26:13 AM »
See Rule #14
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 10:19:56 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline saggs

• Silver Member
      • www.kirksagers.com