Author Topic: How or Why we will reverse global warming  (Read 32556 times)

Offline craz07

• Silver Member
How or Why we will reverse global warming
« on: September 27, 2015, 12:04:51 PM »
Ice is shrinking so fast in the north they're already preparing to evacuate ice dependant villages...  Can we do something to reverse this for the next generation, or is the next generation just iphones and suv's with long commutes...?  Your own fate is in front of your own eyes...  The more conversation we have about this the better chance we have if anyone cares anymore....
Don't let others drag you down with their own hatred and fear

Offline eagl

• Platinum Member
Re: How or Why we will reverse global warming
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2015, 12:27:33 PM »
The less ice there is, the more room to grow crops.  Quit whining, cope.  Neanderthals coped better than the radical climate changers, makes ya wonder if a big die-off of whiny government-dependent progressives unable to cope with natural global heating and cooling cycles might be a good thing.

PS:  The last time it was dramatically warmer on earth, when they were growing crops on Greenland, the polar bears did just fine.  Try facts and geologic record instead of emotional blabbering if you want some ideas about what to do when things warm up a bit.  And maybe keep a spare jacket handy for the next cold cycle.
Everyone I know, goes away, in the end.

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2015, 12:28:42 PM »
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2015, 12:31:45 PM »
The less ice there is, the more room to grow crops.  Quit whining, cope.  Neanderthals coped better than the radical climate changers, makes ya wonder if a big die-off of whiny government-dependent progressives unable to cope with natural global heating and cooling cycles might be a good thing.

PS:  The last time it was dramatically warmer on earth, when they were growing crops on Greenland, the polar bears did just fine.  Try facts and geologic record instead of emotional blabbering if you want some ideas about what to do when things warm up a bit.  And maybe keep a spare jacket handy for the next cold cycle.

:aok
Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey

Offline eagl

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2015, 12:38:07 PM »
I almost forgot...  The climate change induced migration has already started, with the smart (coincidentally conservative) Californians migrating out of Calif to places like Texas and places that aren't in a drought.  That's what Humans do, its our thing.  Cope instead of laying down and dying in our own filthy misery whining about how unfair things are.  Well, that's what some Humans do anyhow.  Some try to "fix" things by making laws to spend other people's money on things that can't possibly change what nature is going to do next.

Of course, I will note that the California drought did coincide with a statewide effort to get signatures on petitions to ban dihydrogen monoxide, the leading transport agent of man-made toxins, and present in huge amounts in every child born with a birth defect...  Looks like the petition was at least partially successful in banning that particular toxic chemical.  Did you know some people actually *purify* dihydrogen monoxide in their homes, and don't even realize what it does?  Get educated people!

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2015, 12:56:30 PM »
eagl your my hero.

If only it were possible to remove dihydrogen monoxide completely from the world we would all be much safer.

would it be possible to freeze it?

I personally feel I have been completely contaminated with dihydrogen monoxide and do not know how to heal myself as there is no known cure for dihydrogen monoxide exposure.
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline craz07

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2015, 01:11:32 PM »
There needs to be a total revamp of emission's across the globe U.S. to China and a total rewrite of how people spend their money be it on iphones computers or other technology that once is used gets thrown into a landfill...  Anyone arguing that there is not a problem is just ignorant at this point...

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2015, 01:41:13 PM »
The less ice there is, the more room to grow crops.
Oh yes? What if the warming alters the ocean currents? Slowing the Gulf Stream would actually make Europe a cooler place to live in, not to mention that the sea level at the East Coast of USA would rise. I agree, the polar bears might have done just fine at the time they grew crops on Greenland. Also the Neanderthals might have done well. There's one aspect you didn't mention: There were no big cities at that time, people simply moved along the changes in climate. Some sources say that 8 inches higher sea level would cause big issues on Manhattan, where there's more people living than the entire Neanderthal time population was. The nature will survive. The big question is, will the human race survive.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2015, 02:07:02 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 10:38:06 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline eagl

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2015, 02:11:17 PM »
Thing is, the warmers are totally ignoring fossil records that show a biodiversity explosion every time the global temperature rises or CO2 naturally rises.  Its all doom and gloom.

I think there certainly could be more done to reduce man made pollution, but I am convinced that the warmer's crusade is distracting everyone from making any progress towards real improvements in *pollution* control.  CO2 is a byproduct of respiration and its also plant food, so classifying that as pollution the same as, say, a mercury spill, is harming the entire environmental movement.

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2015, 02:20:53 PM »

The ice helps moderate the climate.

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2015, 02:21:58 PM »
co2 is a limiting factor for the most important enzyme in the world, rubisco. this in because the toxin o2 has such a similar structure.  Some tropical plants can overcome the co2 limitation using c4 carbon cycling.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C3_carbon_fixation

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C4_carbon_fixation

When kids start telling us to burn H2O in place of long chain carbons, watch out.

It would be nice if humans could solve their energy problem by understanding the natural word and using it safely.  :old:

Offline craz07

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2015, 02:27:44 PM »
How about landfills we're building mountains of them around us, eventually they will overtake us won't they...?

Offline eagl

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2015, 02:38:04 PM »
How about landfills we're building mountains of them around us, eventually they will overtake us won't they...?

2 things.  First, that's got everything to do with "environmental conservation" and nothing to do with "the global warming is the suxxors!"  Second, in a couple hundred years they'll change the name of all the landfills to "resource reclamation mines", as they dig back through all that trash to find all the rare natural resources we're putting in them now.  Most people have no freaking idea how bad it is for the environment to make strong magnets, for example, yet we think nothing about tossing them in the trash.  Same goes for batteries.  How many cities have battery bins go with the glass, plastic, and paper bins during weekly trash pickup?  I don't think any of them do.  Even San Francisco hasn't figured out how to safely do residential trash service pickup of fluorescent lightbulbs.  So instead of taking the 10 minute walk to the community recycle facility (or like here in Vegas, the 60 minute trip to the centralized recycle facility), people toss them in the trash.  In a few thousand years, I'm confident that we'll need to dig that stuff back up and re-use it so it'll actually be really helpful that we're concentrating all that stuff in landfills.

But that's thinking really long term.  For most warmers, the world's climate was created the day that stupid hockey stick diagram was released and can't look any farther forward than the next (hopefully horrible) hurricane season that they are praying will kill lots of people so they can be used as examples of why warming is the d3viL.

Offline helbent

• Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2015, 03:06:31 PM »
So much to say and rebut, but I would rather just slap you up side the head and pray that you wake up.
Creator and original CO of the now HiJacked Squad -=Hell Hounds=-
Never argue with an idiot.  They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
Avator by fugi.