Author Topic: Patch 77  (Read 2037 times)

Offline Lizard

• Zinc Member
Re: Patch 77
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2015, 12:02:25 PM »
Just installed the new patch. Trackir stops immediately, none of the gauges work. The stuff in the top right corner does though. Tir is new to me, I've got it working in AH2, stable. It's just like trying to learn to fly all over again....The problem with the alpha and AH2 I have is, everytime I go into the alpha, something on my stick set up changes or messes up in AH2. Currently my zoom doesn't work. For a while my sight range in gv mode didn't work.
Lizard3

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2015, 03:05:01 PM »
Lizard,

There are two entirely different directories.  Unless you are physically changing your TrackIR configurations and saving it on the same directory for AH2 as in Alpha, the changes should not automatically occur.  :headscratch:

There is a sticky http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,373697.0.html that tells what files you can save and carry over from AH2 to Alpha.  Besides that I don't want to give you any more tips..... you were kickin my arse yesterday in MA :)

The files with the following extensions may be copied over, from the current game "settings" folder.
------------------------------------
*.JSM
*.KMP
*.HPS

The "planes" folder may also be copied over.

"Skins" are not supported yet.

Please do not copy any of the *.CFG files over.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 03:15:18 PM by Chilli »

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2015, 03:15:20 PM »
Just installed the new patch. Trackir stops immediately, none of the gauges work. The stuff in the top right corner does though. Tir is new to me, I've got it working in AH2, stable. It's just like trying to learn to fly all over again....The problem with the alpha and AH2 I have is, everytime I go into the alpha, something on my stick set up changes or messes up in AH2. Currently my zoom doesn't work. For a while my sight range in gv mode didn't work.

A DXdiag for your PC would help, you can attach it in this forum to your posts. A guess, almost seems your system running the alpha is being taxed out if TR and gauges and joystick buttons are not working.

1. - Do you run software before you start AH2 or the alpha to map buttons for your joystick?
2. - If the above is a "no" answer. Have you copied over from AH2 your joystick.jsm file to the alpha or just let the alpha go default or have mapped some buttons yourself?
3. - Does TR stop working after you have pressed any joystick buttons or keys on the keyboard? Or just cuts out?
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2015, 03:23:13 PM »
On start up minimizing the first clipboard causes it to be transparent as it gets small.  Seems to be consistent starting the game and inconsistent exiting.

The BB tip in the loading window shows A High instead of Aces High.

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2015, 07:03:57 PM »
Updated without issue. Works both on and offline. Still have the clipboard resizing when you go from one place to another. Tried flying online but either had flight disabled or couldn't fly due to a mission in progress even tho it says I could after a few mins. Never got up to engage any AI. Oh the popup asking to join the mission in progress or not obscures the arena message saying the missions aren't meant to be joined.

Offline I'm seeing the same hit sprite/splashes around the CV that Bustr has reported. They seem more common when the fleet is turning. I taxi'd a Zero up to the bow and saw hit splashes dancing across the deck on the bow end as if it were made of water.
"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2015, 07:51:27 PM »
snip

Offline I'm seeing the same hit sprite/splashes around the CV that Bustr has reported. They seem more common when the fleet is turning. I taxi'd a Zero up to the bow and saw hit splashes dancing across the deck on the bow end as if it were made of water.

Friendly fire maybe a carryover from the drones in offline mode.  I noticed the drone GVs that normally spawn at airfields float on the water (at least they did in past patches).

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2015, 07:52:19 PM »
I started having issues with the Terrain Editor.

I posted what I was doing in the TE forum but this is for Patch 77.

If I save my terrain, it porks the files in some unknown way. See my jpg in the TE forum.

I can force the TE to open without crashing by completing the file name+.oba in the cfg file.

Once I have it running, I can open a previously valid terrain, avasml for instance, and all looks like it's running properly, but it isn't.

I don't save because I know it will pork the files.

When I try to reopen one of the 3 or 4 terrains I've used to test saving the terrain in TE p77, the TE crashes instantly.

I should add here that a new reinstall from the full installer didn't fix it.

I needed some time off anyway LOL.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 07:56:46 PM by Easyscor »
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Lizard

• Zinc Member
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2015, 09:35:18 PM »
A DXdiag for your PC would help, you can attach it in this forum to your posts. A guess, almost seems your system running the alpha is being taxed out if TR and gauges and joystick buttons are not working.

1. - Do you run software before you start AH2 or the alpha to map buttons for your joystick?
2. - If the above is a "no" answer. Have you copied over from AH2 your joystick.jsm file to the alpha or just let the alpha go default or have mapped some buttons yourself?
3. - Does TR stop working after you have pressed any joystick buttons or keys on the keyboard? Or just cuts out?

It's not so taxed...

1, no
2, yes and re-set up a few times. This is the 3rd version of the alpha I've tried out.
3, Right off the get go. It worked a few days ago. I shot down some Ju88's and a 109 ib on a mission in the ava. This version came out it all locked up. And I do remember this. Usually I have two green lights on the gizmob ontop of the monitor. I only had one, the left one, in the alpha. I went into AH2 right after and all was working(except the zoom buttons and keys) and I had 2 green lights. I believe the right green light is for a trackir acceptable/usable (??) software.

And I know they are in separate folders.
Lizard3

Offline 715

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2015, 10:02:03 PM »
I started having issues with the Terrain Editor.

I posted what I was doing in the TE forum but this is for Patch 77.  <cut>

I am having the same or a very similar problem.  I was able to make terrains, even very large ones, with patch 76 but with Patch 77 I cannot successfully build even small terrains and I can't even save them then exit then restart the terrain editor without it crashing.  It will only run if the terrain is erased beforehand.

Does the Terrain Editor require a 64 bit operating system?  The reason I ask is the error it throws, Exception Code c0000005 (access violation) gives an address in 64 bit format (0x00000000004763A0).

(Win XP 32 bit w 4G RAM)

Offline Lizard

• Zinc Member
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2015, 10:30:33 PM »
re-installed the patch over the top and all is well. TrackIR, zoom and looks purdy again.
Lizard3

Offline MrKrabs

• Gold Member
      • AH-Freebirds.com
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2015, 03:26:07 AM »
The "terrset00.zip" link in the Alpha Patch 77 download thread does not work for me. It sends me to a page that says "An error has occurred! You are not allowed to access this section".

Same issue  :old:
The boiling pot is put away and the crab has gone back to sea...

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2015, 03:50:15 AM »
Not had time to do much with the new Patch 77 TE yet. I opened CraterMA to see if I could edit the existing road system on that terrain, but the TE didn't see them. There are barges visible at a few fields in the main window so I am assuming the road system is still there in the background and will be editable in a future TE update.

Rather than play with the new roads in that terrain I built a simple test terrain instead. Luckily at the time I chose not to save CraterMA with the new TE. I have not had any problem opening the TE with the test terrain after saving it and am also able to build and run it in the game offline. I have not yet tried saving a backed-up CraterMA to see if this is only an issue with pre-patch 77 terrains. Also I have not yet downloaded the terrset00 stuff to see if that is the issue.

The new roads curves look more natural than the old system's straights and right angle bends. The method of building them seems pretty straightforward as it is much the same as the coastline tool. There ought to be less possibility of building bugged roads with doubled up waypoints as well. A visual indication of the road's direction of travel would be a nice addition, perhaps an arrow or a circle at the end showing its area of influence.

My simple terrain so far just has an airfield, a town, a road and railway line with embankments and a river transport. When I built this terrain none of the road/rail/river stuff was visible in the game.

I like that there is now the ability to add road embankments at specific locations as I can use it to shield GVs. I don't know if this is already planned but I would also like either to be able add bridges at specific places or for the TE to automatically build them whenever a road or railway line crosses water. Not only would this look good in the game but it would open up some interesting possibilities for terrain design.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 03:51:50 AM by Greebo »

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2015, 11:28:34 AM »
Following Greebo's post, I created a new terrain and saved it. When I reopened the TE, it still crashed.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2015, 11:52:04 AM »
terrset00.zip link is fixed, also in the TE topic first post there is a link to all HTC terrain textures.

HiTech

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2015, 12:02:44 PM »
A followup to my TE posts.

I renamed my Hitech Creations folder and did a completely new install instead of an overwrite. The TE still crashed after a save and relaunch leaving me scratching my head.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001