Author Topic: Patch 77  (Read 2036 times)

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Re: Patch 77
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2015, 12:13:02 PM »
A followup to my TE posts.

I renamed my Hitech Creations folder and did a completely new install instead of an overwrite. The TE still crashed after a save and relaunch leaving me scratching my head.

My guess is I have a bug in the road system saving.

HiTech

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2015, 12:44:23 PM »
The auto ack at an enemy v base I was attacking was almost invisible.  It was hitting me and I couldn't track where it was coming from.  All of the features on the base seem very hard to spot in general.  The terrain looks great, but I can't see what I'm trying to shoot at.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2015, 02:26:00 PM »
In the Capture The Flag and Mission arenas flight is disabled for Bishops.

The transparent clipboard only happens When I run Alpha film prior to starting the game.

Offline 715

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2015, 03:30:47 PM »
My guess is I have a bug in the road system saving.

HiTech

I found a way around the problem.  Create at least one road on the terrain.  Then it builds successfully and you can save and restart successfully.

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2015, 05:32:33 PM »
I found a way around the problem.  Create at least one road on the terrain.  Then it builds successfully and you can save and restart successfully.

Not for me, but then I don't see the trees in the OE anymore either.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2015, 08:53:03 PM »
With TrackIR, I'm getting an unusual pause before the view starts to pan.

- oldman

Offline FTJR

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2015, 11:19:48 AM »
CV offline, in tower, push f3 then f5 gets you a fine view of the beach. f1 returns you to the tower.
Bring the Beaufighter to Aces High
Raw Prawns      

B.O.S.S. "Beaufighter Operator Support Services" 
Storms and Aeroplanes dont mix

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2015, 11:35:32 AM »
CV offline, in tower, push f3 then f5 gets you a fine view of the beach. f1 returns you to the tower.

Sounds like you did a .psave at one point, type .pclear and f5 should now show near the CV.

HiTech

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2015, 03:29:52 PM »
re-installed the patch over the top and all is well. TrackIR, zoom and looks purdy again.

Any time I had chronic issues like yours since August last year in the closed alpha, I would uninstall the alpha and download the full version. That usually cleared up the problems if they were not issues and bugs Hitech needed to hear about.

TrackIR 5 Lights.

Left is TR software activation.
Right is game software sync.

I've found TR5 has a distance issue from your head less forgiving than TR3. If you are too far away by only inches from the threshold range, the camera will be confused by everything in the room that has a reflection including a shiny nose. Once you are close enough, most nothing interferes. For awhile the incredibly bright white out sun effect of the alpha would reflect off my nose and glasses causing TR5 to lock me in other views. Once I moved my camera 4 inches closer to my face, it all stopped. Setting the light filter threshold past 120 only exacerbated the problem.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline MachNix

• Nickel Member
« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2015, 04:12:20 PM »
Ahedit.exe stops working when trying to open any newly created terrain.
I created a new terrain (test1), extracted the contents of the terrset00.zip file, and then could not open the newly created terrain.  While troubleshooting, it turned out that any newly created terrain (test2) will result in an ahedit.exe has stopped working message, and it is not related to extracting the zip file.  Attached is a zip file (test2.zip) that has the test2 terrain as created by the TE.  Note the extracted files go into the ah3terr folder.  I assume this is the same problem others have reported.

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: October 05, 2015, 05:42:42 PM »
MachNix, did you spend any time in the old AH2 TE between the time you installed patch 77 and then experienced the problem?

Second question, did you spend any time in the AH3 OE before the problem occurred?
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline MachNix

• Nickel Member
« Reply #41 on: October 05, 2015, 05:56:35 PM »
Easyscor, No to both questions.  Just started computer, went online to get the terrset00.zip file incase it was updated, and then started the TE to create a new test terrain.  Saved and closed the new terrain, extracted the zip file and then restarted the TE which resulted in ahedit.exe has stopped working message.

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: October 05, 2015, 07:00:42 PM »
This morning, I thought I was able to create a new terrain and reopen it. This afternoon, after half a dozen clean installs I'm having exactly the same scenario as MachNix. With all my false starts trying to duplicate this, I'm feeling pretty stupid atm.

Here's what I've done several times this afternoon.
Uninstall the Alpha, Clean install the Alpha. Create a new terrain and save it. Then when I try to open the TE, I get the 'has stopped working' message.

By removing the config I can launch the TE to a blank terrain, but opening the just created terrain repeats the error message.

I was able to open a good terrain from the previous patch but after saving it the TE repeated the error message upon reopening it.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 07:03:44 PM by Easyscor »
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: October 05, 2015, 11:56:15 PM »
My latest attempt.

Two hours ago I created a fresh install of the Alpha. I attempted to create a terrain with nothing but land and water, no bases. In previous patch version, a base #1 was added in the center of the terrain, but not in this version.
I'd saved and been unable to reopen the terrain. I still can't.

I cleared the cfg file (actually I think it was still a blank terrain on launch) and created a new terrain. This time I added field 1 and 1 road which I named, saved and successfully reopened the terrain myterr2.

Then I converted an AH2 terrain I'd been working on. It crashed the TE. I copied the content of the working myterr2.tra file into the tra file of the converted AH2 terrain and it then opened, saved and reopened without complaint.

I successfully reopened myterr2, and while it was up, reopened the converted AH2 terrain.

715 provided the hint for this yesterday. I'd not stumbled upon the right combination of steps to duplicate it and make the TE work the same consistently.

A followup:

I transfered a backup copy of the avachanl terrain into the ah3terr folder. It successfully opened. I saved. It crashed the TE upon reopening but since the cfg file was updated...
To solve the problem, I again pasted the content of the myterr2.tra into the avachanl.tra.

Now I get to play with roads like I was supposed too. :)

But that'll have to wait until tomorrow.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 12:48:58 AM by Easyscor »
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline FTJR

• Silver Member
« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2015, 01:41:50 AM »
Sounds like you did a .psave at one point, type .pclear and f5 should now show near the CV.

HiTech

Ok followed the instructions., got the text saying it was cleared. now f5 puts me on the deck and the cv slides out from under, i then fall to the water.. f1 puts me back to the tower.
p.s. I closed the game and restarted. Same thing.
Bring the Beaufighter to Aces High
Raw Prawns      

B.O.S.S. "Beaufighter Operator Support Services" 
Storms and Aeroplanes dont mix