Author Topic: Top Late War Killers  (Read 3542 times)

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Re: Top Late War Killers
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2015, 08:12:14 AM »
That was me doing my part in trying to get the la7 perked.

Dude!

- oldman

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2015, 02:23:11 AM »
Still alive and lurking.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798
Truth doesn't need exaggeration.

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2015, 02:49:45 AM »
I find the 51 to be the most boring aircraft in the game.  Fast enough to outrun most things, but with an acceleration so poor that in most people's hands it can't afford to mix it up much lest it lose its speed and be trapped in a melee that it cannot win due to its terrible turning abilities.

There are some who can get beyond this and learn to be aggressive in it, but most are just painfully timid.

The 51 takes time and patience, but it's record stands. I for one do not believe for a second that the thing is modeled anywhere near accurately (no... I don't give a flying flip the HiTech has flown one, perhaps that's WHY it's dumbed down).  Timid is everyone's favorite adjective for the pony.... but the truth is, they simply want the Pony to give up it's particular advantage so they can have a chance at gunning it down.  My answer as always is, you do your thing, I'll do mine.  OR, tell ya what, next time you're in a Zeke, please fly straight and level for me, so I can get ya all easy like with my Pony.  Otherwise, I shall ridicule you for being all turny burny and afraid to fight fast like real men do.  :)
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2015, 02:16:28 AM »
Been flying the 51D a bit, it's fun to mix it up with the turny birds in it.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2015, 09:31:36 AM »
The 51 takes time and patience, but it's record stands. I for one do not believe for a second that the thing is modeled anywhere near accurately (no... I don't give a flying flip the HiTech has flown one, perhaps that's WHY it's dumbed down).  Timid is everyone's favorite adjective for the pony.... but the truth is, they simply want the Pony to give up it's particular advantage so they can have a chance at gunning it down.  My answer as always is, you do your thing, I'll do mine.  OR, tell ya what, next time you're in a Zeke, please fly straight and level for me, so I can get ya all easy like with my Pony.  Otherwise, I shall ridicule you for being all turny burny and afraid to fight fast like real men do.  :)

This is a complete untruth.
but the truth is, they simply want the Pony to give up it's particular advantage so they can have a chance at gunning it down.
We never modify a planes performance from what our best research show it should be.
And since you some how believe it has been, it would be very simple for you to test and prove this verses throwing baseless accusations.

HiTech

HiTech

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2015, 09:36:53 AM »
HT, I'd say this particular quote

"but the truth is, they simply want the Pony to give up it's particular advantage so they can have a chance at gunning it down"

was directed towards other players who want the Pony driver to slow down to turn with them, not HTC
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2015, 11:49:35 AM »
HT, I'd say this particular quote

"but the truth is, they simply want the Pony to give up it's particular advantage so they can have a chance at gunning it down"

was directed towards other players who want the Pony driver to slow down to turn with them, not HTC
He still gave no reason to try to call HTC out on modeling of the plane...nothing about it's top speed, handling or anything
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2015, 03:27:36 PM »
The P51 is a very balanced plane. In the right hands it can do almost anything. It can out fly almost every plane and keeps E better than most planes. It's only fault of course are the 50 cals which tend to make P51 have to work harder and longer for their kills in AH. Compared to the Temp, the P51 would dance all over it and eventually gain the 6, although I'm pretty sure the Temp might be able to run away, maybe. If the Temp gets one shot on the P51 its pretty much over. a lot of people really fly too timid in the P51 and you don't see many people get low and slow with it. The P51 can tangle up with most any plane from the start of the fight given the E. However, as the P51 gets slower it won't out turn planes like the Nik or Ki84. You have to be quick and aggressive. I think alot of people fail in the P51s because they don't fly it aggressively enough and dont really use its amazing flap platform to work positions in a fight.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2015, 05:21:58 PM »

The Pony is a very nice turning machine too. Has a real nice roll rate along with some real speed if you need it. Most who fly (in game) it have no idea how to really fly it.

I still prefer my 38J.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 05:24:47 PM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2015, 06:27:54 PM »
The Pony is a very nice turning machine too. Has a real nice roll rate along with some real speed if you need it. Most who fly (in game) it have no idea how to really fly it.

I still prefer my 38J.
P-51D turns like utter crap.  The Mosquito is a poor turner and it turns better than the P-51D. 

I don't blame any P-51 driver for not getting in a turn fight.  I do blame them for not learning how to exploit their high energy retention and fight in the vertical.  Really, the P-51D and Mossie handle surprisingly similar, P-51 rolls a lot better though, and I know how potent the Mossie is when aggressively BnZing.  I see no reason the P-51D cannot do the same.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2015, 06:32:52 PM »
Jug>pony
See Rule #4

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: October 26, 2015, 06:54:44 PM »
P-51D turns like utter crap.  The Mosquito is a poor turner and it turns better than the P-51D. 

I don't blame any P-51 driver for not getting in a turn fight.  I do blame them for not learning how to exploit their high energy retention and fight in the vertical.  Really, the P-51D and Mossie handle surprisingly similar, P-51 rolls a lot better though, and I know how potent the Mossie is when aggressively BnZing.  I see no reason the P-51D cannot do the same.
The 51 handles at high speed better then most planes...
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #42 on: October 26, 2015, 07:50:35 PM »

YMMV 

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #43 on: October 26, 2015, 08:21:16 PM »
The 51 handles at high speed better then most planes...
While this is definitely true, it isn't all that useful for aggressive BnZing.

YMMV 
I will grant that there are a lot of really bad P-51 drivers to encounter out there so the fact that I consistently out turned P-51Ds in the Mossie VI to the point that I actively sought them out does not necessarily mean that the Mossie turns better than the P-51D.  In my experience it does though.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 08:24:59 PM by Karnak »
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: October 26, 2015, 08:24:24 PM »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion