Author Topic: Aces High  (Read 983 times)

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
Aces High
« on: October 20, 2015, 03:21:40 AM »
...is awesome.

Just sayin.  Sure, there's stuff and some silly shenanigans that go on.  But for the most part, lots of cool people and lots of fun to be had.  The lame/shenanigan stuff is brought to us by a relative few... they know who they are and really, are nothing more than mild diversions.  So, thanks to the crew at HTC for giving us this great game. 

Awhile ago I was thinking about the buttload of money I spent early on in Air Warrior and got to comparing the two.  Plenty of pros and cons for each, but the reality is, HTC saved the day for allot of us cartoon Aces.  I'd pay more for AH.

I have a question for HTC.   

1)  Can we have a "hint" as to whether or not there are any new a/c in development.  Not variant models, but completely new?   Like... on the back burner for after the update.  Anything?

2) What the hell ever happened to the submarine idea?

Tumor

P.S.  I mostly posted this for something to read OTHER than HQ killing and 49r crap.  Gettin kinda boring around here.
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Aces High
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2015, 04:28:54 AM »
The plans for the new planes, as well as those for the implementation of submarines, were burned when the 49ers destroyed the HQ in which they were stored.

:noid
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2015, 10:59:25 AM »
We don't have the Beaufighter yet so of course there will be more aircraft.

IIRC HiTech said that for subs you need a 3D ocean and it's on the list somewhere.

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2015, 12:45:57 PM »
ACES HIGH! I will never leave! You will have to throw me out!
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2015, 01:32:55 PM »
Last year when we were in the closed alpha, we had many places while testing that we fell through the world into the under ocean. Sometimes as simple as spawning onto the runway or your GV out into the terrain. Then you would fall through and could look up at the bottom of the world. There were even times jumping from your plane to walk around the terrain ended up under the terrain. For some time trying to spawn on the CV ended up under the water after falling through the CV.

I wonder if that is the 3D water he was talking about.....
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2015, 02:06:19 PM »
Last year when we were in the closed alpha, we had many places while testing that we fell through the world into the under ocean. Sometimes as simple as spawning onto the runway or your GV out into the terrain. Then you would fall through and could look up at the bottom of the world. There were even times jumping from your plane to walk around the terrain ended up under the terrain. For some time trying to spawn on the CV ended up under the water after falling through the CV.

I wonder if that is the 3D water he was talking about.....

Land a plane on water..... you sink...  :noid

Did it the other day
AH Supporter Since Tour 35

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2015, 02:24:17 PM »
 :aok JimmyC  Approved Thread  :aok
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2015, 03:26:13 PM »

Did it the other day

Okay, I bit...  :)  It seems that so far in alpha, the float properties (at least those of FW190) have not been implemented as of yet.  The result from putting down in water now immediately crashes your plane.  Driving into the surf as I was able to do for a very short distance, does however give you a very "new" perspective, where parts of your FW190 are now submerged.  So, Bow has given us half truths..... was a fun experiment anyhow  :cheers:

Offline 49Dallas

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2015, 04:18:31 PM »
The plans for the new planes, as well as those for the implementation of submarines, were burned when the 49ers destroyed the HQ in which they were stored.

:noid

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOO   :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2015, 04:22:41 PM »
Okay, I bit...  :)  It seems that so far in alpha, the float properties (at least those of FW190) have not been implemented as of yet.  The result from putting down in water now immediately crashes your plane.  Driving into the surf as I was able to do for a very short distance, does however give you a very "new" perspective, where parts of your FW190 are now submerged.  So, Bow has given us half truths..... was a fun experiment anyhow  :cheers:

Just tried it again, it is a instant kill. Last time when it happened, i taxied the plane off the end of the dock at port.
AH Supporter Since Tour 35

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2015, 04:31:00 PM »
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2015, 04:55:30 PM »

Did it the other day

Oh my... why yes, the PBY!   :airplane:
                                        \__|__
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 04:57:05 PM by Tumor »
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline JVboob

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2015, 04:36:51 AM »
PBY float plane Zeke the HK8 or H8 or what ever that 4 engined IJN floating bomber with the 20mms. Float planes for the BBs  :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: the options could be fun
"Sighhhhhhhhhh, office closed do to ice for a day, And I miss a thread like this.."HiTech
Armed N Hammered 2002-2003
JG44 Night Hawks/JV44 Butcher Birds 2003-2009
49th Fighter Group fightn' 49ers Feb2012-present
138th FW Tulsa, OK 2009-2015