Author Topic: Patch 81  (Read 2878 times)

Offline earl1937

• Gold Member
P-47-25 and 47N
« Reply #45 on: October 27, 2015, 09:53:01 AM »
 :airplane: nether of which will take off from small field with full fuel and bomb load...I fully understand about payload and distance for take off, but will new customers whom are not pilots understand that? Going to be a lot of crashes! And a building build right on the end of the runway at a medium field?
Blue Skies and wind at my back and wish that for all!!!

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Re: F3 and F8 views in fighters
« Reply #46 on: October 27, 2015, 10:40:32 AM »
:airplane: Are we going to be able to use F3 and F8 in new version of game? Its working that way in Alpha test anyway!

This is always a host setting and can also be enabled if we wish in the current release.

HiTech

Offline earl1937

• Gold Member
Re: Patch 81
« Reply #47 on: October 27, 2015, 12:31:40 PM »
New version up!

And it's still full of stars!
:airplane: Yes, I am a computer dummy! How do I get into night flight in this alpha test?
Skuzzy, don't misunderstand my posts! I know almost nothing about computers, but with 22,876 flight hours, I think I can test fly these aircraft in the game and give a fair assessment of their performance! If me doing that is a waste of your time and mine, let me know! Just trying to help out a great on line game!

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: October 27, 2015, 12:36:52 PM »
How do I get into night flight in this alpha test?

Just change the time while offline.  Bring up the chat window and type

.time 3 30 1

The format is Hour Minute Multiplier, so the above will set your time to 03:30 and run in real time. For some really nice scenery, try .time 5 0 50. And just wait. :)
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #49 on: October 27, 2015, 12:40:54 PM »
I'm sure your input is appreciated Earl.  :aok

This is primarily a graphic's update, the flight models are the same.

The test goals for each patch are listed on the patch download post, just above the Please Read post.

To set night time start offline. Use the dot command .time 3 0 1 to set 3AM. You can also set time offline with the clipboard/options/arena setup/environment/adjust time.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: October 27, 2015, 02:43:20 PM »
Earl,

You can brighten the gunsight from the gunsight application. Pick the B25H pilot position or any gun position. Or any gun position that uses a bitmap for the sight versus you know the gun has only an iron ring. Push the alpha slider all the way to the right.

Options--->preferences--->gunsights

For a really interesting show of time over 24 hours, make sure you spawn facing north and sit on the runway.

.time 5 0 10000

You can stop the show by:

.time 12 0 1
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: October 27, 2015, 02:59:46 PM »
Night time is the right time. No issues. Looks nice! Any chance to get a real looking starry sky over the few maps of real places, as well as something like a Pacific Universal Sky over those maps that look like they could be somewhere over there?
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #52 on: October 27, 2015, 03:03:19 PM »
Earl, read your PM's.  :)

All I did was move your individual posts into the "Patch 81" thread.  This is how we roll.

It keeps us from looking at posts and trying to figure out what patch the comments were made for.

We appreciate everyone's input.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #53 on: October 27, 2015, 04:09:29 PM »
Alls well  :salute

:banana:

Offline earl1937

• Gold Member
« Reply #54 on: October 28, 2015, 09:40:23 AM »
The TE will most likey crash if it opens with out a terrain selected.

Sigh, was the Battle Ship Hack.

HiTech
:airplane: I have screwed up the time setting some way...every arena I go into has a black sky, but daylight on the ground....help!

Offline MachNix

• Nickel Member
« Reply #55 on: October 28, 2015, 10:25:57 AM »
earl1937,

Try ".time 8 0 1" for morning and then set to any daytime times you like.  Going from night to day requires passing through twilight for some reason -- worked for me.

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: October 28, 2015, 11:18:23 AM »
The night sky and much smaller moon look very nice, but the canopy scratches are way overdone.  Considering that the rest of our airplanes are factory-fresh, the scratches should be toned down a bit, IMO.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline earl1937

• Gold Member
« Reply #57 on: October 28, 2015, 02:02:23 PM »
earl1937,

Try ".time 8 0 1" for morning and then set to any daytime times you like.  Going from night to day requires passing through twilight for some reason -- worked for me.
:airplane: thanks will do and I agree about the canopy scratches, they are over "cooked" a bit!

Offline 68falcon

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
      • 68th Lightning Lancers
« Reply #58 on: October 28, 2015, 02:10:52 PM »
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 02:14:11 PM by 68falcon »
Commanding Officer
68th Lightning Lancers
Fear the Reaper no more. Fear the Lancers

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #59 on: October 28, 2015, 04:30:52 PM »
I posted the following in the bug section but, the bug has followed the Yak9 T into the alpha. Yes Waffle this is like my request for the big cocker between our legs in the Yak series.....

Bug found in the Yak9 -t, tracers on off does not work for the NS-37 37mm.

Background on the NS-37 37mm as reported in the Bugs forum:

I'm not sure anyone ever noticed this before.

The Yak9 T when you turn off tracers, the NS-37 still has a tracer in both AH2 and the alpha. With the IL2 the tracers on\off function works.

The NS-37 AP-T round had a tracer, there was no choice of not tracer. The HE round didn't have a tracer. Many sources have confused the rounds developed for the 37x252SR M1939 towed AA as 37x198 37mm NS-37 rounds. The M1939 had a large menu of round types being an AA gun.

The NS-37 had three rounds.

HE \ HEI with no tracer for either. Similar in shape to early M1939 HE-T shells (ogive body) but without tracer.
AP-T with tracer. Penetrated 50mm of armor at 200m.

Seems in the Yak9 T the bug is working backwards. The Yak9 T was only loaded with HE rounds. It could at least be reversed to no tracer with the single UBS 12.7mm using tracers to spot for the 37mm. And for the IL2, ahhh poetic license I guess for our kludge round system, unless the belt is all AP-T. Then there should be no tracer on\off for that NS-37 in the IL2.

The 23x152B 23mm VYa 23mm cannon in the IL2, the AP round did not have a tracer element. It had an incendiary under the nose cap that ignited during impact. Upon penetration into a compartment, you had a combination of tiny round and armor fragments and a high temp burning mist.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.