Author Topic: One heck of a fight!  (Read 601 times)

Offline earl1937

• Gold Member
One heck of a fight!
« on: November 02, 2015, 02:56:38 AM »
 :airplane: Last night we had what I thought was a surprise attack on A149! we were the ones surprised! I don't know the actual count of "red" fighters that jumped us, but it was impressive to say the least! We had 18 bombers, 5 or 6 fighters, most heavy with ords, and we gave a good account of ourselves, but alias, our fate was sealed! I had no less than 6 fighters making passes at me and I got 2 of them, but with that many attacking you, its just a matter of time before you go down!
That brought the true sense of Aces High to the fore front, aerial combat. I don't know how many fighters there actually was that hit us, but a good fight was had by all! <S> to all who jumped us, because I don't think any of our bombers got home and we dropped a few bombs on the target but no where near enough to do any good.
If we can have fights like that often, I can see our membership increasing quickly.
I am sure someone filmed it, or at least I hope they did and would like to see it posted here for all to see! d(Frankly, I was to busy and forgot to film it)
Blue Skies and wind at my back and wish that for all!!!

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Re: One heck of a fight!
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2015, 12:31:15 PM »
I've noticed a pattern. Since he who shall remain nameless exited stage left to terrorize some other venue on the bleeding edge of the exploitation rules. The fights have been picking back up again in the LWMA. Pooping on a community while bragging about getting away with it will make people find their fun in some other location. Here is hoping the word is spreading and they come back to reassume their fun.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2015, 12:55:03 PM »
I feel the same..
The vibe does seem to have changed for the better since some obnoxious elements have been removed..
All for the better I say..
Good riddance to bad rubbish..
Let the quality fight do the talking
<S> JimmyC
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2015, 09:57:47 PM »
I've noticed the same thing Jimmy and Bustr. I guess all those shades made it easy to avoid a fight. I said as much about a week ago.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline 38ruk

• Gold Member
      • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2015, 03:49:56 AM »
It's weird that you mention this. I too have noticed the change in the "atmosphere" lol. 

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2015, 09:01:37 AM »
I had taken a month off to consider whether I wanted to continue playing any more.  Then I thought I would take a couple flights. I knew from that first flight that things had changed.  There were fights that lasted for hours.

Offline tuton25

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2015, 10:23:47 AM »
Even 200 is somewhat more civilized, relatively speaking ...
><))))*> Da Fish is in Da Fight

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2015, 10:44:57 AM »

Indeed!

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2015, 02:02:35 PM »
Oh My!!!!!

We have now discovered a correlation between how people pick verbal fights in public groups, and how much they care about that community's ability to sustain itself other than as the role of victim to their abusive conduct and speech.

In the end they don't care if they kill the community. And if one did accomplish killing our community, that would be his forever woody in his twisted mind. It would be the ultimate ACM accomplishment that no other game ACM master could touch. neiner, neiner, neiner.....   :ahand :confused:

You always ask yourself after the fact, how can someone think and act that way? That is how they get away with it, because you are not looking for it, and then cannot believe it when it happens. Unless you are a kindred spirit.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2015, 02:38:01 PM »
In some respects.  At least one phrase will be seen only 10% of what it use to be "DA?" (followed by the sound of fists pounding on a chest)
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org