Author Topic: Million Mask March in London: Anonymous anti-capitalist protest underway - live  (Read 4647 times)

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
is North Korea to blame?

Who is the blame this month?

I've spun the "Flog of the Month" Spinner.

Oh, Dear... It indicates "ZACK1234". I'm afraid you know what this means. There is this barrel...

On the upside: most days, you can be outside the barrel, enjoying it freely.
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
I pay a lady of low moral standards to put me in barrel and shout expletives at me :old:

It costs £23.56p or £16.60 on bank holidays.
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
Vulcan, you're the biggest devil's advocate on this BBS.   I don't really care what you think to be honest.   The mask and movie are played out.

Masher, You're a grumpy sack, which fits the demographic ( I have some identification) and I'm going to take your point, if not your side.

The quote from Vulcan points out the "irony" of an American complaining about bad films. Recall what irony is, first of all and in one particular def (you'll see the phrase incongruity used in most defs) - a contradiction of literal and figurative meanings. Consider the recent example of a gang of black youths beating a white man senseless over a confederate flag sticker on his (sure enough) pickup truck for a fine example.

I'd note that Vulcan's leveled complaint might make more sense if Masher had somehow endorsed or were involved in the Hollywood practice of making films that are formulaic utter toejame. As is, I think it safe to say that he is not. I also think his assessment of the film in question is pretty accurate. I also find it incongruous to Vulcan's commentary that:
1. V for Vendetta was released by an American company (Warner Bros)
2. It receives an IMdb rating of 8.2 (somebody must've liked it, though it is completely fanciful)
3. looks to be an ridiculous distortion of history in that it draws from the story line of the gunpowder plot and Guy Fawkes et al yet has no other relationship to discernible history.
4. completely distorts who Fawkes was; a Catholic militant

In the end, though, all is well. Fawkes ended up being broken under the interrogators tender ministrations and was executed and dismembered, dispersed throughout the kingdom. 

Bottom line: why do these 99%er astroturf leftists affect this Guy Fawkes mask? It has zero to do with redistribution, historically.

As for Masher, he will write words to the effect of not giving two craps what I think or write - which is okay. I'll just continue hanging around near Scio Church, a road I drive daily on the commute to Dearborn.
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
I pay a lady of low moral standards to put me in barrel and shout expletives at me :old:

It costs £23.56p or £16.60 on bank holidays.

The bank holiday looks to be quite a bargain for you.

Of course, there's no trick in this. Now, if it were a nun and she did it for free, you'd really deserve some kudos.

Speaking of which, I have a little joke, perhaps riddle for you, and I'll put it in "Anglish".

"How does one make a nun pregnant?"

:rofl

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
PJ, you have never met and do not know me.   Nor have I ever had so much as an inkling of interaction with you in game.   The discussion that you hold near and dear to your heart was over handgun laws.   

If you ever want to meet up after work and head to Miller's, I would gladly pick up the tab.   I simply thought the movie was overrated and people hiding behind a mask will never impress me.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
PJ, you have never met and do not know me.   Nor have I ever had so much as an inkling of interaction with you in game.   The discussion that you hold near and dear to your heart was over handgun laws.   

If you ever want to meet up after work and head to Miller's, I would gladly pick up the tab.   I simply thought the movie was overrated and people hiding behind a mask will never impress me.

Fair, Masher... and, honestly, in part, I needled you because I have a sneaking suspicion you're actually a pretty good sort of person. Thanks for confirming. I may take you up on it one day - once I get past the mountain of boxes that resulted from the move out to the place off Scio Church... (no lie, I literally drive that road daily, confirming, probably, your suspicions about me). I barely made the Oct 16 FSO, such was the disorder.

As for the movie, I tried watching it once, thought it was uninteresting. I tend not to like stuff that is unmoored from reality. Thus, I have little trouble with your assessment of the film.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 01:04:04 PM by PJ_Godzilla »

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
My sister used to live off of Kirtland just west of Stadium.   I would park there when my wife had alumni seats before Brandon hiked up prices.

Good luck with the move.    I work in Belleville so my commute is just as fun.

:cheers:
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
My Dad was a nun :old:

He called himself Sister Joan :old:

So how do you get a nun pregnant?

The GFC

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member

So how do you get a nun pregnant?

Raincoat + pushups = old joke

old joke - raincoat = safe way to explain it to Zack.

Online Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
Raincoats are excellent clothing to finding sheep
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
And extremely safe clothing in which to fettle pies...

Online Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
 :rofl

Pips is funny looking

The GFC

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline SysError

• Silver Member
Sys, you're entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts.

http://quotes.liberty-tree.ca/quote/vladimir_lenin_quote_068c

From Wikipedia, under "misattributions" - remind me never to hire you as a researcher:

We will hang the capitalists with the rope that they sell us.
Often attributed to Stalin and Marx, according to the book, "They Never Said It", p. 64, the phrase derives from a rumour that Lenin said this to one of his close associates, Grigori Zinoviev, not long after a meeting of the Politburo in the early 1920s, but there is no evidence that he ever did. It has also been believed that Lenin may have expressed that the profit motive cannot be undone in that "If we were to hang the last capitalist, another would suddenly appear to sell us the rope". Experts on the Soviet Union reject the rope quote as spurious.

Now, can you admit when you're wrong? I should add, looks like I might be as well.

LOL

I would have bet a beer on that!

(I think that I had believed that for 40+ years!)
=======================
SysError

Dante's Crew

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate