Author Topic: A good morning to reflect on college football  (Read 43420 times)

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
Re: A good morning to reflect on college football
« Reply #75 on: November 12, 2015, 06:00:59 PM »
Classes would have improved his English.

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #76 on: November 12, 2015, 06:21:38 PM »
or better coaching...

With the talent OSU has there are no excuses.  He really is a poor coach and Im glad he is in Ohio.

He will go down as another Failed coach.  :old:

Michigan attracted the number one running back recruit for a visit and OSU threatened him so he pulled his commitment.  :aok

U of M is looking at getting the number One player this year as well.  Why? the education at michigan, the culture to develop a good man AND go to the NFL.  :rock

Harbaugh is in position to be a legend.  I think he likes that.  :rock

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #77 on: November 12, 2015, 06:52:05 PM »
Heh!

But . . . I want Ohio State to be an excellent, highly regarded team, yet for Michigan to beat them (of course).  :aok

Offline Plazus

• Gold Member
« Reply #78 on: November 12, 2015, 07:07:34 PM »
Also just gonna put this here
(Image removed from quote.)

With that attitude how the hell is he starting over JT. as someone pointe dout it liooks like the team playes better for him(JT) and while I haven't seen much of Ohios games this year I noticed that was the case last year too.

Cardale's tweet is a classic example of "what you say on the Internet is never forgotten". People of all ages- especially the younger folks finishing up high school- should take note and learn from this. When you say something stupid on the Internet, someday it's going to come back and haunt you. Some things may cost you a potential job when you're out searching for one. Since then Cardale has turned his act around and has worked on maturing and growing up.

I do agree that the OSU offense moves better with JT on the field and the stats support this. I've been advocating for JT to start since the off-season began. I just don't think Cardale has the right type of offensive personnel around him in order to fully succeed. Cardale is more of a traditional pro-style QB whereas JT is more of a read-option spread QB. Because OSU's offense is built and predicated under spread philosophies, JT is the better candidate to lead the offense.
Plazus
80th FS "Headhunters"

Axis vs Allies

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #79 on: November 12, 2015, 09:29:34 PM »
Cardale's tweet is a classic example of "what you say on the Internet is never forgotten". People of all ages- especially the younger folks finishing up high school- should take note and learn from this. When you say something stupid on the Internet, someday it's going to come back and haunt you. Some things may cost you a potential job when you're out searching for one. Since then Cardale has turned his act around and has worked on maturing and growing up.

I do agree that the OSU offense moves better with JT on the field and the stats support this. I've been advocating for JT to start since the off-season began. I just don't think Cardale has the right type of offensive personnel around him in order to fully succeed. Cardale is more of a traditional pro-style QB whereas JT is more of a read-option spread QB. Because OSU's offense is built and predicated under spread philosophies, JT is the better candidate to lead the offense.
Do you think Meyer is starting Cordele because he may be changing his offensive philosophy? I was watching some tv and they brought up the point that so many people now run the spread, that defenses are more adept at defending spread they they are the pro style offenses.
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Plazus

• Gold Member
« Reply #80 on: November 13, 2015, 08:15:36 PM »
That's what I've heard as well. As I understand it, Urban wanted to implement more pro-style packages and play calling to stay one step ahead of the defenses. Adding more wrinkles to the offense is a good way to make opposing defenses feel more pressure in preparing. A bold move on his part but I think he wound up outsmarting himself.

Defenses may be starting to adapt to spread offenses but so far the read-option offense is working well for us. As I see it, if it isn't broke, don't fix it. I do admire Urban wanting to stay one step ahead and I think at one point our offense will need to change in the next few years. That's of course he decides to coach for another ten years.

As for Jim Harbaugh, he's a great hire for TTUN. I admire his love for the game of football and he is a very good and respectable coach.

Thoughts and prayers go out for Lloyd Carr's grandson and their family. He was recently admitted to the hospital and it doesn't bode well with the brain tumor diagnosis.
Plazus
80th FS "Headhunters"

Axis vs Allies

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #81 on: November 21, 2015, 05:53:56 PM »
Ohio! wtf?  who calls your plays?  :bhead

See you next week, loosers.

:devil

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #82 on: November 21, 2015, 08:17:57 PM »
HAve you seen what Elliot said after their loss? I was working , but I kinda see why they didnt use him much; he was in the hospital with a fever of 103 earlier this week. Sometime you have to do what is right for the kid even if the kid don't know any better.
HamHawk
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Biggamer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #83 on: November 21, 2015, 08:19:33 PM »
zeke had 11 carries all game, team is a wounded animal now they don't have a 23 game winning streak hanging over them if they play to their full ability they are still a good team, this is the art of college football you win some you lose some. on to the next game one thing won't change for me , i was buckeye born buckeye bread and i'll be a buckeye when i'm dead. GO BUCKS 
G3-MF

Offline shotgunneeley

• Silver Member
« Reply #84 on: November 21, 2015, 10:06:26 PM »
Bad evening to reflect...

That makes the second time this season our game-winning field goal wound up getting blocked. Not the kicker's fault, line keeps getting blown through. Wish we had that 4th and 1 back where they attempted some 25yd TD bomb  - that hurt big time.

AR - 50 : MS State - 51
« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 11:23:35 PM by shotgunneeley »
"Lord, let us feel pity for Private Jenkins, and sorrow for ourselves, and all the angel warriors that fall. Let us fear death, but let it not live within us. Protect us, O Lord, and be merciful unto us. Amen"-from FALLEN ANGELS by Walter Dean Myers

Game ID: ShtGn (Inactive), Squad: 91st BG

Offline Plazus

• Gold Member
« Reply #85 on: November 21, 2015, 10:43:16 PM »
Biggamer, are you a member of the 11Warriors blog? Your comment above bears a similar statement to one posted on that forum.

Tip of the hat to MSU. They played hard and wanted that win. They wanted that win more than our coaches did and MSU deserves it. Mark Dantonio is a quality coach running a quality program.

I have to agree with Elliot's comments on the coaches play-calling however it is not his place to criticize his coaches- let alone rip on them on national TV. It exudes an image of disrespect and lack of discipline. I personally would not be surprised if the coaches bench him for the upcoming game as punishment. In the end it won't matter too much since he'll be going pro after this season.

I may be over analyzing the players' comments after the game but there appears to be some kind of rift between the players and coaches. All these issues we've been having on the field all seaon long has finally cost us a game. If these problems don't get fixed, it'll cost us another one. It starts with the coaches.
Plazus
80th FS "Headhunters"

Axis vs Allies

Offline Biggamer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #86 on: November 22, 2015, 01:46:01 AM »
no i'm not plazus the only thing i follow them on is bleacher report sir
G3-MF

Offline Xtrepid

• Copper Member
« Reply #87 on: November 22, 2015, 07:17:45 AM »

X  :salute

SHOOT TO THRILL
"We don't hide crazy... we just put it on the front porch and give it a drink"

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #88 on: November 22, 2015, 01:25:43 PM »
HAve you seen what Elliot said after their loss?

:rofl yeah their (jones/elliot) attitude reflects that of their coach, apparently decision making as well.  :rofl

everybody and their brother knew the qb was going to run it, yes their qb!  :rofl  into the strength of the the spartan team.  :rofl

maybe it was the weather as the excuse?  :rofl maybe the unreported sickness?  :rofl

all i know is msu dominated that game. and that game was played by the 7 guys in the middle of the field. 

:old: :old: :old: :old: :old:
               :old:
               :old:
              seven

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #89 on: November 23, 2015, 11:10:34 PM »
  :rock
HamHawk
FSO--JG54