Author Topic: Collision Model  (Read 4678 times)

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Re: Collision Model
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2015, 10:25:58 PM »
Insult noted. :bolt:
No insult.

I am 100% sure you would notice as well, should such a thing be implemented.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Monza2

• Zinc Member
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2015, 09:34:57 AM »
Thank you Gentlemen, first I am not ignorant just not 100% computer wizz-kid. Now the problem has been explained I can, even with my low level of computer knowledge, understand the problem. Perhaps it should be made clear in some way to all players? Perhaps when on-line game is started a message is displayed?
Thank you all for your input.

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2015, 10:05:04 AM »
Thank you Gentlemen, first I am not ignorant just not 100% computer wizz-kid. Now the problem has been explained I can, even with my low level of computer knowledge, understand the problem. Perhaps it should be made clear in some way to all players? Perhaps when on-line game is started a message is displayed?
Thank you all for your input.
I think this should go into an FAQ thread.
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline mussie

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2015, 04:25:57 PM »
I would like to see the collision model changed so that BOTH aircraft would crash it there is a collision. If this happened people would be more careful about how they would join combat and the number of "ho" type attacks would drop. Win Win?

You do understand that no two people see the same thing on their screens right?

If not they DONT...

• If i have two computers setup at home
  • Both running AH
  • On both I have a Hurri 1 flying straight and level
  • Both planes are right next to each other in opposite places on each screen (for the sake of argument)
  • On comp 1 I pull hard right and slam into the plane next to me
  • On Comp two at the exact same moment I pull up
  • On Comp 1 one the planes collide and comp 2 no impact occurs

Now in reality the planes would not be in exact starting positions, when you fly your dog fighting with someone's ghost from half a second in the past, and they are doing the exact same thing.

It gets a little funky when you think about it.

Want a simple example, put your favorite mmo on two computer right next to each other, jump on one computer and watch your character jump, then half a second later (assuming 250 Ping) you see your character jump on the other computer.

The collision model is about making you not want to collide ON YOUR CLIENT

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2015, 06:20:59 PM »
Online games are about people wanting what they want regardless of reason, no matter how many times "no" is explained to them in gory detail.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.