Author Topic: Ping plot after disco  (Read 983 times)

Offline 38ruk

• Gold Member
      • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
Ping plot after disco
« on: November 11, 2015, 02:21:14 AM »
I disco'ed  again last night and could not get back in for a few minutes so ran a ping plot . Another strange thing that happens is when it reconnects for the 1st time it show the whole map worth of bases as being my own country (knits) . In the text buffer there were approximately 10 others complaining the same disconnect and one other saw the whole world worth of  bases on their side too. If i run a longer sample it will show the MA come back to normal and have a good connection.

The other thing i notice is at 8-9 pm est my ping will show as 95-110 ms where as most off peak hours it shows up as 55-65ms depending on the time. The 30- sometimes 70ms jumps is always at the 130.81.162.161 &B200.DLLSTX-LCR-22.verizon-gni.net hop. I dont run norton or anythiing that would impede my connection , my PC is very clean with only AH as its major program .

It runs 25 processes at startup so no bloatware. I do run a router that i am hardwired to but it also has done it hooked directly to the cable modem (TWC 50/5). I have also tried a new intel CT GB pcie nic VS the onboard realtek 8111E GB nic, with out any change. I run them both at 10mb full duplex setting as it seems to help jitter in ping. The onboard actually has less jitter and slightly lower ping  lol.  PC is scanned every other day for malware/ adware, and i manually run MSE for anti virus every week , but none of the programs run in the back ground.  Thanks for any help u can give Skuzzy!

Disco aftermath

normal

Offline 38ruk

• Gold Member
Re: Ping plot after disco
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2015, 12:41:01 AM »
Anything i can go to my ISP with Roy?

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2015, 06:14:47 AM »
I really do not see anything wrong in the second one.  It looks like Verizon had an issue, which I have already filed a trouble ticket for.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline 38ruk

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2015, 02:42:46 PM »
Thanks , I was just curious if the route back to me was screwed up or something along those line . Thanks again.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2015, 03:26:00 PM »
The biggest problem I am seeing is a problem between Alter.net and Verizon.  It has been causing the mass dumps we have been seeing.  Trying to get to the bottom of that problem.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline 38ruk

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2015, 07:31:30 PM »
Yeah , i've noticed that for awhile in the jump in ping i get from the alter /verizon hop, My ping can sometimes double or triple there depending on the night . Most nights im in the 50-60ms range , others i can see 90- 100ms to the LWMA.

Offline 38ruk

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2015, 06:56:02 PM »
Wednesday 750pm est , just some more ammo for ya skuzzy8).

Offline vHACKv

• Copper Member
      • Hack YouTube Channel!
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2015, 04:28:03 PM »
HELP! FSO is tonight and I am trying to be a good squadie

Makes me mad, I am in Plano, TX right around the corner, and I know AT&T is trying to improve bandwidth around here (I.E. they have put me on DirecTV and taken the cable away).

WTF over, see attached <S>

« Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 04:49:41 PM by vHACKv »
Your HQ tears are my fuel

-Starting a profile with your E-mail address while trying to make fun of someone is not a good idea. You will end up with a "V" in front of your name, and we all know only idiots have "V's" in front of their names. (you can't ever change your profile name)

Offline 38ruk

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2015, 07:58:02 PM »
That suck , but the only one that can fix that is your service provider. Id call tech support at AT&T pronto cause it starts right at your modem. Bandwidth in AH really doesnt matter , i'd much rather have a solid steady dialup ping of 150 than a 50mbit speed dsl or cable that has packet loss or a large amount of variance.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2015, 06:05:00 AM »
HELP! FSO is tonight and I am trying to be a good squadie

Makes me mad, I am in Plano, TX right around the corner, and I know AT&T is trying to improve bandwidth around here (I.E. they have put me on DirecTV and taken the cable away).

WTF over, see attached <S>

Not much we can do about it.  The problem starts right at your Internet connection.  You might try power cycling the router/modem.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2015, 12:33:41 PM »
You might try power cycling the router/modem.

While you're at it, you might also want to try refreshing the networking gear in your computer: Download the newest drivers for your networking card, don't install them yet though. Go to device manager and uninstall the networking card. Yes, down and dirty, but it cleans a lot of junk in one pass! Open the administrator's command prompt and type "netsh winsock reset catalog" followed by hitting Enter. Reboot. Install the network card drivers you previously downloaded (if necessary).
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline 38ruk

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2015, 05:06:00 PM »
Not much we can do about it.  The problem starts right at your Internet connection.  You might try power cycling the router/modem.

Quick question Skuzzy, when someone has packet loss that early in the trace does the AH server not show any packet loss because it never knew the packet was sent cause it was lost so early? Looking at Hacks ping plots with the packet loss at the first hops , his graph to the MA shows no loss. I suspect my guess above is right but just wanted to ask a network guy. Thanks!

Offline vHACKv

• Copper Member
      • Hack YouTube Channel!
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2015, 12:38:19 PM »
So 2 & 3 on the ping plotter are me? This is a newish problem, nothing has changed on my setup.

Yup, everything is up to date, I have reset everything. Do this multiple times a day when I am home (which is most days lately). AT&T knows about this, they are "working" on it, however I suspect that is just the aversion training kicking in.

This problem has made the game almost un-playable. My issue is stability it will ping 33-34 then up to the 400s, my graphs in the game look crazy. This makes ever hitting anyone almost impossible, or I will just strait lose a guy in a turn fight. Sigh.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 12:51:46 PM by vHACKv »

-Starting a profile with your E-mail address while trying to make fun of someone is not a good idea. You will end up with a "V" in front of your name, and we all know only idiots have "V's" in front of their names. (you can't ever change your profile name)

Offline vHACKv

• Copper Member
      • Hack YouTube Channel!
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2015, 05:23:44 PM »
By the way I would never ask for your help Skuzzy, without turning it off and then on again first.  :salute

Offline 38ruk

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2015, 11:35:59 PM »
So 2 & 3 on the ping plotter are me? This is a newish problem, nothing has changed on my setup.

Yup, everything is up to date, I have reset everything. Do this multiple times a day when I am home (which is most days lately). AT&T knows about this, they are "working" on it, however I suspect that is just the aversion training kicking in.

This problem has made the game almost un-playable. My issue is stability it will ping 33-34 then up to the 400s, my graphs in the game look crazy. This makes ever hitting anyone almost impossible, or I will just strait lose a guy in a turn fight. Sigh.

Hop 2 is you dsl modem , hop1 is your router (or they might be the same device if it a modem /router combo ) Looking at your 2nd ping plot it showed packet loss from your PC to your router ( private ip 192 ). That is unusual in my experience. Could mean a bad network cable , nic driver , config issue or host of other things.

Also the 1st hop ping gets as high as 149ms in the history as well, that connection should a whole lot better than that IMHO, as it is your own internal network that doesnt have to travel outside your house (mine is a constant 0ms). It could be that the router cant keep up with the amount of devices that are connected to it , or ISP's do sometimes supply crap modem/router combo's.  If it were me , i'd bypass the router completely and plug your pc directly to the modem just to cut the router out of the equation.  Are you connecting to the router by WIFI by any chance?

The second hop is your public IP that comes from your ISP and given directly to your modem. You can't really change much there except make sure your connections are good and it's on as close to a direct line to the AT&T box on or in the house . If possible make sure any splitters and phones are installed in the line after the modem .  I've never had DSL but that is how i believe you can help yourself a bit while waiting on AT&T to do something . 

Hop 3 is beyond your control as it is in your ISP's network .  my 2 cents   <S>