Author Topic: LW 12 hour campaign  (Read 1486 times)

Offline Mar

• Gold Member
Re: LW 12 hour campaign
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2015, 10:18:08 AM »
Well, when you basically tell them to, yeah...
𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝒽𝒶𝒹𝑜𝓌𝓈 𝑜𝒻 𝓌𝒶𝓇'𝓈 𝓅𝒶𝓈𝓉 𝒶 𝒹𝑒𝓂𝑜𝓃 𝑜𝒻 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒶𝒾𝓇 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝑒𝓈 𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑔𝓇𝒶𝓋𝑒

"Onward to the land of kings—via the sky of aces!"
  Oh, and zack1234 rules. :old:

Offline ARSNishi

• Copper Member
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2015, 11:18:52 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)
the delusionally narcissistic attire seems altogether appropriate.....  the shoe fits.....    :aok

Fighter Ace vet lured to the dark side, a.k.a..  -AoM-  Fear the Mighty Mitsubishi Mounted Muppet!

Nishizwa in game, Nish or Nishi will work too

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2015, 11:26:41 PM »
Well, when you basically tell them to, yeah...
:salute I did tell them to

Maybe its just a game to some but AH is not just a game to me. It requires a desire to learn a skill and dedication to maintain that skill which in of itself requires a huge investment of time and energy. Everyone in this game once having acquired a certain skill set tend to play and view the game based on their personality. For myself I love helping the team. It takes a team to accomplish something greater than what I can do on my own. I love seeing those around me win. Overtime I have become jaded, resenting the lack of overall resolve by the player base. I sure havent helped myself diving deeper into my addiction of alcohol during gameplay and my nightly rants on bbs while significantly intoxicated which recently lead to my temporary banning on bbs and being muted in game.  :uhoh

Thing is there is no sanity in the overall player base. Listening to the complaints of dozens upon dozens of players over the years for this problem and that, listening to people complain that no one is willing to do what it takes yet those very people contribute to that problem themselves.... ya I have lost it. So awhile back I decided I would find a way to do it on my own. I am lucky to have the few friends I have in this game because those people have both the desire to do whatever it take to get the job done and know how to do it very well.

I AM that guy who when I dedicate my own time can make a significant impact on the overall war effort and have been doing it for several years now. Only until the last year and a half have I allowed my reputation to become what I want this community to view me as. My antics are deliberate. Its my way of doing things. If what I do in game is frowned apon then when I point it out on bbs if people dont like it then I am doing something right. All this respect and honor crap most of you hold dear to on bbs is hilarious.

The only thing that matters is what you produce. All that respect and nice guy stuff means nothing when you fail. Waste 30 minutes of a half a dozen peoples time enough and it gets rather old quickly. I support my team every second I play and I have become darn good at it over the years. Im not the best nor have ever said that. There are some who far surpass my current skills but I am always aiming for that mark. It shows in what I do in this game. 9 out of 10 times I cant do it alone and I am greatful for both the support of those who help and the opportunity to help others when they need it. I can sqwash all the other BS it hasnt done me any favors.  :aok
393rd Bombardment Squadron

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2015, 10:13:17 AM »

Maybe its just a game to some but AH is not just a game to me. It requires a desire to learn a skill and dedication to maintain that skill which in of itself requires a huge investment of time and energy. Everyone in this game once having acquired a certain skill set tend to play and view the game based on their personality. For myself I love helping the team. It takes a team to accomplish something greater than what I can do on my own. I love seeing those around me win. Overtime I have become jaded, resenting the lack of overall resolve by the player base. I sure havent helped myself diving deeper into my addiction of alcohol during gameplay and my nightly rants on bbs while significantly intoxicated which recently lead to my temporary banning on bbs and being muted in game.  :uhoh

Thing is there is no sanity in the overall player base. Listening to the complaints of dozens upon dozens of players over the years for this problem and that, listening to people complain that no one is willing to do what it takes yet those very people contribute to that problem themselves.... ya I have lost it. So awhile back I decided I would find a way to do it on my own. I am lucky to have the few friends I have in this game because those people have both the desire to do whatever it take to get the job done and know how to do it very well.

I AM that guy who when I dedicate my own time can make a significant impact on the overall war effort and have been doing it for several years now. Only until the last year and a half have I allowed my reputation to become what I want this community to view me as. My antics are deliberate. Its my way of doing things. If what I do in game is frowned apon then when I point it out on bbs if people dont like it then I am doing something right. All this respect and honor crap most of you hold dear to on bbs is hilarious.

The only thing that matters is what you produce. All that respect and nice guy stuff means nothing when you fail. Waste 30 minutes of a half a dozen peoples time enough and it gets rather old quickly. I support my team every second I play and I have become darn good at it over the years. Im not the best nor have ever said that. There are some who far surpass my current skills but I am always aiming for that mark. It shows in what I do in this game. 9 out of 10 times I cant do it alone and I am greatful for both the support of those who help and the opportunity to help others when they need it. I can sqwash all the other BS it hasnt done me any favors.  :aok

Wizz, I don't think its you style of game play that is an issue, after all it is one large sandbox and we all play the way we want. I think it is your constant harping on how "good" you are and "how much a help" you are for your team and so on. How many other threads do you see here of people posting play by play of dame near every flight they take? Of how many builds didn't move out of the way and so got destroyed? Of how many guys they vulch on the runway with their divebombing tactics in a heavy bomber? This constant bombardment of "twittle" on the boards and in the text buffer is what finally pushes people to just ignore/squelch you or in some cases "attack" you here and in game.

If that is the "persona" you wish to put forth, good luck and I'll add you back to the ignore/squelch list as I don't want to have my limited fun time screwed up by the constant harassment, as many other will also. If on the other hand this ISNT the persona your aiming for all you have to do is tune down your text/posting antics. The choice is yours.

Good luck.

Offline Mar

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2015, 11:38:31 AM »

Ok, why imply that you don't like it?

All this respect and honor crap most of you hold dear to on bbs is hilarious.

See how far you get in life without respect, then we'll talk.

As far as the gameplay goes however, IMHO this is where you screwed up:

The only thing that matters is what you produce. All that respect and nice guy stuff means nothing when you fail. Waste 30 minutes of a half a dozen peoples time enough and it gets rather old quickly.

I used to think like that for a while too, but I've learned something over the years: Where there is a winner, there is a loser.

Riddle me this: If the winner does not have any of that respect and nice guys stuff, why would the loser want to keep playing with him? Eventually you will end up the sole winner, but it will be with the most empty feeling you've ever felt in your life. For what do we truly have, but each other?

And by the way, there are plenty of people in the world that will tell you just playing video games is a complete waste of time, it hasn't gotten old for us though. :D

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2015, 12:45:59 PM »
Wizz, I don't think its you style of game play that is an issue, after all it is one large sandbox and we all play the way we want. I think it is your constant harping on how "good" you are and "how much a help" you are for your team and so on. How many other threads do you see here of people posting play by play of dame near every flight they take? Of how many builds didn't move out of the way and so got destroyed? Of how many guys they vulch on the runway with their divebombing tactics in a heavy bomber? This constant bombardment of "twittle" on the boards and in the text buffer is what finally pushes people to just ignore/squelch you or in some cases "attack" you here and in game.

If that is the "persona" you wish to put forth, good luck and I'll add you back to the ignore/squelch list as I don't want to have my limited fun time screwed up by the constant harassment, as many other will also. If on the other hand this ISNT the persona your aiming for all you have to do is tune down your text/posting antics. The choice is yours.

Good luck.

Wizz it would be a good idea for you to take this advice.

You have been posting "Look at me" "Look at me" "Look at me" posts a lot.

You would be much better off if you tone it down about 99.9% less.

HiTech

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2015, 01:56:28 PM »

HiTech

Actually,  THIS is the advice to be followed.  ;)
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2015, 11:21:48 PM »

HiTech
Some people flame threads I have been flaming your forum.

This thread along with many others has never been about me? I made this thread to show the community what took place on Oct. 28, 2015 and with previous threads what takes place in this game. For people who research the game before playing normally they visit the forums. When I first started posting threads that highlight what takes place in the game years ago they were met with flames despite the shear lack of what takes place on the forums.

The forums 99% of the time in the past are usually dead of what is happening in the game. Player input really attracts people to a game. Especially one as hard as this game is to learn. Along with many other threads when I post something like this its to describe what takes place outside of the normal activity I see, what makes this game great to me. It is only when people go on the attack that I point things out like what I do. Trust me I can go back years where this happens.

What started this whole mess HiTech was when I started posting about the 49er raids on HQ. Thats when I turned. Many players thought I was bragging about myself when in fact I had little to nothing to do with what they did. I have supported them on a few missions but never in a way that deserved getting branded what I was. Your lack of action lead to a big mess both in game and on the forums in regards to HQ. The 49erz and myself have done this game a favor. HQ was a problem that needed to be fixed and its fixed now! :bolt:

It was after many times of bashing by members on BBS that I decided I would play a game. So far it has worked in my favor despite your opinion of the situation. Not one of you can even recollect where any of this began. All you know is the last few months of my ranting antics. As I have stated before I havent helped myself many times recently with my drunken rants but that was all apart of the game.

The egocentric disease within this community has lead to dozens apon dozens, if not hundreds of players leaving. What you all have been witnessing is my way of showing you how it looks from my perspective. Unfortunately this community is what I thought it is. To get this reaction from you sir is priceless. Fire with Fire.
:neener:

You can ban a player who pisses off your faithful paying customers by running his big mouth but this wont solve the problem. Eventually the foundation i.e. the remaining community of this game will once again push everyone away with time. I hope that AH3 works they way we all hope it should but you cant cure the biggest problem of them all....

« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 11:27:21 PM by Wizz »
393rd Bombardment Squadron

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2015, 11:36:36 PM »

Offline Mar

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2015, 12:38:33 AM »
<image>

Too late.

I've heard this situation described before. Something like a guy going on a delusional rampage and in the end claims he was conducting a "social experiment" and that he was correct about what the people's reaction would be.

Congratulations Wizz, you actually managed to figure out that if you act like a potato peeler, you get treated like a potato peeler!

Offline Xtrepid

• Copper Member
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2015, 07:14:20 AM »
Wizz, use this as your new avatar...

SHOOT TO THRILL
"We don't hide crazy... we just put it on the front porch and give it a drink"

Online Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2015, 03:24:47 PM »
Can't defend "stupid", stop trying.

Offline Peanut1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2015, 05:49:54 PM »
Some people flame threads I have been flaming your forum.

This thread along with many others has never been about me? I made this thread to show the community what took place on Oct. 28, 2015 and with previous threads what takes place in this game. For people who research the game before playing normally they visit the forums. When I first started posting threads that highlight what takes place in the game years ago they were met with flames despite the shear lack of what takes place on the forums.

The forums 99% of the time in the past are usually dead of what is happening in the game. Player input really attracts people to a game. Especially one as hard as this game is to learn. Along with many other threads when I post something like this its to describe what takes place outside of the normal activity I see, what makes this game great to me. It is only when people go on the attack that I point things out like what I do. Trust me I can go back years where this happens.

What started this whole mess HiTech was when I started posting about the 49er raids on HQ. Thats when I turned. Many players thought I was bragging about myself when in fact I had little to nothing to do with what they did. I have supported them on a few missions but never in a way that deserved getting branded what I was. Your lack of action lead to a big mess both in game and on the forums in regards to HQ. The 49erz and myself have done this game a favor. HQ was a problem that needed to be fixed and its fixed now! :bolt:

It was after many times of bashing by members on BBS that I decided I would play a game. So far it has worked in my favor despite your opinion of the situation. Not one of you can even recollect where any of this began. All you know is the last few months of my ranting antics. As I have stated before I havent helped myself many times recently with my drunken rants but that was all apart of the game.

The egocentric disease within this community has lead to dozens apon dozens, if not hundreds of players leaving. What you all have been witnessing is my way of showing you how it looks from my perspective. Unfortunately this community is what I thought it is. To get this reaction from you sir is priceless. Fire with Fire.
:neener:

You can ban a player who pisses off your faithful paying customers by running his big mouth but this wont solve the problem. Eventually the foundation i.e. the remaining community of this game will once again push everyone away with time. I hope that AH3 works they way we all hope it should but you cant cure the biggest problem of them all....
You sir.. Are a grade a idiot.

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2015, 05:31:58 AM »
Wizz, there are so many levels of problems with this last line of "reasoning" that its hard to know where to begin the critique. In cases like this, you need a strategy.

Back when I was a young pup to the BBS, I came in a little recklessly. After all, I'd been a member of 1 other bbs; an alumni site in which everyone (practically) already knew each other. There were no formal rules there. I figured this would be something like that. That assumption was wrong and, as a result, I got suspended a couple of times and had several very funny posts scrubbed (its a pity I didn't save them) for a number of reasons.

I always say that there is a clear defining characteristic that separates a true bunghole from a guy who's just being a bunghole as a hobby: the ability to examine one's own behavior. Interestingly enough, this last is a feature of many of the twelve steps programs extant out there (just in case you're having an alcohol issue - a thing you cited in your post) and really helps any number of people to straighten out their lives.

It was after that second suspension I did just what I cited above; examined my own behavior. It was at this point that I quickly concluded that I was being overly familiar and a little presumptuous. I further went on to ask myself a couple of questions. What was I trying to get form the game? What was I trying to get from my interactions on the bbs? Were my actions aligned to my goals?

Try that. See if it helps.
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.