Author Topic: Can we please...  (Read 7054 times)

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
Re: Can we please...
« Reply #105 on: December 01, 2015, 12:01:04 PM »
Which planes do you fly into puffy?

Jug
Corsair

...and I've seen N1K2's tool around in it as well.

"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #106 on: December 01, 2015, 12:16:44 PM »
Puffy should be reworked, period.  As far as the 5" from the OP, the beginning and end of the conversation should be "is it how it worked IRL?"

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #107 on: December 01, 2015, 12:18:03 PM »
Tumor is right, that's how 5" works. There are no actual shells flying, but there's a box around the enemy plane in which the burts will explode randomly. The size of the box depends on speed and the amount of g the plane pulls.
While the puffy stops shooting at an enemy once a plane friendly to the ack will get to 1k or closer, this friendly can still be hit by his 'own' puffy ack when he's at the very limit of that distance. It's just unlikely.

Good and thanks, Lusche, for your recall and for couching it in the same language you used initially. You puzzled me with your earlier assertion - but apparently did not forget (either).
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #108 on: December 01, 2015, 07:14:36 PM »
Jug
Corsair

...and I've seen N1K2's tool around in it as well.

You fly into puffy ack purposely? Lol
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #109 on: December 01, 2015, 09:10:09 PM »
You fly into puffy ack purposely? Lol

Kinda hard to dive-bomb a CV from outside Puffy... aint it?  I mean, I can sling a bomb a long way, but that's ridiculous.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #110 on: December 02, 2015, 10:05:54 AM »
Kinda hard to dive-bomb a CV from outside Puffy... aint it?  I mean, I can sling a bomb a long way, but that's ridiculous.

You dive into CV ack purposely believing you can sink a CV with a fighter?  You're dismissed lol.

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #111 on: December 02, 2015, 10:38:38 AM »
Dismissed? No, he's Tumor, and he's pretty good in-game, from what I've had the misfortune of seeing.

I might change my handle to "Chancre".
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #112 on: December 02, 2015, 12:37:07 PM »
You dive into CV ack purposely believing you can sink a CV with a fighter? 

Did I say that?  I know that most players don't think any further than the path of least resistance.  I'm not one of them. 

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #113 on: December 02, 2015, 12:41:05 PM »
Dismissed? No, he's Tumor, and he's pretty good in-game, from what I've had the misfortune of seeing.

You might also change it to buttout.   :aok

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #114 on: December 02, 2015, 12:44:10 PM »

Well I wouldn't go THAT far...

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #115 on: December 02, 2015, 12:44:18 PM »
Did I say that?  I know that most players don't think any further than the path of least resistance.  I'm not one of them.

I was interested in how you fly in game.  That is all.  Now I know that you will never, ever complain about ack accuracy because you purposely fly into it with little or no chance of singular success. To know it and do it anyway isn't smart.  It's not about least resistance...it's about the possibility of success.  To me.

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #116 on: December 02, 2015, 12:45:23 PM »

No need to get all testy now....  I don't recall this being a private conversation.

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #117 on: December 02, 2015, 12:55:17 PM »
I was interested in how you fly in game.  That is all.  Now I know that you will never, ever complain about ack accuracy because you purposely fly into it with little or no chance of singular success. To know it and do it anyway isn't smart.  It's not about least resistance...it's about the possibility of success.  To me.

You want me to fly ~your game~.  Good luck with that.

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #118 on: December 02, 2015, 01:15:15 PM »

I might, but not until I draw a little heat.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #119 on: December 02, 2015, 01:29:44 PM »
No need to get all testy now....  I don't recall this being a private conversation.

If you need help, lemme know, lol