Author Topic: My "This game has become junk" rant.  (Read 18417 times)

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
Re: My "This game has become junk" rant.
« Reply #75 on: November 24, 2015, 07:53:14 AM »
I have been around other players on this map who cant see the water & yet I don't have this issue. A setting is off maybe for these people or they just have a crappy system?
I think it's "Detail Water" that needs to be turned on.  It's not a bug, it's a feature from what I have read.   It's not a hard hit to your system either. 
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #76 on: November 24, 2015, 08:29:13 AM »
I think it's "Detail Water" that needs to be turned on.  It's not a bug, it's a feature from what I have read.   It's not a hard hit to your system either.

Mine is always on so a simple fix then for those with issues.

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #77 on: November 24, 2015, 08:30:05 AM »
I don't remember the exact numbvers at the moment, I came across it on some of the northern bases that have a river nearby and water on them.
These water surfaces are only visible if you have the advanced options on.
TY.

Offline seano

• Copper Member
« Reply #78 on: November 24, 2015, 01:53:21 PM »
To the original poster.  You can't whine because others don't play the game the same as you. 

Offline TW9

• Silver Member
      • http://www.tedwilliams.com
« Reply #79 on: November 24, 2015, 10:17:01 PM »
To the original poster.  You can't whine because others don't play the game the same as you.

Sure he can, in fact, he did. And its a valid gripe (whine) considering a lot of people (myself included) have quit because of this same reason. I find more joy playing apps on my phone than what AH currently offers. This coming from someone who'd play for hours, daily when it was good.  :bolt:
Quote from: sax
The community lacks personality , thank #@# for TW9 or
there would'nt even be anyone --------- left .
Quote from: Krusty
Edit2: BAN the ass-hat. That's not skuzzy, that's a tard named TW9

Offline keeler

• Zinc Member
« Reply #80 on: November 25, 2015, 09:38:19 AM »
I find more joy playing apps on my phone than what AH currently offers.  :bolt:

Sadly this is the state of PC gaming in general. The biggest PC game on the planet lost 5 mil subs this year (WOW).  Alltho WOW and AH share little more than a common platform and a subscription to play . Mobile is likely the future of all games. AH ported to a mobile platform if only for GV ground battles would be a huge success IMO.  Cause everone has a smart/ipad.

In a world of Free2play and pay to win the monthly SUB model has also taken a big hit. In game Microtransaction are the norm. AH could offer such things Perk Points for sale which in turn you cold trade x  points for a month sub. A lot of players wouldn't like this but it is the way of the gaming world now
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 09:47:09 AM by keeler »
332viking
56th FG 62nd FS

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #81 on: November 25, 2015, 02:01:51 PM »
Sadly this is the state of PC gaming in general. The biggest PC game on the planet lost 5 mil subs this year (WOW).  Alltho WOW and AH share little more than a common platform and a subscription to play . Mobile is likely the future of all games. AH ported to a mobile platform if only for GV ground battles would be a huge success IMO.  Cause everone has a smart/ipad.

In a world of Free2play and pay to win the monthly SUB model has also taken a big hit. In game Microtransaction are the norm. AH could offer such things Perk Points for sale which in turn you cold trade x  points for a month sub. A lot of players wouldn't like this but it is the way of the gaming world now

Or............... they could roll out AH3 and continue with the modest number of HAPPY players that enjoy this type of platform.  I do agree there are some are some areas that could benefit in numbers if they were able to use other gaming platforms, but at what cost? 

Quality or Quantity I have to say.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #82 on: November 25, 2015, 02:13:45 PM »
Or............... they could roll out AH3 and continue with the modest number of HAPPY players that enjoy this type of platform.  I do agree there are some are some areas that could benefit in numbers if they were able to use other gaming platforms, but at what cost? 

Quality or Quantity I have to say.

HOTAS, pedals, head tracking, 60 or better FPS, and hopefully VR in the near future.  That's not something that tablets/phones can provide at the moment.  Sub/F2P, a change there would likely improve numbers.

Casual tablet games are popular and that's great, but there are people who want something like this too.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline TW9

• Silver Member
      • http://www.tedwilliams.com
« Reply #83 on: November 26, 2015, 09:29:15 AM »

I sold my wow account at the end of MoP. Got almost 1k between my 3 main characters. Im glad I did. But in WoWs defense a lot of the players they "lost" hopped on board for the new expansion then left. WoW is too much of a time (f-word). Have to put a lot of hours into it if you want to be good at it, gear wise. It's not a game you can play casually, so I wouldn't put it in the same category as AH where everyone is playing with the same "gear" and the only difference being skill level.
Quote from: sax
The community lacks personality , thank #@# for TW9 or
there would'nt even be anyone --------- left .
Quote from: Krusty
Edit2: BAN the ass-hat. That's not skuzzy, that's a tard named TW9

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #84 on: November 26, 2015, 11:14:56 AM »
Have to put a lot of hours into it if you want to be good at it, gear wise. It's not a game you can play casually, so I wouldn't put it in the same category as AH where everyone is playing with the same "gear" and the only difference being skill level.

You're correct in the above, this game doesn't force you to grind for gear/planes, which puts it head and shoulders above WT for that alone, warts and all.

However, if you want to be decent at this game, most people have to put in the time to build the skills.  Depending on peoples' capability and talents, this can either be easy, or extremely time consuming.  And much like in WOW, many people are content to just play for fun, not try to be the bestest firstest, and play at their level of skill.

The commonality between this and games like WoW is they take some kind of commitment to be good at/succeed at.  The number of people who are willing to commit significant time to a game is dwindling rapidly, as can be seen by the rise of casual gaming on the phone/tablet.  The majority of people aren't willing to lay out money for a decent computer and all the gear for a game like this.  I think that's the single biggest factor in why games like this are falling off.

*glances over at Star Citizen*  Ok, yeah.  I'll grant the point that's wildly popular, but it's also a huge, fondly remembered franchise and I think once it goes gold, there's going to be a metric buttload of disappointment and player dropoff in that game.

A phone/tablet F2P simplified GV game would likely be more widely popular than the current game, but it wouldn't be the same game.  May as well compare Fallout 4 to original Doom.  The broad strokes are the same, but the actual gameplay is vastly different.  A lot of people who enjoy AH wouldn't want to play some arcadelike fighter plane shooter on a tablet, just for the controls alone.

A game like this and a casual tablet game just can't coexist in the same space.  They could be two excellent separate games, but they won't mingle well, as can be seen by the wild number of complaints about certain control schems being superior in the games that try to split the difference like WT and Star Citizen.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #85 on: November 27, 2015, 04:49:47 AM »

Another perfect example of people logged in and not playing during off hours, but the ENY doesn't know the difference. Just because some are too lazy or greedy to log out, the entire side is punished. It's ENY turned inside out when the least amount of players are restricted and the many are rewarded. Why can't it be based on the amount in the air, not in the tower? This is exactly the kind of thing I've been complaining about. We're forced to up inferior planes and tanks then are cannon/bomb fodder for a few that run up their score. No wonder the numbers and gameplay stink. Why can't you do something as simple as changing ENY from logged in to in flight? :headscratch:

My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #86 on: November 27, 2015, 05:01:26 AM »
It just gets better. Can't even up a Wirble to defend because of ENY.

Thanks HTC for taking care of your customers.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #87 on: November 27, 2015, 06:04:57 AM »
More of the same... :rolleyes:

Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline VuduVee

• Nickel Member
« Reply #88 on: November 27, 2015, 03:24:07 PM »
Same thing again tonight, except it was the Knights that were fighting Rooks and ignoring Bish. Apparently one sided battles are the new normal for AH. 

haha, pretty funny RPM, how you worded that. instead of saying the truth, which is, knits and bish ganging the rooks. you write "knights were fighting rooks". why not say what it is? its 2v1 with numbers and ganging, hording and running.  hurts your case to tell the truth doesnt it? it exposes that truth doesnt it? so you conveniently and deceptively leave that out. this post and your original post are nothing but pure hypocrisy. bish are the exact epitome of everyone of your gripes.

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #89 on: November 27, 2015, 03:59:50 PM »
Because it's not just gang the Bish. Thought I made that clear. But, it does seem to happen to Bish more than the others. Using the AW system of limiting aircraft from a single field would alleviate that for all sides equally.
Stay thirsty my friends.