Author Topic: Patch 87  (Read 2894 times)

Offline Odee

• Gold Member
      • 49th Fighter Group
Re: Patch 87
« Reply #90 on: December 02, 2015, 11:16:46 PM »
I suppose it could be Avast but Skuzzy would know what to do.

Thanks for the tips and suggestions, Easycor.   :salute
I disabled Avast for an hour and the DL and install worked perfectly.  Now to relearn the game, settings, and all that jazz.  Should be flying again as Odee.
~Nobodee~   Get Poached!
Elite: Dangerous ~ Cmd Odeed

http://www.luxlibertas.com/

Offline Odee

• Gold Member
      • 49th Fighter Group
« Reply #91 on: December 02, 2015, 11:20:03 PM »
Have you tried downloading Aces High from the home page or are you just interested in the alpha test?

I have not, Sir.  I am interested in getting back in the better game of WW2 sims.  Warbirds is just plain stale as last decades Twinkies, with little to no action.  AH at least keeps on keeping on and listens to the player base.  Thanks for the feedback too.  <S> :aok
Now to get back in the saddle of my trusty P-38 and bang off some rust from these old hands.
~Nobodee~   Get Poached!

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #92 on: December 03, 2015, 12:13:38 AM »
OK what you probably want is the current version of AH from the download site. http://www.hitechcreations.com/downloads/downloads-game

The alpha test is fun too but the action is mostly in the AI missions.   
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 12:15:28 AM by FLS »

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #93 on: December 03, 2015, 12:15:37 AM »
Welcome back Odee,
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #94 on: December 03, 2015, 12:19:28 AM »
OK what you probably want is the current version of AH from the download site. http://www.hitechcreations.com/downloads/downloads-game

The alpha test is fun too but the action is mostly in the AI missions.

That's all true of course, but the prurdy stuff is in the Alpha.  :D
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #95 on: December 03, 2015, 03:51:55 AM »
Odee,

Looking at that file, it was dated 2011.  Probably, a throwback to the times when they were testing the miles sound system and new water reflection, yada-yada. 

Yes, read the sticky above carefully.  Some of the important things to note:  don't link to the download file anywhere else, agree that you understand that the alpha content is there for testing purposes and final release may differ, realize that 1GB of dedicated video RAM is where minimum requirements for alpha is currently.

Offline Odee

• Gold Member
      • 49th Fighter Group
« Reply #96 on: December 03, 2015, 12:48:50 PM »
Odee,

Looking at that file, it was dated 2011.  Probably, a throwback to the times when they were testing the miles sound system and new water reflection, yada-yada. 

Yes, read the sticky above carefully.  Some of the important things to note:  don't link to the download file anywhere else, agree that you understand that the alpha content is there for testing purposes and final release may differ, realize that 1GB of dedicated video RAM is where minimum requirements for alpha is currently.

Thanks for the feedback, Chilli.  My sys specs are: Intel Core i7 at 2.67 ghz.  6gb RAM GT-740 2gb video and a ton of hard drive space free.  Monitor could be a little larger, but hey, it's a 5 year old PC so...  :old:
~Nobodee~   Get Poached!

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #97 on: December 03, 2015, 04:29:44 PM »
Avast seems so hit and miss across PC's.

I'm running the free version with no download problems including it detecting the game is running and not interfering with it.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #98 on: December 04, 2015, 12:28:48 PM »
I keep forgetting to mention this until I test the 17lb on my 4 mile tank gunnery range.

The 17lb needs a gunsight please.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #99 on: December 05, 2015, 03:46:38 AM »
Mission arena, return of the terrain change bug.  This time the terrain changed about 2 minutes into the A20 bomber mission.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #100 on: December 05, 2015, 04:29:52 PM »
Will the battle ship be it's own task group like the CV since it candle sticks like a CV? Screen pics from the gunnery terrain. I have several task groups traveling so ship to ship gunnery can be practiced.

Battle Ship Candle Stick.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #101 on: December 06, 2015, 09:37:06 AM »
There is a lighting bug with the patch 87 alpha skin viewer. The Light Direction slider works correctly until the diffuse light is coming from exactly to the left or right of the object being viewed. However as soon as the light source moves slightly below the horizontal plane the diffuse lighting is switched off.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #102 on: December 06, 2015, 08:34:28 PM »
FOV 105
Monitor 24" 1920x1080
Mode 1024
Town elevation 2000ft

Steel frame bridges in town still fading out when very close to them. When your GV is on the bridge bed, it wavers cyclically in and out.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #103 on: December 06, 2015, 09:19:38 PM »
One thing that has always puzzled me. With all the abilities in the GUI options, we can't change the games' CBM text or icon sizes for bases and strat. Whether it's a 512 map, or a busy 128 AvA map, the icons and text can start to overwrite each other.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline 715

• Silver Member
Misc Beta3 terrain bugs
« Reply #104 on: December 10, 2015, 07:51:24 PM »
Some misc. bugs in Beta3 terrain (offline):

Howe truss bridges leading to HQ have trees growing on them.  Lemon trees on one and (Am. Ash?) on the other (Fig. 1).

At high speed you can drive a Jeep through both single trunk Lemon trees, especially the thin trunk one.  Can also drive through the tree in Fig. 1 (Am. Ash?) at any speed (and anywhere, not just the one on the bridge).  It doesn't appear to have any collision map.  I couldn't find any other trees you can drive through.

The Cedar Tree (?) acts a bit weird: at distance, in side light or back light, it's bright yellow/green, but as you drive closer it starts to darken to dark green, sometimes with the exception of a few branches.  Maybe it's some kind of shadow thing and not a bug?