Author Topic: x52 Strap between Throttle and Stick  (Read 603 times)

Offline earl1937

• Gold Member
x52 Strap between Throttle and Stick
« on: November 24, 2015, 01:33:08 AM »
 :airplane: I have a x52 by Saitek! My house cleaner was cleaning around my "set up" and accidentally disconnected the "strap" between throttle quadrant and stick! When she tried to replace it, she "forced" it back into the stick port and screwed up the contacts in the "strap"! One broke off! The stick is great, have had no problems with it, but I need a new "strap" to connect the two functions together!
Can anyone help? Is there anyplace I can purchase a new one, without going to Saitek, there customer service "suks" to say the least!
Blue Skies and wind at my back and wish that for all!!!

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: x52 Strap between Throttle and Stick
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2015, 02:54:55 AM »
Can't help you there but I hope you fired her!!! She should know better then to interfere with the addiction of Aces High.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline earl1937

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2015, 03:30:22 AM »
Can't help you there but I hope you fired her!!! She should know better then to interfere with the addiction of Aces High.
:airplane: I have no doubt she didn't do it on purpose, was just an accident, but if she had just left it alone when she disco'd it, I would have plugged it back with no problem.

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2015, 07:16:41 AM »
The cable is a standard ps2 male to male cable. I had to get a replacement on mine and it only cost a couple of dollars on ebay. Worked just fine
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2015, 04:56:04 PM »
The cable is a standard ps2 male to male cable. I had to get a replacement on mine and it only cost a couple of dollars on ebay. Worked just fine

This Earl,if you dont trust Ebay,you can pick a ps2 cable up at most big box store or electronic outlets.

Just be sure it's a male to male connector,they have male to female cables so you can extend the distance so make sure you get the proper one.

:salute

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2015, 08:48:12 PM »
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline earl1937

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2015, 10:17:28 PM »
:airplane: As usual, you guys are "right on" for an old man who knows nothing about computers, except to turn it on and turn it off! Best Buy has one for $1.79 and is in stock here in Chattanooga, and I will retrieve one in the morning!
<S> to all who replied!

Offline Gray

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2015, 06:25:48 PM »
Earl,
  Check messages.
Gray