Author Topic: Anyone have any rocket gunsights?  (Read 636 times)

Offline Schro

• Zinc Member
Anyone have any rocket gunsights?
« on: November 25, 2015, 03:04:18 PM »
Hello there.

I can't seem to be able to find the custom gunsights area in the forum. Didn't it have its own section? Could've swore it had its own section, I cant find it.

But does anyone have any rocket sights? Such as HVAR or any other rocket gunsights for air to ground?

Thanks in advance.  :salute
- Schrodinger

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Re: Anyone have any rocket gunsights?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2015, 04:37:58 PM »
Hello there.

I can't seem to be able to find the custom gunsights area in the forum. Didn't it have its own section? Could've swore it had its own section, I cant find it.

But does anyone have any rocket sights? Such as HVAR or any other rocket gunsights for air to ground?

Thanks in advance.  :salute

Send a PM to bustr, he's made a bunch of historical gunsights, some with rocket/bomb aim points.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2015, 05:29:24 PM »
Send a PM to bustr, he's made a bunch of historical gunsights, some with rocket/bomb aim points.

I use Bustr's Historical gunsight package as well.

Look for the rocket Ldr for the P-38L.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2015, 12:12:24 PM »
Download and install the latest alpha from the Open Alpha forum. All of my historic gunsights are now in the alpha.

You can do two things then.

1. - After installing, rename your AH2 sights folder to "sights.old". Then copy the folder "sights" from the alpha install back into the AH2 folder tree to replace "sights.old". Then all historic guinsights will be in every single gunsight in every airplane that has a gunsight, historically correct.

2. - From the alpha "sights" folder find only the gunsight you want. There will be two files you will then copy into the AH2 sights directory.

Example: gunsight.bmp and gunsight.mil

Did you gentlemen know that the gunsight is the physical device you aim through while what we call gunsights are reticle patterns projected onto the glass reflector plate on top of the gunsight.........
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.