Author Topic: So... Should I come back?  (Read 3237 times)

Offline Canspec

• Silver Member
Re: So... Should I come back?
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2015, 04:49:21 PM »
Me too........

.....Danny is awesome.......and so is Zack......Pipz is only semi Canadian.... :old:
Gnat

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2015, 05:00:18 PM »
I have been working two jobs flat out for the last year and have played about 3 hours. Have a new stick that I can't get used to, forgotten about everything I ever knew which wasn't a lot. Have a few days break next couple of weeks so I am seriously considering stocking the beer fridge and locking myself in my games room for a few days. Need to start from scratch!!!

I get locked into my game room all the time,I misbehave on purpose some my wife will banish me to the game room and lock the door!

Also,if you want to play,just set out to help the wife,ask her questions( best done with questions all about her),offer to help with the dishes,anything really and just basically be underfoot!  I mean to the point if she moves she bumps you!!

Wont be long before she says"dont you have some cartoon planes to fly" to which you never reply,just disappear and fly to your hearts content!

Been married for 35 years and this has worked since day 1!!!!

YMMV

:salute

Offline 1Canukk

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2015, 05:21:46 PM »
Ill keep it simple ..YES   :salute

JG11  Sonderstaffel , Geschwader Kommodore

The P51 D was made by the Gods for men to fly. 
 The FW190 D  was made by men, for Gods to fly .

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2015, 05:29:06 PM »
The game itself, for the most part, is the same. You will find pickers, face shooters, buff bailers and other vermin generally assigned to the GROUP W BENCH  :devil

That said, most players are up & up  and will give a good fight.

There are more GV'rs these days, so you might want to polish those skills.

Rule of thumb...disregard the hot air on the BBS and just have fun playing the game.

Offline potsNpans

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2015, 05:39:50 PM »
Forums schmoreums! 2 weeks of free play to saddle up and man up. Then hunt and persecute those on the boards you wish to cleanse of all bad 'juju'. If you still can't have fun despite yourself, hang up the wings and go play pocket pool. Welcome back to combat simulation Inc.

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2015, 05:43:18 PM »
Please come back and play. You can even participate in the Alpha testing of the new AH3 graphics engine and other updates under  development.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline jeep00

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2015, 05:43:38 PM »
The game itself, for the most part, is the same. You will find pickers, face shooters, buff bailers and other vermin generally assigned to the GROUP W BENCH  :devil

A most timely reference sir lmao  :salute
Hope you and your had a good Thanksgiving Max :aok

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2015, 05:47:24 PM »
The game is great and is missing just one thing, YOU.   Come and play, all your friends are here having a great time.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2015, 05:54:53 PM »
Like 1eye, I like the players in all three countries. I dont let the bad apples ruin my fun. If I get a nasty pm, most of the time I squelch their vox and text and forget about them. Overall it is a fun community. Ask for help and players give you hand.

<S>
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2015, 06:02:31 PM »
Still fun 15 years steady for me.. a way to help with this is find a good group of guys that play to have fun. 

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2015, 06:42:25 PM »
Come on back the game is great!
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline LilMak

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2015, 06:44:09 PM »
The BBS is like the news. If you use it as your window to the world, you'll just get depressed. What important is you jump in the sandbox and have a good time. There are still a ton of honorable and fun players in the game.
"When caught by the enemy in large force the best policy is to fight like hell until you can decide what to do next."
~Hub Zemke
P-47 pilot 56th Fighter Group.

Offline Lab Rat 3947

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2015, 06:52:12 PM »
Where can you have fun for about $0.50 a day   :headscratch:

As for the "griefers", they always self-destruct anyway; so, ignore them and have fun.
:cheers:

LtngRydr
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 06:53:55 PM by Lab Rat 3947 »
LtngRydr
14th FG Grounded

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2015, 07:50:08 PM »
I like intrigue...

You mean, like, what's the answer to the question:  "Do ugly BBS posts keep potential subscribers from subscribing?"

Yeah, it's a mystery to me, too.

As for the OP's post, I'll go with Max.  You'll recognize some of the same things that turned you off, but you'll still find lots of the things that kept you playing.  It won't cost you much to confirm or deny that.

- oldman

Offline Skyguns MKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2015, 08:42:11 PM »
I havent played in a while either however love the comunity. Other games lack the kind of "small town" hospotality aces high has.  I decided to withdrawal due to lacking numbers which is cause for stale game play in my opinion and of course financial reasons as i become independent in life.

Im ALWAYS on the forums keeping in touch enjoying debates and being educated as i watch the game progress from a far. As aces high 3 kicks im beginning to have the ace itch as well. Looking forward to high numbers again.  :cheers: