Author Topic: So... Should I come back?  (Read 3241 times)

Offline shake307

• Zinc Member
Re: So... Should I come back?
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2015, 09:05:52 PM »
Well, hell.  The great old one (hitech) was the first to reply.  Good omen from my standpoint.  I just dare wonder what question he was asking.  A lot of good points made from everyone and super quick responses.  Surprising, actually.  As well as familiar or, dare I say, famous names.  Well, anyways, I truly appreciate everything said and have renewed my sub.  May be in need of some training, but will post in the proper forum.  Time to knock some dust off.  Call sign is shake307.  If you see me say hello.  Or get in front of me, whichever... :bolt:
Respect is granted, not demanded.

Let's get drunk and fly!

Offline jedi25

• Copper Member
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2015, 09:26:33 PM »
I am looking forward to AH3 to awake the force in me, the dark side that is.. :devil

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2015, 10:24:15 PM »
Shake it you won't break it  :cheers:
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2015, 11:20:11 PM »
Shake it you won't break it  :cheers:

That ain't what I was told.  They also said I'd go blind.
So I only did it long enough till I needed glasses.  No blind though.   :lol

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2015, 02:54:03 AM »
Don't let a few negative posts deter you from a great game and a great community there are some really great players that will not only be happy to kill you but if you ask they will also tell you what you did wrong and how to fly that particular aircraft you are flying and fighting against thus  giving you tips on how to kill them later.  as with any game there are a few bad apples but for the most part they are just posing to be bad apples but are actually sweethearts I have found even when I get frustrated with the game itself, it's  the community that keeps me coming back for more <S>
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 02:57:05 AM by scott66 »
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2015, 05:24:00 AM »
I've been playing Aces High for over 16 years, the fun is what you make it!

Learning good game etiquette is paramount as to how you find your way!

Learning the mechanics of game play, learning proper BFM, ACM and practice on building your SA (situational awareness)!

There are so many different aspects of Aces High to learn that one could play this MMO WWII Combat Flight Sim for the rest of their lives and never run out of fun, dogfights, special events, meeting new people/friends and adventure!

It's what you make it!

Hope this helps -  come join the party

Sincerely

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2015, 07:30:44 AM »
Mostly you get what you give.  One of the biggest griefers has been retired, so the tone is a bit more up beat these days.  You will still get the occasional taunt esp. if you have some talent or good tactics but that's due to peoples inability to accept their poor SA is their own problem, not yours.

:salute
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline Hetzer7

• Nickel Member
« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2015, 10:22:54 AM »
Well I hope that OP will come back. My advice to all players (and I need to remind myself on occasion) is to not take things you read on 200 and in this forum so literal. <S> Hetz

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2015, 11:19:29 AM »
  Shake307 try the water and check out the new water they are building.  :aok

I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2015, 11:22:53 AM »
Come on back the water fine.

But you did answer a question I have been debating at the moment.

HiTech

Could it have had something to do with whether or not former players were sitting on the sidelines and monitoring ( and thus are still accessible via the BBS)?

You know you have my utmost respect, but throwing that out there and not letting on further is torture.
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2015, 12:32:52 PM »
PJ,

Look at it as proof of life for our game. Hitech is actively involved with it's future with this comment.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2015, 12:44:04 PM »
That's the upside. Don't get me wrong, it is reassuring - especially given the idle speculation some have advanced here concerning the r word.
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2015, 01:12:44 PM »
Yeah do it.

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2015, 02:38:16 PM »
Could it have had something to do with whether or not former players were sitting on the sidelines and monitoring ( and thus are still accessible via the BBS)?

You know you have my utmost respect, but throwing that out there and not letting on further is torture.
I hope it means that some forums are restricted to account holders, and non players can only see folders that pertain to Q&A on how to join in on the fun.
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline Mar

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2015, 03:16:13 PM »
I hope it means that some forums are restricted to account holders, and non players can only see folders that pertain to Q&A on how to join in on the fun.

I'll need a new home page if they do that.
𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝒽𝒶𝒹𝑜𝓌𝓈 𝑜𝒻 𝓌𝒶𝓇'𝓈 𝓅𝒶𝓈𝓉 𝒶 𝒹𝑒𝓂𝑜𝓃 𝑜𝒻 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒶𝒾𝓇 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝑒𝓈 𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑔𝓇𝒶𝓋𝑒

"Onward to the land of kings—via the sky of aces!"
  Oh, and zack1234 rules. :old: