Author Topic: Pale Moon  (Read 269 times)

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Pale Moon
« on: December 03, 2015, 01:48:01 AM »
I know it's a cheesy shot.   :D

Shapestd 1.681

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
Re: Pale Moon
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2015, 03:57:23 AM »
I caught that event, I forget what it is called, (but when the moon is actually at its largest size), on my way into work through Los Angeles one morning.  It looked like something out of a Sci Fi movie.  I will never forget the image.

I recall it because, we just had another one recently, but the weather was too cloudy locally, so I totally missed it.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2015, 06:51:16 AM »
Cheesy shot?

that looks absolutely awesome to me!  mind if I use it, FLS?

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2015, 10:19:58 AM »
Thanks TC, you may use it for all legal and moral purposes.  :aok

Offline streakeagle

• Silver Member
      • Streak Eagle - Stephen's Website
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2015, 08:54:48 PM »
Aces High, even in this latest update, is way behind state of the art in terms of graphics. But you wouldn't know it from this screenshot. The textures do their job and help hide the low poly counts on the F4U and the moon. Absolutely beautiful screenshot!
i5(4690K) MAXIMUS VII HERO(32 Gb RAM) GTX1080(8 Gb RAM) Win10 Home (64-bit)
OUR MISSION: PROTECT THE FORCE, GET THE PICTURES, ...AND KILL MIGS!

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2015, 10:39:43 PM »
Thanks.  :D

When you have a flight sim with hundreds of players on huge maps you have to make choices. You won't get high fidelity physics and playable framerates and max quality graphics. AH puts eye candy last, where it belongs.  :aok

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2015, 03:11:15 AM »
I am inclined to agree with FLS, there is no comparison in terms of what you can actually do with the purdy poly counts other than look at them.  Do I see edges and polygons instead of movie cgi?  Yes, of course so, but what I am not seeing, is a slideshow, (been there and done that).  I'll take them damn edges any day with smooth game play and seemless dogfights.

I think somewhere along the line where sneak peeks at the alpha progress, it got tagged as a "graphic update" where anyone who has tested alpha for any length of time will conclude there was much more on HiTech's list (and probably with more surprises yet to come).

Also, yes Streakeagle, it does have outstanding artwork.  :aok  Not saying stuff couldn't be improved...........  and since this is alpha, it is important to give honest impressions. 

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2015, 09:16:38 AM »
I could be wrong here but, I don't know of any other online game that allows the numbers of players to interact the way Aces High does. War Thunder, as I understand it, is limited to 10 players per arena, World of Tanks has a similar limitation. I love the fact that on any mission, or base defense, you have an almost unlimited number of comrades and opponents. :airplane:
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76