Author Topic: Download the Alpha  (Read 2701 times)

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
Download the Alpha
« on: December 07, 2015, 06:15:38 PM »
If you have not D/L'd the Alpha yet......DO IT !!!!

It is beautiful in there. I can't wait for it to go "Live."

I have never seen reflexions in the cockpit glass before.  :aok

:salute
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Re: Download the Alpha
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2015, 06:20:43 PM »
tell all your squaddies, tell all your friends ( family too, maybe? / maybe not! )

spread the word...... just make sure they are a member of the AH message boards, so than can get access!

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2015, 02:04:41 AM »

can't wait to see that t34 or m8 cockpit :devil
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline 8thJinx

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2015, 05:43:38 AM »
I hadn't played the alpha in a while, because it's unplayable on my PC.  Just tried to open it now, and it's downloading the latest version.  According to the clipboard, the download speed is only about 95 kb/s, and time remaining is 270 minutes.  WTH.  I also just ran a speed test, and I'm at 47 Mb/s.  What gives?

B-24H Liberator SN 294837-T, "The Jinx", 848th BS, 490th BG, 8th AF, RAF Station Eye, delivered 1943.  Piloted by Lt. Thomas Keyes, named by by his crew, and adorned with bad luck symbols, the aircraft survived the entire war.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2015, 05:49:24 AM »
I hadn't played the alpha in a while, because it's unplayable on my PC.  Just tried to open it now, and it's downloading the latest version.  According to the clipboard, the download speed is only about 95 kb/s, and time remaining is 270 minutes.  WTH.  I also just ran a speed test, and I'm at 47 Mb/s.  What gives?
It's a long way from NJ to Texas, could be anything. Do the speed test from your location to some Texan server, that would give you more realistic results than the default test.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2015, 09:55:46 AM »
Haven't played the game in 2 yrs or tried the alpha what is different in it?
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Online Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2015, 11:26:08 AM »
More prettier stuff. Airfields are different. Different trees, buildings, etc.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Pawz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2015, 11:51:33 AM »
Update your computers guys you can't want the newest and greatest still playing with that 10year old piece of crap computer you got. :neener:
When I die bury me in a P38.

I watch day after day, week after week, tour after tour, the Bishops and Rooks take bases and win maps while the Knights stand there with their thumbs stuck in their butts. It's just pathetic!

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2015, 12:10:10 PM »

Here you go.   :D

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2015, 02:38:24 PM »
Fester,

The films do not do the real time post lighting effects justice. If anything they make the environment look cheezy. I've been building an offline gunnery practice terrain for Ship to Ship, PT to ship, torpedo bomber runs, air spawn to bombing alt, tanker Hogan's Alley, mobile AA, 88mm, 17lb and 37mm using the alpha TE. I think I keep tweeking my cliff faces just to have an excuse to fly around and look at the environment.

I'm betting your last terrain will be incredible when it is upgraded to AHIII.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2015, 02:42:50 PM »
The films are also older patch versions and not the current patch but they do illustrate the changes when compared to AH2 films.

Offline MADe

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2015, 02:53:51 PM »
tell all your squaddies, tell all your friends ( family too, maybe? / maybe not! )

spread the word...... just make sure they are a member of the AH message boards, so than can get access!

TC

he he

Had TWC installed in my apt yesterday, more bandwidth for less than Verizon dsl. Anyways the TWC service tech was real interested in my DIY flight gear setup. After he did his business he asked me to show him what I had going on. He said he played games, I think he might have been piqued enough to get involved with the game. he he  He luved the graphics in AH2, I told him AH3 was on the verge and would blow him away.

HITECH m8, you need to get the word out.
Word of mouth does help but the current client base is rather smallish, hope y'all will spend some dollars on advertising. I would suggest, for instance, some brochures sent out to things like the Air Forces museum in Dayton, the Smithsonians air and space museum, NASA. The websites for same... just a thought.....
ASROCK X99 Taichi, INTEL i7 6850@4.5GHz, GIGABYTE GTX 1070G1, Kingston HyperX 3000MHz DDR4, OCZ 256GB RD400, Seasonic 750W PSU, SONY BRAVIA 48W600B, Windows 10 Pro /64

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2015, 03:35:03 PM »
can't wait to see that t34 or m8 cockpit :devil

Scotty, I thought you would be tired of seeing my M-8 or T-34 by now    :D :D  he he he  :banana:

btw  I have not found any bugs yet........with eye candy turned all the way up (graphics that is) I am seeing about 49 fps. I see
60 fps with the default setting. The moving in the wind of the weeds is hilarious.....I love it. I am curious what my fps will be when the server is loaded like when we have gv battles in Crater. It is very busy with all of the gv's running around in that small area of the map.

:salute :salute

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2015, 05:32:28 PM »

Try again. I d/l'd on Sunday............it was a pretty fast d/l. I made some coffee and when I got back it was done.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2015, 06:20:30 PM »

It's not bad at all, BUT....it is more than my rig can handle ATM.
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
- THE DAMNED -
King of the Hill Champ Tour 219 - Win Percentage 100
"1v1 Skyyr might be the best pilot ever to play the game." - Via PM, Name Redacted