Author Topic: Memorial Service for WWhiskey (Tentative)  (Read 1365 times)

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
Memorial Service for WWhiskey (Tentative)
« on: December 12, 2015, 12:26:31 AM »
We will be conducting the memorial service for WWhiskey on Monday, 12 December 2015.

Time = 10:00PM EST (9:00PM CST, 8:00PM MT, 7:00PM Pacific)

Currently, we will need someone in the TA that can control the wind settings.  I will have Rodent57 explain.  Please PM me if you have that access...

G3-MF will cover the fly by and the 21 gun salute.

I would ask that if you tanked with WWhiskey often, please grab the tank you normally use when you played with WWhiskey.  Would like everyone to grab a Tiger 1 or Panther.  Jeff loved Panthers!!!

We will line up along the runway in tanks.  Have prayer service.  Play taps.  do the 21 gun salute.  Final fly by with Missing Man formation in his favorite plane (flown by G3-MF).

Please come if you can.  Runway and VOX will is TBD and will be announced as everyone arrives.

:salute
SlipKnoT
XO
G3-MF 

DCS:
SlipKnoT
vCSG-3, VMA-513 Flying Nightmares (AV8B)

Offline Rodent57

• AH Training Corps
  • Nickel Member
Re: Memorial Service for WWhiskey (Tentative)
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2015, 02:16:35 AM »
Ya know, ... With WWhiskey, then Heeler passing ... I've just simply been in denial...

I don't want to believe they aren't going to play any more... I don't.

The aren't.

So, we will do our cyber best to honor good people (Better than most would probably guess).

Our Memorial flight for WWhiskey will be simple, quick, and to the point (exactly as Jeff would want it).

Please join us if you are so inclined.

<S> 
-Rodent57
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new
Setting an example is not the main means of influencing others; it is the only means
-AE

Offline Big Rat

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2015, 08:36:21 AM »
PM sent Slip.

BigRat
When you think the fight might be going bad, it already has.
Becoming one with the Hog, is to become one with Greatness, VF-17 XO & training officer BigRat

Offline AApache

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2015, 08:46:55 AM »
 :salute Rodent I wil be there. In addition if there is anything set up for Chuck  "Heeler" please let me know. :salute
"WE WEREN'T ASSIGNED WE WERE REQUESTED"....Lt.Col.Benjamin O. Davis of the Tuskegee Airmen 

https://youtu.be/B2sDNT91Rzw

https://youtu.be/KaufhZv84Gk

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2015, 11:29:07 AM »
Monday is the 14th. I'll be working, I'm sorry I can't be there.

Offline Badboy

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2015, 12:43:12 PM »
I'm sorry I won't be able to make it... But when I think about it, this is what I see:

Players will gather at an airfield in an otherwise empty arena to honor a fallen friend. The arena will have been set up so that the setting sun sinks slowly towards the horizon to the west and a low cloud base settles over the field like a mist.

On the runway three rows of seven tanks with their main guns at full elevation poised and waiting in silence while off in the distance a formation of P-47Ms in a tight fingertip strong right formation form up and align themselves with the runway.

As the gathering of friends wait and tell each other stories about WWhiskey and his past glory the approaching P-47s trigger the base alert-siren which had been replaced by the sound of a lone bugler playing taps. As the sound of Taps fills the arena, the formation emerges from the mist at low altitude and high speed. As they draw level with the tower one of the aircraft begins trailing smoke, then gently pulls up and splits off to the west and fades into the setting sun. At that moment the three rows of tanks fire their 21 guns into the air as the remaining P-47s hold their course leaving the open position where WWhiskey, their friend and wingman would have been. The final shots fall silent as the sun drops below the horizon, the sound of the bugles softly fade and the arena falls into darkness at the end of a fitting tribute.

This simple aerial salute is an expression of respect for the departure of a fellow gamer and warrior spirit who has shared countless hours enjoying virtual aerial combat and who has forever departed the flight line. Though simple and brief, it is the highest honor an Aces High Pilot can bestow upon a fellow player and a moving experience for everyone able to be there.

At the end, some of those in attendance begin to leave the arena, some linger as a last sign of respect and reluctance to say that final goodbye.

Those unable to make it know it will go something like that, and in a quiet moment will send their own respects, a final long slow salute. 

Badboy
The Damned (est. 1988)
  • AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Air Warrior Trainer - Retired

Offline shppr01

• AvA Staff Member
  • Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2015, 02:01:46 PM »
Slip, normally I would suggest AvA arena but since Whiskey was a trainer, the TA is quite appropriate. I might be wrong, but I think Skuzzy and Hitech are the only ones who can adjust the wind in that arena. If I can help in any way, just pm me..
Ingame : Shipper

Never put your gun down to hug a grizzly.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2015, 02:23:35 PM »
Any trainer can adjust wind in the TA.

Offline shppr01

• AvA Staff Member
  • Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2015, 06:48:24 PM »
Any trainer can adjust wind in the TA.
That's what I hoped. Good to know. Thank you.
Ingame : Shipper

Never put your gun down to hug a grizzly.

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2015, 01:28:13 PM »
I will be there in a panther :salute
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline Rodent57

• AH Training Corps
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2015, 01:54:07 PM »
Very Close to what we had settled on Badboy <S>!

- Rodent57

I'm sorry I won't be able to make it... But when I think about it, this is what I see:

Players will gather at an airfield in an otherwise empty arena to honor a fallen friend. The arena will have been set up so that the setting sun sinks slowly towards the horizon to the west and a low cloud base settles over the field like a mist.

On the runway three rows of seven tanks with their main guns at full elevation poised and waiting in silence while off in the distance a formation of P-47Ms in a tight fingertip strong right formation form up and align themselves with the runway.

As the gathering of friends wait and tell each other stories about WWhiskey and his past glory the approaching P-47s trigger the base alert-siren which had been replaced by the sound of a lone bugler playing taps. As the sound of Taps fills the arena, the formation emerges from the mist at low altitude and high speed. As they draw level with the tower one of the aircraft begins trailing smoke, then gently pulls up and splits off to the west and fades into the setting sun. At that moment the three rows of tanks fire their 21 guns into the air as the remaining P-47s hold their course leaving the open position where WWhiskey, their friend and wingman would have been. The final shots fall silent as the sun drops below the horizon, the sound of the bugles softly fade and the arena falls into darkness at the end of a fitting tribute.

This simple aerial salute is an expression of respect for the departure of a fellow gamer and warrior spirit who has shared countless hours enjoying virtual aerial combat and who has forever departed the flight line. Though simple and brief, it is the highest honor an Aces High Pilot can bestow upon a fellow player and a moving experience for everyone able to be there.

At the end, some of those in attendance begin to leave the arena, some linger as a last sign of respect and reluctance to say that final goodbye.

Those unable to make it know it will go something like that, and in a quiet moment will send their own respects, a final long slow salute. 

Badboy
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new
Setting an example is not the main means of influencing others; it is the only means
-AE

Offline Muzzy

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2015, 02:36:43 PM »

CO 111 Sqdn Black Arrows

Wng Cdr, No. 2 Tactical Bomber Group, RAF, "Today's Target" Scenario. "You maydie, but you will not be bored!"

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2015, 04:25:06 PM »
Our Tentative Schedule:

**If you can come earlier to get set up and in place, we would appreciate it. 

Tentative Schedule
VOX = 150
**Times are based on US Central Time
9:00PM = Roll out onto field in tanks.  Take up positions on both sides of the field along the EAST to WEST runway (JDOG will set up)
9:15PM = 21 Gun Salute Tanks roll out and into position.
9:20PM = Eulogy by G3-MF, XO, SlipKnoT
9:25PM = Prayer offered by G3-MF, Operations Officer, BFOOT1
9:30PM = Moment of silence (3 minutes)
9:33PM = 21 Gun Salute
9:35PM = TAPS
9:40PM = Missing man formation
9:45PM = Relieve WWHISKEY of all duties to G3-MF and AH Trainer Corps
END Services
DCS:
SlipKnoT

Offline Hetzer7

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2015, 05:12:23 PM »
Funny thing perhaps but gotta say thats a good looking schedule and done in a military-like manner, makes me sad and thankful at the same time just looking at it. Well done.

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2015, 10:00:06 PM »
Thank you to everyone that made it to WWhiskey's memorial service. 

You all made it special for us.

SlipKnoT
DCS:
SlipKnoT