Author Topic: Off hours-- or should that be low population WARNING>>RANT  (Read 12875 times)

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
Re: Off hours-- or should that be low population WARNING>>RANT
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2015, 07:41:06 PM »
I think the term used was advertising dollar$$$ as opposed to the type of stuff they already do.  They have website, facebook page, forums, yada-yada.....

I agree, not the time to put the cart too far in front of the goat.

Offline O2b1-2

• Zinc Member
« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2015, 08:38:42 PM »
Maybe if the fighter jocks would be a bit more " sporting" . Fly a weak plane, let a noob have the upper hand, some of us would fighter mode it more if we weren't getting smacked down no matter how hard we try.

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2015, 09:12:07 PM »
How about this: <100 players = no GVs in Aces HIGH

Most of us are here for the airplanes.
Game handle: HellBuck

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2015, 09:43:40 PM »
.sorry got part way through and needed to take my son to work

see below
« Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 10:15:50 PM by SPKmes »

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2015, 09:57:09 PM »
.sitting back and thinking about it....i think that yes the map up now is way too big for the low numbers....however that is not the be all and end all..as this low fighting/action happens on some others...not sure of names as to me most maps are the same thing...fields,towns,grass and hills..... the difference comes when the front lines or base distances are too large for the small number of players to really mount an attack. As coppr said...some flights are just too long to be bothered heading back....so although the map up is large...I think the main issue is (which isn't an issue in the grand scheme of things).... but it comes down to is it worth it.. Hence the reason for strat runners...they need to be hammered so that downtimes are long enough to actually contemplate trying for the take...
Even for the GVers...there is a similar problem at these times, many times you can up a tank...roll a field and all that ups is a plane to bomb you, roll another and the same person bombs you again...up a flak and they will land and go tower sit again.....even if there is some GV action...the roll and attributes to the GV game is a little too basic I feel... this in part could be due to the fact that this game originally was a flight game for the most part and gv's were a sideshow.... the GV game has increased but the basic mechanics of this part of the game...although improved are far behind the bread and butter of this game...the planes... the flight dynamics etc etc...much like the cv's...they are there but mainly as a water based field to sneak attack....no real control of sea battles but again...this is not what the game is but more has developed to...

People seem to say you can do this and that but it is a total arena thing....many sit in wait for a field to flash.... only to find it is a high alt bomber box.... yes you could say they should up and take the fight to them....but many times I will fly to a field hang around and nothing....

But then there are those nights when bases are close enough and it is all go.... hard to get a balance...hard to know what to do.... everyone has an opinion but they don't amount to much unless there is a definitive majority which with todays attitudes is very hard to get..

For me I love this game in part as it is.. I haven't been around as long as some of these other guys who were paying by the minute...but this game is etched into my psyche unlike any other game I have played...crazy to say out loud but it is true  ..and I sure don't want to see it turn into the house of horrors of some other platforms.... but something (and I don't know what...perhaps you mericans and poms need to get a job working graveyard hahaha)needs to help support ...hmmm   how about perks per base take based on missions...if you want perks for the take join a mish....come on guys join mish...free perks  {{{{{]]]]]>>>>>>>  misson up!!! hahahaa.....   I don't know....just rambling now
« Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 10:18:18 PM by SPKmes »

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2015, 10:17:38 PM »
I have no complaints. When it's full I invite a fight. When it is empty I stir up a fight. Being a full time tactical buff player never has a dull moment. When the arena is dead ground is made up or taken the same when it is full.

I truly feel for 1 dimensional players. You guys have it bad these days :x :bolt:
393rd Bombardment Squadron

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2015, 01:04:26 AM »
Maybe if the fighter jocks would be a bit more " sporting" . Fly a weak plane, let a noob have the upper hand, some of us would fighter mode it more if we weren't getting smacked down no matter how hard we try.

This is prolly a valid complaint. What sends me to bed is when the other cats vulch because they're trying to take a base or just because. When the numbers are low the game dynamic can be sour/boring. I think people avoid fights sometimes because they end up being one sided. It almost makes me advocate to make bases uncapturable when numbers are low, but that would be silly.
Pies not kicks.

Offline Oddball-CAF

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2015, 01:52:54 AM »
What are other factors in the drop off of European players and how can they be countered?

Well, English isn't the only language spoken in Europe. Yet one of the forum rules is that
English must be used in the forums.
  I guess from a moderation standpoint, I can understand this, but it'd be nice if perhaps
guys from non-English speaking countries could have an area where they could
interact with each other. Perhaps among the player base/forum users there are multi-lingual pilots
who could volunteer to act as moderators for non-English speaking forum areas.

Regards, Odd

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2015, 05:51:28 AM »
Of the people that see to have a problem, Tongs is the only one I know of who can justify it. He flies a Ki-61, fights and doesn't just fly high ENY planes that run away. Some of the others frankly just seem to whine a lot about not getting fights, and then when engaged at even or worse odds, run away from the fight. Frankly they could leave the game, and it would improve greatly.
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 17, 2015, 05:59:59 AM »
Frankly they could leave the game, and it would improve greatly.

And so I have.

Do you feel the improvement already?   :)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline diaster

• Copper Member
« Reply #40 on: December 17, 2015, 06:02:17 AM »
Shrinking fronts. Less than 50 players, border has shrunk to 30%. As an example. Obviously easier with only two chess pieces. Two countries would actually help a lot.
Most are right.. Gameplay, not graphics.  Remember two late war arenas, the player base is dwindling. Here are my suggestions to improve game play!
1. Two countries (or somehow limit the gang of two countries)
2. Shrinking map (strat not accessible) and/or map wide dar, light up all the dots)
3. Inactivity timer (no mouse stirring warning, idle for an hour, poof!)
4. Eliminate ack proxies, no bullets in airframe, no kill.
5. Bailing w/o pw or plane damage is considered a death and "no score recorded at all"

.... It will never happen! That's my rant. Some of these ideas are not mine alone! They Echo' through out aces high...
"Harden The F_ck Up”

Offline diaster

• Copper Member
« Reply #41 on: December 17, 2015, 06:12:12 AM »
but it'd be nice if perhaps
guys from non-English speaking countries could have an area where they could
interact with each other.

Regards, Odd

Ja,    Да      Si'   yes
"Harden The F_ck Up”

Offline redbelly

• Zinc Member
« Reply #42 on: December 17, 2015, 06:16:03 AM »
 :O
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 06:38:18 AM by redbelly »
-=Most Wanted=-  

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: December 17, 2015, 06:42:48 AM »

Some of them routinely land a half dozen kills ad infinitum, yet seem impervious to the boredom of always winning.   

To each his own, but I can't understand always flying the better rides and wondering why you can't get a good fight.   Had a good fight last month with a guy that has one particular Late War model down to a science.   We both were in unfamiliar rides and had a pretty good 1 v 1.   He said that was the best fight he'd had in months.   Fly a low end plane and you'd be surprised at the number of fun fights you will have.   And the less experienced will maybe have a chance too.   

Is a chance of getting shot down worth it to have fun?  Yes.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: December 17, 2015, 07:30:37 AM »
I've been flying the P-40 this tour. It definitely makes things a bit harder. There is definitely no lack of boredom besides climbing for alt. It's definitely good for defense practice.

I agree that the arenas in off war hours need to some how be shrunk so the parameters are smaller on each side only until a certain amount of players enter. I think disengaging ENY only after a certain # of players enter is necessary as well. The side switch time also needs to be shrunk to 2  hours. Make the radar at bases harder to destroy.

I think these 4 changes would help people find action  much more easily.

Since the main arena is where the majority of players flock, the MA needs to be more able to change based on the # of players in the arena. This way, there is a smaller area to fight, the players know where the action is, and they can fly all the planes they want given they have the perks.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion