Author Topic: Improved damage models?  (Read 604 times)

Offline save

• Gold Member
Re: Improved damage models?
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2015, 08:15:01 AM »
It might as well be your convergence settings, change of plane type, aproach angle, and expericence shooting at stationary targets.

When I started go after tanks and Wirby's I could at the best get an assist using 20mms alone. using better tactics and experience now I can even kill some of them using 20mms', and blast the **** out of a higher tier tank with antitank rockets.

With 50 cals, I have noticed a great improvement in ease of shooting field ack ack guns.  So which of the above would I attribute that to?  My best guess would be a greater impact force due to velocity and/ or blast radius calculation.

My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
Re: Improved damage models?
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2015, 06:17:51 PM »
While I've never played IL-2, I have played a lot of simulator games over the years. I have never found any game that was as realistic as Aces High. The fact that you can have several hundred participants in the game ranging from aircraft to gv's all on the same map, there is no comparison to it that I know of.

Based on the above I have every expectation that the aAH3 will be better than what AH2 is right now. With that in mind, I will patiently wait for Hitech to completed his work. As to proving that this new game will bring in new players, that remains to be seen, the market will be the final judge.

I must admit I'm a little puzzled by your negative innuendos and the tone of your your comments as to the viability of AH3. But it is a free country and while freedom of speech is not really applicable to this forum I will let it ride and wish you the best.
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76