Author Topic: Patch 89  (Read 3452 times)

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Patch 89
« on: December 22, 2015, 04:02:43 PM »
New version is up!

Boom!  Boom!  Boom!

Please confine information about Patch 89 in this thread.  Thank you.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline 1ijac

• Silver Member
Re: Patch 89
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2015, 05:03:17 PM »
Capture the Flag Beta 3 Arena Online:

Spawned a T3485 south from 26 to 25.  Thank you for reducing vehicle bounce while rolling over terrain. 

1.  When I spawned, the T3485 was tilted and then settled onto the ground.

2.  While driving directly to V25, the engine and rolling track sounds had long periods of no sound followed by normal sounds.  There were decreased sounds when cresting a hill or over a terrain change but those were less than a second in duration and I felt were a part of the normal sound.  I'm unsure if location on the map has any bearing.  I did lose sound while on both V26 and V25 bases and between the 2 vbases.

3.  The capture the flag feature worked on taking base V25.

4.  I got the .exe error when I alt+tab out of the arena to make this post.

5.  Reconfirmed the ahalpha.exe error when I alt+tab out of the game in Capture the Flag Beta 3 Online.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 05:07:37 PM by 1ijac »
"One-Eye"

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2015, 05:13:59 PM »
Picture of the terrain tile that vehicles still bounce and buck like a bronco on after running build for alpha 89.

NDisles offline clutter is growing out of the hanger, vehical hanger, and all default roads.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline 1ijac

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2015, 05:30:19 PM »
Capture the Flag Beta3 online:

1.  spawned a jeep south from V26 to V25 and still got the spawn tilt then settling to terrain.

2.  Ran along same route as the prior T3485 route and jeep sounds were good with no cut outs.

3.  Another thing I noticed while running both the jeep and T3485.  When you first enter the arena, the country sides change bases and there is a click in the sound.  The same click when you pull up the roster and close the roster.  That same click happens as you drive both of those vehicles while I touched nothing.  Perhaps they were large sticks I was driving over.

4.  I did alt+tab out of the game successfully this time.  I did get the ahalpha.exe error 2 times before though.

5.  Screenshot of the hanger at base 63 is attached below.  Ground clutter present on concrete floor.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 05:47:25 PM by 1ijac »
"One-Eye"

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2015, 05:58:28 PM »
I launched an F6F and alt tabbed out and when I went back in, the sound was looping. I alt tabbed out and after enabling Skype vox, and alt tabbing back in, the game ctd.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2015, 06:29:35 PM »
CTD when launching Alpha, then choosing 'quit' from the clipboard.  (This is quitting, before selecting online or offline.)
I tried 4 different times and crashed every time.  One crash froze my PC, had to do a hard reset.

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2015, 06:38:09 PM »
Engine Sounds:

I took up a 109f and a Zero.  When I throttle back the engine sound volume is reduced, rather than the sound of RPMS being reduced.
That is quite distracting.  It's as if my throttle is acting as a volume knob for the engine.

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline 715

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2015, 07:58:01 PM »
All the cannon that I reported infinite looping in Patch 88 now work properly.
Euro2015 terrain: runways need weeding.
Switching from Tower to Hanger or Spawning causes a weird environmental noise akin to page flipping;  I hope this is disable-able in the future.
New engine sound has no loop glitch. 
Engine idle sound fades out to very quiet.
Multi-engine sounds are now stereo.  Thank you.
Got exe error on clicking Exit from program.
All tanks now have breech load sound.
Just noticed that none of the German tank range rings have a pip to show what range you've selected.  (I never use German tanks so maybe it's always been like that.)

Offline Blade

• Nickel Member
      • Battoutai
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2015, 07:59:02 PM »
Many FOD on the runway.

and I equiped Drop Tanks not bombs.
---------------------------
Who Dares Wins
---------------------------
抜刀隊Blog http://battoutai.blogspot.com
Aces High Wiki Plus! http://www43.atwiki.jp/aceshigh/

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2015, 08:58:08 PM »
Updated fine auto downloading no problem.

In the capture the flag arena, traveling from A8 to V25, upon approaching V25 noticed the base of the hill undulating.
459201,2150,-36205,-9.7,7.5,-80.1
beta3
FOV = 72.5
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Shrike

• Copper Member
      • Arabian Knights Official Web Page
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2015, 10:02:12 PM »
I tried for 30 minutes but was unable to CDT by fooling with the sound controls.  However, somehow the graphics went into some strange state.  I was unable to repeat.  I went to one of the CV's and all the windows and gages on the ship were glowing blue.  I think wave splashes were moving across the deck and were also glowing blue.  I thought this was odd so I filmed my flight deck view but when I reviewed the film it showed me sitting still in a plane I flew prior to entering the flight deck.  I tried several times to duplicate but was unable.
AKShrike - CO Arabian Knights
USA!!!
http://aksquad.net/
USAF 85-95

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2015, 11:51:31 PM »
In the AvA, we installed the AvAtunis terrain and 715b and Jaeger1 went toe to toe in GVs while I watched in CM Eye, I'd already died as usual.

What we noticed is that the flash from Jaeger's panzer always fired forward in relation to the tank's hull, yet the turret might face in another direction. Film attached.

More to come from Jaeger and 715b.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2015, 07:29:31 AM »
The ground clutter appears to be covering the entire terrain, including the smaller ponds near towns and Tank Town area of NDisles. There is a frame rate drop also which may be associated with the same issue.

I was testing several Graphic Detail options and removed the environmental settings that I have been using up until now. Then I also decided to test several resolution settings and discovered a problem where AHAlpha will change the resolution of the game, but when closing will not change the resolution of the desktop back to its original setting. So, if I am running a 4k desktop and then change the game resolution to 2560 x 1600 the game may close normally, or crash, but may also leave the desktop resolution at 2560 x 1600.

Also, there is an ahalpha (32 bit) background process that remains after the game is closed.

EDIT: Maybe related to that last issue. If the game crashes then I have to reboot or the frame rate will remain at about 1/2 its normal level. So, the ground clutter is obviously not the problem there. If the game closes normally there is no background process remaining.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 07:49:34 AM by Chalenge »
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2015, 08:14:52 AM »
The .45 sounds muffled and far away.

To me, the P-38 guns sounded quieter than the C.202 guns.

After changing the music slider in the advanced tab, the game crashed.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2015, 09:02:44 AM »
Engine Sounds:

I took up a 109f and a Zero.  When I throttle back the engine sound volume is reduced, rather than the sound of RPMS being reduced.
That is quite distracting.  It's as if my throttle is acting as a volume knob for the engine.

Coogan

Noted the same, volume attached to throttle mechanism in all planes that I tried.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 09:09:24 AM by Chilli »