Author Topic: Patch 89  (Read 3454 times)

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Re: Patch 89
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2015, 09:19:29 AM »
Noted the same, volume attached to throttle mechanism in all planes that I tried.

This is not a bug.

HiTech

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2015, 10:55:29 AM »
in avatunis and AVAeto I noticed that the AR-234 and ME262 throttle spools up pretty quick. before you had to wait for it to catch up. not sure if this is anything or not.

added a cloud file to avatunis last night. easyscor said they were ugly and insulted me, but then liked them after I got mad, mission accomplished!! LOL
cloud file basic but seems to work fine.  saw first wave of clouds, but didn't see 2nd wave. not sure that really matters. didn't see any difference to framerate.

at close quarters with 715b with tanks, he in a firefly I in a panzer. some ricochets looked a bit weird, not sure its really a problem.

im starting to work on missions and terrains for the AVA. Im going to start with a basic mission and see if I can figure some of this stuff out. I know its a bit squirrely right now
but maybe we can figure it out. 

Im also building a Tank town strictly with default objects and will make it big enough to have 5 or 6 different tank battles on the same terrain

again im not sure about this being a bug, I changed settings in the AVA and in the gui the changes don't seem to stick. on some of the settings that are Hex based,
if I check off the boxes, got the number I was looking for, manually erased it and put it back in the results box, it seemed to stay, even though it didn't not show after
you closed and opened the settings page.

Question: can we import any sounds into the Alpha at this time? im tired of the pissed off lawn mower/angry Cessna sounds!

P.S. since hitech says the noise/throttle thing isn't a bug, I wont complain about it, even though id like to! LOL.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 10:58:18 AM by captain1ma »

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2015, 11:08:58 AM »
Okay, but it will be perceived as one, mostly because it does not relay any change in engine speed.  I know that you have explained this before.  The key word here, is perceived.  Without a thousand other real life cues, like gravity, thrust, etc. cartoon pilots depend on sound a bit more to "realize" sense of speed or lack of it. 

Stall horn, for example is a very useful tool, but with the way that we fly, in cartoon combat, it soon becomes only a nuisance and folks either turn it down or change the sound all together like I have done (substituted engine sputter sound - although not realistic, it is more acceptable and doesn't blare in my ears for the duration of just about any dogfight encounter).

Basically, if you were to take a poll, I "believe" the perception would be throttle sound is inaccurate.  Even a slight adjustment away from "smooth" to "raspy" exhaust sound might be a possibility to give the best of both worlds. 

In the end, I applaud the decision to go with the new system.  This type of input from me, is merely me being hopeful that my years of  :joystick: hair raising experiences with Ace High, will see a smooth transition into the next version.

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2015, 11:10:56 AM »

Question: can we import any sounds into the Alpha at this time? im tired of the pissed off lawn mower/angry Cessna sounds!

Might be best to leave things in default to keep from getting confusing test results.   

I thought when the test objective was sound it meant to see how they sounded but that appears to be not the case.  Just test the fact that you have sound where there should be sound.

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2015, 11:20:40 AM »
chilli, im sure they're fix it eventually

and.... But I don't like pissed off lawnmowers!! LOL

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2015, 01:45:09 PM »
What we noticed is that the flash from Jaeger's panzer always fired forward in relation to the tank's hull, yet the turret might face in another direction. Film attached.

We can not duplicate this?

HiTech

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2015, 02:14:33 PM »
we were pretty close together, is it possible, that the video just got squirrely and they didn't really see what they thought they saw?

"these are not the droids you're looking for"

we'll be in there again tonight, we'll try to duplicate it. maybe it was just a weird glitch.

Offline 715

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2015, 02:18:51 PM »
In the capture the flag arena, traveling from A8 to V25, upon approaching V25 noticed the base of the hill undulating.
459201,2150,-36205,-9.7,7.5,-80.1
beta3
FOV = 72.5

Confirmed, but I think this is normal, not a bug.  I've even see it happen in a terrain I built (when flying over the Alps).  I suspect HT has added a LOD (Level of Detail) feature to the terrain grid rendering so mountains that are far away from you are rendered with fewer terrain polygons and as you approach close to them polygons are added to increase detail which can make peaks grow or depressions appear (i.e. the undulating you mention).  I am hoping HT revisits this and perhaps pushes the LOD distance out further, or maybe gives us a slider, or ties this to the detail slider.  It is a bit disconcerting.

Offline 715

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2015, 02:21:48 PM »

HiTech

Both Easycor and myself saw Jager's muzzle flash fire as if his turret was directly forward even though his turret was either directly backwards or to the side.  However, the muzzle flash from my Firefly appeared proper to Jager and Easycor, i.e. it lined up with the barrel.

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2015, 02:22:33 PM »

HiTech

The film uses avatunis for the terrain. I hope that helps.

I still see it display the forward fire in the film using the external view, here's a jpg. The flash is under the front wheel of the m16 (cm eye view)
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2015, 02:25:46 PM »
It's that old description from last year that going away from mountains they looked like quick melting piles of ice cream. It's even weirder when they do it in reverse as you approach a mountain. It's most pronounced with bare rock and snow tiles. At least sundown and sunset is no longer that giant wall of dark orange like looking up at the Hoover dam face at dusk.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2015, 02:36:35 PM »
Alt tabbing out caused the stall buffet sound to loop until game exit in RV8 and F4U. Alt tabbing again the second time lost all sound until restart.

Seeing the same weed infestation others reported.

When I turn my head the sound drop of one engine in a twin seems  abrupt and a little too much.

Not a patch issue but I-16 and WW1 aircraft don't have much wind noise for open cockpits.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 02:40:40 PM by FLS »

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2015, 03:01:11 PM »
This is not a bug.

HiTech

Perhaps not a bug, but definitely not a desirable feature IMHO. 
Don't get me wrong, the new sounds are fantastic.  Just not into the engine volume fadeout...
Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2015, 03:13:30 PM »
Perhaps not a bug, but definitely not a desirable feature IMHO. 
Don't get me wrong, the new sounds are fantastic.  Just not into the engine volume fadeout...
Coogan

It's a big change when you're used to a particular sound to gauge thrust.  However, constant speed propellers are designed to avoid changing rpm with power changes. The new sounds are more accurate. We just have to get used to the difference.

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2015, 03:37:38 PM »
It's a big change when you're used to a particular sound to gauge thrust.  However, constant speed propellers are designed to avoid changing rpm with power changes. The new sounds are more accurate. We just have to get used to the difference.

I'm going to give it a shot for sure.  I've never been in a real plane, so what do I know.  lol

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear