Author Topic: Patch 89  (Read 3507 times)

Offline FTJR

• Silver Member
Re: Patch 89
« Reply #45 on: December 25, 2015, 03:26:27 AM »
updated ok, crashed immediately.
Bring the Beaufighter to Aces High
Raw Prawns      

B.O.S.S. "Beaufighter Operator Support Services" 
Storms and Aeroplanes dont mix

Offline 10thmd

• Silver Member
« Reply #46 on: December 25, 2015, 03:45:16 PM »
I took the 109g14 for a spin and that thing sounds amazing now. I did have a sound loop issue when firing the wirblewinds 20mm's.
- Der Wander Zirkus -
“You can all go to hell; I will go to Texas

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #47 on: December 25, 2015, 09:43:03 PM »
Just updated from patch #87 to #89 this evening, and I'm still getting the
CTD after exiting or trying to enter video setup, at the initial clipboard

I'm using Windows Pro 8.1 64 bit

I was able to go online without any foreseeable problems though...

Will post a dxdiag report if needed, later when I'm back at that particular computer

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Shrike

• Copper Member
      • Arabian Knights Official Web Page
« Reply #48 on: December 26, 2015, 11:17:25 AM »
I noticed, in some planes, when you zoom in from the default cockpit view that it zooms in on the instrument panel and not the center of the HUD.  The P-47N and one of the Zero's are few examples.  Is this something that is known or do we need to go through all the cockpits and gun positions and check the zoom?
AKShrike - CO Arabian Knights
USA!!!
http://aksquad.net/
USAF 85-95

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #49 on: December 26, 2015, 12:09:00 PM »
I noticed, in some planes, when you zoom in from the default cockpit view that it zooms in on the instrument panel and not the center of the HUD.  The P-47N and one of the Zero's are few examples.  Is this something that is known or do we need to go through all the cockpits and gun positions and check the zoom?

It's a new default setting that lets you see the instruments with the new default FOV of 80. In addition the alternate forward view is set to look over the nose. You can change either view back to what you're used to with Home and F10. The other views are also set to work with a FOV of 80 but they also work with 106. If you have a different preference for any view you can reset it. You can also copy your HPS files from AH to the alpha to use your current views.

Offline shppr01

• AvA Staff Member
  • Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: December 26, 2015, 08:24:39 PM »
Was just in AvA alpha. Tiger gun sight jumps around, Sounds are messed up,And half the time the tank will not move no matter how many times I started the engine.
Ingame : Shipper

Never put your gun down to hug a grizzly.

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #51 on: December 27, 2015, 08:38:06 PM »
Saturday Night in the AVA Alpha about 6-8 of us. Most of the complaints were the sound dropping out which it did to me also, and the vox sounding terrible. also at the end, we all locked up hard and had to kill game or hard reboot machine. this was in the AVA alpha arena  with the AVAtunis map up. we were at bases 26 and 55 and using the spawns toward each other trying to do a kesserine pass battle.

I did find that setting the spawn distance to 4500 kept spawn camping at bay. not that it has anything to do with the patch, but just something to keep in mind for later.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 08:55:33 PM by captain1ma »

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: December 28, 2015, 08:09:45 AM »
Just updated from patch #87 to #89 this evening, and I'm still getting the
CTD ~snip~ trying to enter video setup, at the initial clipboard

I'm using Windows Pro 8.1 64 bit

I was able to go online without any foreseeable problems though...

Will post a dxdiag report if needed, later when I'm back at that particular computer

TC

OK, after numerous times of trying to enter the video setup at the initial clipboard/login area...........everytime I click on the video setup button, I instantly get ahalpha(etc) has stopped working and is closing down ...then it asks if I want to trouble shoot the problem ( which I never do )

bout ready to dump this Win 8.1 Pro 64bit...... I have not run into any issues from any windows 7 Ult SP1 64 bit installs....but this Win 8.1 Pro has been a pita all the way around

what information do you need?

AMD FX4350 running @ 4.2GHz
32 GB crucial ballistix 1600MHz DDR3 memory
ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 MB
Thermaltake Blackwidow TR2 750watt single rail PSU
Saphire R9 270x oc 4 GB GDDR5 Videocard
Win 8.1 Pro 64 bit
Crucial MX200 250GB Sata3 SSD & Crucial m4 series 128GB SSD sata3
( lot of other stuff no need to include )

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #53 on: December 28, 2015, 10:59:50 AM »
only 32gigs of ram? sheesh, poor man's machine! LOL

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: December 28, 2015, 12:05:21 PM »
TC download the full install. Uninstall and run it. I had a problem in the past from doing only updates for about 5 patch releases. The full install cleared all the problems brought along with the many partial updates. If this does not clear up your problems, then you have an issue.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: December 28, 2015, 12:35:34 PM »
TC download the full install. Uninstall and run it. I had a problem in the past from doing only updates for about 5 patch releases. The full install cleared all the problems brought along with the many partial updates. If this does not clear up your problems, then you have an issue.

I just did a complete new full install with patch 87, and only had updates of 88 & 89

do you think I should still do a complete new install?

heck, I can't even use my files from my AH2 installation, which are completely newly set, because this 8.1 Pro wouldn't let me use any of my files from windows 7 ( I tried copies from several back ups ), nothing would work.... outside of resetting everything from scratch...

TC

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: December 28, 2015, 12:47:56 PM »
Try a full install with the kinds of problems you are reporting. Then if it doesn't clear up, you have a problem. Since we are alpha testers, this is a valid test to help Hitech.

Since I have been building that terrain I posted screen shots of here in the alpha. I've had builds where none of my GV would get out of first gear. then I would run the build again and they would run fine. Each time there has been a problem fixed by a patch, if I didn't run a build with the new patch's terrain editor, my terrain still had the problems. So yes, see if a full install of 89 fixes your issue.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #57 on: December 28, 2015, 12:50:16 PM »
heck, I can't even use my files from my AH2 installation, which are completely newly set, because this 8.1 Pro wouldn't let me use any of my files from windows 7

Have you tried to change the ownership of the folder?
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #58 on: December 28, 2015, 12:59:59 PM »
Yep Bizman, was one of the first things I tried

I will do as bustr suggested and if I still have problems, I'm thinking I might need to do a reformat and fresh install of windows 8.1 Pro again....I'm starting to think it's the os installation, since I've had problems from day one of the install of it

Or just go back to win7ult sp1

Edit: this is a dual boot system with both the os's mentioned, but installing windows 8.1, jacked up my windows7 SSD, to where AH2 doesn't even work on it now (haven't had time to reinstall AH2 yet, to see if it will take)...although everything else seems to be working fine...

TC
« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 01:05:34 PM by TequilaChaser »

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #59 on: December 28, 2015, 01:23:05 PM »
I have a vague memory I've seen that before somewhere and that I could fix it... But I can't remember how!

As I searched for a quick answer I stumbled upon Win8's built-in Easy Transfer utility. That might do the trick.

Something I've noticed when copying files and folders to a new disk is that if I try to do it from within a new Windows installation, having the old disk connected as an external USB disk or even as a secondary installed disk, there will often be issues. Windows' Safe Mode may help. A fool proof trick so far has been to copy the files to an external disk using Linux. That apparently strips any Windows related shields off, allowing for simply copying files from one place to another.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni