Author Topic: vulching turns to harassment  (Read 7134 times)

Offline diaster

• Copper Member
vulching turns to harassment
« on: December 23, 2015, 12:12:15 AM »
 While in a field gun today I watched an nme con avoid a co-alt advisory to vulche our  guy on the runway. This was  just after he had shot this guy down and he was re-upping. It was like he was rubbing the poor guy's nose in it. He kept hounding him while he struggled to get up off the field all the while avoiding totally legit encounters near by. Ack, no effect!
This action coming from, an uber player, if you base that title on kills vs deaths. No class at all from this UberTard!
So... What is it? Is being number 1 in aces high that big of a deal, really? Are some people's RL that sad that their ego needs this kind of action? Sure it's just a game, but still.
I say make base ack lethal. Too often I see guys just fly right through it, no biggee!

On a positive note, the ubertard didn't get to land his vulches and to have everyone see his name in lights with all those "kills"
! Someone came across him sneaking away. It was a real contest, ubertard lost!
"Harden The F_ck Up”

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
Re: vulching turns to harassment
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2015, 12:24:40 AM »
While in a field gun today I watched an nme con avoid a co-alt advisory to vulche our  guy on the runway. This was  just after he had shot this guy down and he was re-upping. It was like he was rubbing the poor guy's nose in it. He kept hounding him while he struggled to get up off the field all the while avoiding totally legit encounters near by. Ack, no effect!
This action coming from, an uber player, if you base that title on kills vs deaths. No class at all from this UberTard!
So... What is it? Is being number 1 in aces high that big of a deal, really? Are some people's RL that sad that their ego needs this kind of action? Sure it's just a game, but still.
I say make base ack lethal. Too often I see guys just fly right through it, no biggee!

On a positive note, the ubertard didn't get to land his vulches and to have everyone see his name in lights with all those "kills"

I vulch for a larger strategic goal.  Base defense.  Base take.   Other things.    When I kill a guy a second time on a vulch I ALWAYS apologize.  It is not personal.    One plane suppressing rollers off a field is a force multiplier.  His impact at the base the enemy is upping from is TEN TIMES what he can do at the point of enemy attack even with unlimited E.

”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
- THE DAMNED -
King of the Hill Champ Tour 219 - Win Percentage 100
"1v1 Skyyr might be the best pilot ever to play the game." - Via PM, Name Redacted

Offline MajWoody

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2015, 12:34:07 AM »
Not defending the "Ubertard" here but, the vulchee should have upped from another field.
Lets keep the stupid to a minimum.
Old Age and Treachery, will overcome youth and skill EVERYTIME

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2015, 12:34:35 AM »
Been thataway since the beginning of time.  Ya, it's kind of a reflection of poor sportsmanship.... but, this is not a sport.  Nobody has to try-out, follow directions or observe some kind of code of honor (lol).  Let the monkeys get their kills and beat their chest.  We can't very well expect more of a monkey.   Besides, it's fun as hell and nobody forces nobody to up a vulched field.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 12:44:28 AM by Tumor »
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2015, 12:40:21 AM »
Vulching is normaly a mean of shuting down a field in order to prevent the enemy from upping and defend the base. Its a dirty job but someone needs to do it. The other way is to bomb the hangars but deack and vulching requiers less planing amd coordination.
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2015, 12:43:35 AM »
Vulching is normaly a mean of shuting down a field in order to prevent the enemy from upping and defend the base. Its a dirty job but someone needs to do it. The other way is to bomb the hangars but deack and vulching requiers less planing amd coordination.

I can't bomb.  It is not a question of planning.  :P
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
- THE DAMNED -
King of the Hill Champ Tour 219 - Win Percentage 100
"1v1 Skyyr might be the best pilot ever to play the game." - Via PM, Name Redacted

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2015, 12:57:16 AM »

I loved when that happened. I stopped flying for score at the end of my active participation in the MA and loved base defense, but would almost always get a couple of kills each time upping from a vulched filed. I got off on the excitement.
Timing is everything and your countryman was foolish to roll with an enemy diving on him. You and he should learn from the GV players.
Tower out when you see the bombs or bullets on their way. To do otherwise is to die foolishly. I'll let you figure out what happens for the upper and the guy trying to vulch. One plane ups, then a countryman, and suddenly a serious challenge to the enemy occurs and you turn the tide, the base is saved. That's what this game is all about.
Only in the AvA will you find guys letting you up so they can fight with you, so if you're in the MA's that's a different game with it's own great challenges to be overcome.

Happy Holidays,
 :cheers:

Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2015, 01:09:54 AM »
Not defending the "Ubertard" here but, the vulchee should have upped from another field.
People who arent vets here wont understand this concept because 99% of flight combat games are structured towards arcade style action. With that said MajWoody is correct in his statement. If a player does not like to be vulched simply do not up from that base or man a gun.

You have to consider the time and effort that is put into vulching. From De-acking to maintaining the advantage and everything in between. Vulching is something earned by the player/players vulching and can be overcome. Not foul play here.
393rd Bombardment Squadron

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2015, 01:10:37 AM »
But V, bombing is easy they say :x :bolt: :salute

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2015, 01:21:52 AM »

Its not hard to do but it takes much longer time for the bombers to reach alt and the target so they have to launch a lot earlier than the fighters. Dropping FH still allows bombers to up so it will take a bomber at least 3 runs to shut down a small field and thats means that the first hangers are just minutes from popping.

W sufficient numbers its a lot easier to deack and vulch, just launch a bunch of heavy fighters and go and have fun..
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2015, 01:29:07 AM »
Its not hard to do but it takes much longer time for the bombers to reach alt and the target so they have to launch a lot earlier than the fighters. Dropping FH still allows bombers to up so it will take a bomber at least 3 runs to shut down a small field and thats means that the first hangers are just minutes from popping.

W sufficient numbers its a lot easier to deack and vulch, just launch a bunch of heavy fighters and go and have fun..
:old: well said Zimmie! So much time goes into a good bombing run. Even then it takes a certain skill level to survive the trip in if defended at alt.

The only thing I slightly disagree with is it is hard to do if you factor in everything it takes and everything that can go wrong. To get it right takes experience that is hard earned from many mistakes and sorties.

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2015, 04:15:17 AM »
Forgive me Father for I have vulched!!

I have done it before and will continue to do it but I do not survive the Ack often.

I do understand the OP's point though.  If you are a very highly ranked pilot would it not be better for the game to allow the other player to lift and have some fun?  You would still have an advantage of speed and likely altitude.  Clubbing seals on the field is not something the top players should do IMO.

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2015, 07:46:50 AM »
Diaster,

There are a couple of things I'd like to mention.

1. Vulching is part of the game.

2. If there are vulchers over your field, you roll from another field and come in with alt and E to kill the vulchers. It works well!

3. Instead of being in a manned ack watching your friendlies get vulched, up a plane yourself. They should not be able to vulch both of you. This way you both have a chance of at least one of you getting into the air.

4. It's not the vulchers fault, he just wants cheap easy kills, its the guy who keeps uppings' fault because he obviously doesn't get it.

I see you are voicing your opinion and displeasures with certain aspects to the game, but this is the type of raw game play you should expect when in a free world war type of game. People have no mercy. The enemy certainly has no mercy. You just have to learn how to be better than them. We all have our inconsistencies with the game, and it aggravates the hell outa me sometimes. But I've learned to play the game better, I take risks like flying a P40N this whole tour. I do what I can to up on a vulched feild so that I can defend and get 1 or 2 kills before I land or crash. It's the fun of the game and we have unlimited lives so it shouldn't really matter.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2015, 08:11:42 AM »
I wonder how many new players quit over the years, because of getting repeatedly vulched for having the nerve to fight.

There is often only one or two bases flashing at a front these days.   Fights have been becoming harder to come by.   Isn't an earned kill much more satisfying?   Or are they too hard to get?
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Squire

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2015, 08:31:37 AM »
The guy was not forced to takeoff. Anybody with an ounce of reason knows they can up from another base.
Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team
1841 Squadron Fleet Air Arm
Aces High since Tour 24