Author Topic: Tonight summed it up for me  (Read 7213 times)

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
Tonight summed it up for me
« on: December 23, 2015, 08:04:37 AM »
A side was rolling bases like mad.  They outnumbered us 2 to 1.  When we lifted to provide a defence the attack would melt and another base would fall.

I voiced my displeasure.  Suggested we should fight over a base.  I am of course an idiot and should learn to defend.  15 players and probably 60 active bases.  Maybe 5 or 6 flashing.  Up----chase----another base goes.  Up---chase---another base goes........sigh. The only fights I got into were good fun but were short lived.

I got schooled on 200 as to the fact I should learn to defend better.  Ok.......again......60 bases, 15 players......GV's = no dar bar........explain to me again where I should be to defend?  All this with a 2 to 1 majority globally, more like a 5 to 1 locally.  By the time people know there is an attack they are already pinned down.

I know, I should really work on my skills, I bow down to your ability.  I am humbled.

What a crock of crap.  You guys are not interested in the fight - you want to laud it that you took x number of bases.  The really sad thing is, many of you can beat me in the air - you are just not interested in doing that - base takes without fights is more preferable.  ACES HIGH my ass.  The game is not living up to the title and it is the players that are killing it.

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
Re: Tonight summed it up for me
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2015, 08:49:22 AM »
whether anyone likes it or not, GVing is an active part of AH, as is intended. Yesterday morning, early, the Aussie crew and some others of us rolled a few(5 or 6) bases with very little defense. Once we started on a Bish port, the fight was on, and it was a great defense, we had to give it up. A big salute to the defenders, you did a great job. If you chose one aspect of the game, and don't know to recognize a base that is flashing, with no dar bar is PROBABLY being attacked by GVs, and you CHOSE not to defend it, either in a GV or by manning a gun or upping with ords, don't accuse others of not wanting to fight, but look to yourself. WHO is it really NOT choosing to fight?
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline mike8318

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2015, 09:07:11 AM »
Or you could play they way you want to and not worry about everyone else.
Don't try and outweird me.I get stranger things than you free in my breakfast cereal!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dKgjtBxyis&feature=youtu.be

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2015, 11:01:58 AM »
I personally hate tanks and refuse to fight in them. It's my opinion but I think they are the most boring aspect to the game. Would be nice if more people actually flew planes in the off hours instead of millaging around in tanks shooting at barns. Then you up an a20 and bomb them and they get all pissed lol.   I think tanking is the newb way out.

If I'm on a team that is getting hoarded. I simply roll a 262 or Temp from a few bases back and reck havoc on the hoarders. It's works very well.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2015, 11:34:00 AM »
I love GVing, I beleive it takes every bit as much skill to be successful in a tank as it does a plane. There are those in this game that are great pilots and those that are great GVers, but the majority of us are capable in anything, just not great.

If  you chose to avoid the GV side of the game, its your money, but don't belittle those that do chose the GV side. As to getting bombed, in most cases it's enemy gv'ers that do the bombing. :D That again is part of the game.

Last night there was a bunch of whining about spawn camping, and again I don't like spawning in and getting shot immediately, but it is part of the game. Spawn camping is just another defensive technique, no different than someone flying High CAP over their air base.
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2015, 11:38:01 AM »
Violator, GVs happen to be fun, and definitely not a "noob way out". Obviously, you either got whooped trying it, or you've run across some of the VERY good tankers ingame. WWhiskey was one of the best. I've had moving fights with other tanks, which require skill, tactics and very good aim. I've had long range fights which, again, require special talents that take as much time to develop as learning ACMs and aim in planes. Just because you don't want to take the time to get good in GVs doesn't qualify you to opine on GVs and GVers. I personally think those who only want to do one thing hurt the game MUCH more than those who are multifaceted.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2015, 01:15:39 PM »
Violator, GVs happen to be fun

No, they are not.

I personally think those who only want to do one thing hurt the game MUCH more than those who are multifaceted.

When "multifaceted" actually means "encounter resistance in air, switch to unmolested GV", it's harmful.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2015, 01:29:12 PM »
I personally hate tanks and refuse to fight in them. It's my opinion but I think they are the most boring aspect to the game.  . . .

I prefer planes but when the other two countries are fighting each other then a tank run can be great fun.  Now, spawn camping is not for me more than a few minutes.  Think attack, search and destroy.  A much more fun tactic albeit you are much more vulnerable than someone engine off.  Sneak up behind a spawn camper and bust his can.  Now that is fun.

Offline 715

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2015, 01:41:57 PM »
Would be nice if more people actually flew planes in the off hours instead of millaging around in tanks shooting at barns.

Really?  I spend virtually all my time in tanks.  I have never once fired at a barn.  I have never seen any other tanker fire at an unoccupied barn... ever. 

And if more people were in planes it would be nice for you.  It would not be particularly nice for the other people who like to GV.  But then they aren't important because... well.. they aren't you.

Oh.. and millaging is not a word.  Try milling or pillaging.

Offline shppr01

• AvA Staff Member
  • Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2015, 01:43:37 PM »
Personally, I happen to like GVs . I do jump in a plane also . I think it is the best of both! WWII had both and worked well with each other. You cannot have one without the other . But, That is just my opinion.. Fly , if that is what you like to do . GV , if that is what you like as well. I try to be as well rounded as I can in both . Although I can't fly as well as GV. ( I suck in both!) 

Ingame : Shipper

Never put your gun down to hug a grizzly.

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2015, 01:57:42 PM »
No, they are not.

Wiley.

Sure they are. I love a good furball as much as everyone.......but I love playing the entire game more.

Hey Fess, if ya see me on, and want a hand defending shoot me a PM.....I'm not country loyal
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2015, 02:01:52 PM »
Sure they are. I love a good furball as much as everyone.......but I love playing the entire game more.

I'm happy for you.  How do you feel about Hello Kitty Island Adventure or Japanese girlfriend simulator games?  I'd be willing to guess not so much.  Understand that's how I feel about GVing.  There is just nothing interesting about it.

The point is, there often simply is not enough mass of opponents to have fun flying a fighter in this game.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2015, 02:10:44 PM »
Frankly, this is just another whine by the "THEY WON'T play the way I want them to" gang. Really tiring. You have a game that allows for various things to do, and you're like the teenager standing in front of a full refrigerator for 20 minutes saying" There's nothing to eat". Go make a better game, I dare you.....

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2015, 02:15:37 PM »
I like the all around play personally.

I prefer to not defend if I can go on the attack.  But I will defend.

That being said, I haven't been on much.  Been drained out lately.  I think what is demotivating m is helping out on an attack.  It gets defended then it turns into a furball with a handful actually trying to get the base.  Seemingly, the same guys kill my M3.  They aren't really fighting.  They are simply killing troops and camping the route.  Not complaining.  It is the thing to do in the defense of the base.

I think that because of that, you see hordes coming in to ensure troops can get in.

My style of play is very different in approach to take a base.  I like to do the unexpected with troops and hide in places you would never expect to see them coming from.   I have driven clear to the other side of town / field and hide for an hour or longer.  Just to get the base. 

Sometimes, if the town is deacked and it is a base you HAVE to fly a goon in to, I will attempt to land at the MR.  VERY risky but is often the last place anyone looks. 

I like the long range bomb runs.  I like fighting in the air (though I need more practice).  I like to GV sometimes.  I like to simply sweep.  Sometimes I just like running troops.

Most of all, I like working with others for the cause.  I like the satisfaction of taking a base when you work together.

All in fun!!!

:rock
AKSlpKnT
Arabian Knights
DCS:
SlipKnoT
vCSG-3, VMA-513 Flying Nightmares (AV8B)

Offline Canspec

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2015, 02:26:34 PM »
Frankly, this is just another whine by the "THEY WON'T play the way I want them to" gang. Really tiring. You have a game that allows for various things to do, and you're like the teenager standing in front of a full refrigerator for 20 minutes saying" There's nothing to eat". Go make a better game, I dare you.....

No...what he is saying is that he joined for air combat and that air combat has pretty much died out.  The website says, "High fidelity flight simulation is the heart of Aces High...", which unfortunately with the low/divided player base is no longer true. So the air combat types are leaving.  The game tries to do too much and divides the small player base....it should be either Air, GV or ship combat focussed. It doesn't have the player base for all three..... :old: