Author Topic: HQ down again  (Read 18401 times)

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
Re: HQ down again
« Reply #75 on: December 28, 2015, 09:00:29 AM »
but if it's necessary its going down!

Excuse me Wizz.  In your determination phase could you please factor in the number of players.  If it is less than 90 could you please refrain from killing the game.

Thanks.  :salute
-- Flying as X15 --

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #76 on: December 28, 2015, 09:11:45 AM »
your midget tactics lack substance. Tolerate away  :ahand

This coming from the Intardnet tough guy threatening to give his address out.  You can't get out of your own way little man so stop with the weak-arse huckleberry routine.  You ain't that tough.
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #77 on: December 28, 2015, 09:14:25 AM »
Why is there always one turd that just won't flush?  Finally got one turd to flush and now there's another floater...don't ya just hate that?  Such a waste of good water.
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #78 on: December 28, 2015, 09:34:16 AM »
Excuse me Wizz.  In your determination phase could you please factor in the number of players.  If it is less than 90 could you please refrain from killing the game.

Going for HQ with 90 players is not my concern... numbers dont matter especially if someone is griefing my cou tries HQ.

I appreciate the fact that your being polite unlike some people. I rarely attack HQ to begin with but will support HQ missions if the 49ers are on one.

The simple fact is I am going to voice my opinion over this subject and because im the loudest voice I get all the flak. If you dont have proof of what i do in game than it is mere speculation.

Lucky for yall im cool headed enough not to take this stuff personal and grief the hell out of HQ for the next week. It's just a waste of time. I can easily see myself doping that if I was who you think I am :rofl

Thus the forum battle remains and im here to chime in whenever the Wizz is needed as a voice of reason.
393rd Bombardment Squadron

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #79 on: December 28, 2015, 09:40:19 AM »
Why is there always one turd that just won't flush?  Finally got one turd to flush and now there's another floater...don't ya just hate that?  Such a waste of good water.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 09:43:36 AM by Wizz »

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline Hetzer7

• Nickel Member
« Reply #80 on: December 28, 2015, 09:47:07 AM »
wow, a lot of tough guys in this thread. :rofl

« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 09:53:50 AM by Hetzer7 »

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #81 on: December 28, 2015, 09:57:47 AM »
wow, a lot of tough guys in this thread. :rofl
tends to happen when someone is loosing an argument. I am simply calling ones bluff. Easy to throw words via a keyboard :rofl

I enjoy peoples perception of me as a whimpy teenage smart arse  :x

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #82 on: December 28, 2015, 10:01:43 AM »
tends to happen when someone is loosing an argument. I am simply calling ones bluff. Easy to throw words via a keyboard :rofl

I enjoy peoples perception of me as a whimpy teenage smart arse  :x(Image removed from quote.)
I thought you were the guy that wanted to hand out his address? Or did I take that completely wrong, and you just wanted to invite Bear over for some tea and scones?
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #83 on: December 28, 2015, 10:05:56 AM »
I thought you were the guy that wanted to hand out his address? Or did I take that completely wrong, and you just wanted to invite Bear over for some tea and scones?
If someone feels offended by my words such as bear has and proceeds to tell me I dont want to go there you bet ill invite him over for tea and scrones :ahand

What do you think I meant? :x

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
« Reply #84 on: December 28, 2015, 11:00:36 AM »
Going for HQ with 90 players is not my concern... numbers dont matter...

Wizz, let me try to understand you 100%.

Respectfully, are you saying you (and the 49'rs) will take HQ down even if it causes people to log off the game as a result [yes\no]?

-- Flying as X15 --

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #85 on: December 28, 2015, 11:05:08 AM »
You are ignoring this user. Show me the post.
Best choice I ever made
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #86 on: December 28, 2015, 12:38:55 PM »
Best choice I ever made
I think I will try that.   :aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline 1ijac

• Silver Member
« Reply #87 on: December 28, 2015, 12:39:15 PM »
Why don't we quit blaming other players for a game feature.   I believe HTC is aware of some players' issues with the HQ downtime.  HTC has already stated that due to programing, they have to set the downtime and hardness of HQ on each map when it comes up.  Sometimes, that doesn't get done right away due to after office hours or other pending company issues.  They have taken steps to try different settings on HQ and yet it is greeted with more complaining.  Although it is not so desirable, I choose to run supplies to HQ, help the country effort and get on with the game. 
"One-Eye"

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #88 on: December 28, 2015, 12:53:47 PM »
Best choice I ever made

Way ahead of you.   :)

Why don't we quit blaming other players for a game feature.   I believe HTC is aware of some players' issues with the HQ downtime.  HTC has already stated that due to programing, they have to set the downtime and hardness of HQ on each map when it comes up.  Sometimes, that doesn't get done right away due to after office hours or other pending company issues.  They have taken steps to try different settings on HQ and yet it is greeted with more complaining.  Although it is not so desirable, I choose to run supplies to HQ, help the country effort and get on with the game. 

I made the thread to alert the proper authorities to the regression of the HQ kerfuffle.   If enough people voice their rational and totally legitimate displeasure on this matter,  HTC will resume the stopgap measures that diffused the situation a short time ago.

Personally, disabling the darbars for 1/3 of the players is not a good idea in the first place.   It does nothing to promote combat and is just a frustrating chore to resupply the HQ or play hide and seek, hoping to find combat in a combat game that you are paying for.   
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Dundee

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #89 on: December 28, 2015, 12:54:57 PM »
Best choice I ever made

We, or I, take the HQ down to stop a Bishop or Knight advance from rolling bases. It has been successful in the past so that is why we do it. If the Bishops or Knights decide to log off because they can deal with not taking bases, that is their choice. The other night our HQ was taken down.....we didn't freak out we took 2 Bishop bases while it was down.....so the HQ is not all that important. One bonus was the Bishop shade accounts couldn't see what we were doing.....so we really didn't care if it went down. And you might take note, most of the 49th HQ take downs are not done after 10p when most of the Bishops are logging off anyway, its really a waste of time.

If any country is rolling our bases, you can expect us to hit your HQ to force you to resup it. Don't forget we also endure ENY when a side logs off so we also take that into consideration if a mission is planned. The bottom line is, and its been said before by subscribers as well has Skuzzy.............you need to protect your HQ. I mean if you defended your HQ like you do some of your Vbases we wouldn't be able to take it down. You rarely see a HQ taken down in Mid or Early War because there are low numbers and like I said it does not give that much of an edge when there are few players. I mean really what is all that important about a Dar Bar....the base still flashes when there is an intruder.....the chat buffer still works....so there is still communication on country as well as voice chat.

And also when we do a GV mission to HQ we are now recording the operations......seems a few of the Bishops have the uncanny ability to find us when we are so far away the HQ doesn't flash. And when the HQ is taken down we move to a different position. We also change location if a plane fly's close just in case they were filming also. The Last GV mission we did we had people fly right to us.....so some one had some way to find GV that do not show up on a map....no one disco'd during that mission and was showing a dot. Something real fishy about how we were found out. No big deal, but were going to be filming missions in the future.....and using out of game coms.

Here's lookin at ya

« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 01:46:21 PM by Dundee »