Author Topic: Off hours-- or should that be low population WARNING>>RANT  (Read 12856 times)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
Re: Off hours-- or should that be low population WARNING>>RANT
« Reply #165 on: December 25, 2015, 06:17:20 PM »
I simply injected fact where facts were being overlooked. Fact is that you are extremely less likely to be horded when you are on a team that has numbers.

Therefore  if you are taking off at a base that is being attacked, which does not mean it is being horded, you can take off with what you are allowed to depending on numbers.

Works better than anything else suggested. It works far better than users policing themselves.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

It may have worked when we had 500 players.  It doesn't work with 75.    The guys getting punished by ENY log off.  Also it is a global effect which is detrimental to localized fights that ARE even. 

Some of the most fun I have had is defending against a rolling base take only to have my opponents quit because the ENY Monster got them.  That's not fun for anyone.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2015, 06:20:16 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
- THE DAMNED -
King of the Hill Champ Tour 219 - Win Percentage 100
"1v1 Skyyr might be the best pilot ever to play the game." - Via PM, Name Redacted

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #166 on: December 25, 2015, 06:18:24 PM »
Double post.
”KILLER V”
- THE DAMNED -
"1v1 Skyyr might be the best pilot ever to play the game." - Via PM, Name Redacted

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #167 on: December 25, 2015, 07:00:55 PM »
It may have worked when we had 500 players.  It doesn't work with 75.    The guys getting punished by ENY log off.  Also it is a global effect which is detrimental to localized fights that ARE even. 

Some of the most fun I have had is defending against a rolling base take only to have my opponents quit because the ENY Monster got them.  That's not fun for anyone.

A better player would have switched to help even the teams. If they left instead that was the choice they made on their own. Most that log do so because they do not take the time to learn to fight in the older planes. They are effective.

If you still feel that it could be better, HT is always open to better ideas. Put an in depth idea together and send it in to HT or post in the Wish List.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2015, 07:05:07 PM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #168 on: December 25, 2015, 07:30:34 PM »
A better player would have switched to help even the teams. If they left instead that was the choice they made on their own. Most that log do so because they do not take the time to learn to fight in the older planes. They are effective.

If you still feel that it could be better, HT is always open to better ideas. Put an in depth idea together and send it in to HT or post in the Wish List.

:rofl
”KILLER V”
- THE DAMNED -

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #169 on: December 27, 2015, 09:37:09 PM »
I have an idea to promote fights. Two countries and a 1 hour switch time.   :D

But it'll never happen.  :(
The one hour switch time should have NEVER been changed. That ran off loyal players.
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #170 on: December 27, 2015, 09:38:54 PM »
The one hour switch time should have NEVER been changed. That ran off loyal players.

In all fairness. It should really be 2.  But heyy that's just me.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion